Elliot Anderson: joins Nottingham Forest on a permanent deal with 5 year contract (Official)

joeyt

1 minute ago, Viana said:

He looks of the level, but I think he needs more football to figure out how he can consistently cause teams a problem. 

I honestly think he just needs to play more games - he was always wanting the ball, making the runs but he wasn't always getting it.  He clearly has the confidence and no doubt the ability. 

I mean, it’s important to remember that he’s basically had no football this season as well. You can’t be disappointed when he’s not come in and immediately replaced Willock or Joelinton. He’ll have been rusty so to play as well as he did was very promising imo.

1 hour ago, duo said:

I honestly think he just needs to play more games - he was always wanting the ball, making the runs but he wasn't always getting it.  He clearly has the confidence and no doubt the ability. 

Yeah he’s not a bad player, but sometimes when he gets the ball it’s not obvious to him what to do. As you say, games will fix this. 

He looked confident and did a lot right. 

You could tell he hadn't prepared to start the game.  There was very little understanding shown between himself and the other players, outside from a couple of nice give and goes with Isak.  

Other players definitely didn't trust him to receive passes in tight areas as much as they would Joelinton or Willock.  And that is understandable. 

All that meant we weren't quite as fluid down the left as usual.  It was stark when compared to the right wing, where you had 3 players who were practically telepathic in the way they passed and moved.

Definitely seen enough to say he has a future at the top level.  And as many have said, he just needs lots of game time now.  Do think he should've played in the Championship this season.  Probably stunted his development. 

I thought he had a decent game and did what was expected of him, I don’t think he was any better or worse than Longstaff who also had a decent game.

The benefit Longstaff had is that he had Trippier and Almiron to the side of him who know their roles and have great interchanging link up play, you can put Bruno in to that too as when we are on possession he links up better down the right.

Compare this to the left hand side which was all over the place, Burn doesn’t really get forward and even when he does he offers little, Isak is wasted out there and is rarely played in behind instead constantly having the ball to his feet at a standstill before he tries to run forward. It was predictable and the same over and over again.

Watching Elliott last night I could see him potentially working well with Joelinton or Willock when they occupy the left side of the team and constantly rotate position, he was looking to go out wide left at times but Isak wasn’t moving in field meaning there was little space with the bus parked.

3 minutes ago, Dokko said:

He faded hard, but was good 1st half and there's a player in there. 

Yeah, saw him trying to stretch off cramp in the late 60’ minute spot shortly before he went off

What's clear is that the "rawness" has disappeared. He now looks in tune with the rest of the team....

However, with that, he's lost a touch of his individualism. It's a fine balance.

It's like he's slightly afraid of taking people on etc. 

He's certainly moved up a level and can now take that into next season.

Randomly ended up chatting with the club doctor and head physio well into the early hours last night, they said there's no way he should've been playing but he was insistent.

What a lad.

8 minutes ago, Rich said:

Randomly ended up chatting with the club doctor and head physio well into the early hours last night, they said there's no way he should've been playing but he was insistent.

What a lad.

And what else did you talk about you tease. 

We’ll I don’t want to be ‘that guy’ but…..I thought he was very average. That’s way better than bad. No real mistakes and never put the team in trouble. I think his attitude and application are top notch. Good engine too. You can tell the game wasn’t too fast for him. That’s a mental thing. He wasn’t rushed. That was all good.

I thought his touch and skill level were below what we need. Perhaps he’ll develop into a decent squad player but I think, comparing him to S Longstaff as an example. Even early on you could see SL had a certain ability with the ball which meant he had a better chance than most academy products. Not a better chance of being a world beater just a better chance of making the squad.

Really wish the best for Anderson. Terrific attitude. Can’t be faulted. Just think that ultimately, he has  couple of deficiencies that can’t really be fixed.

Just now, Lotus said:

We’ll I don’t want to be ‘that guy’ but…..I thought he was very average. That’s way better than bad. No real mistakes and never put the team in trouble. I think his attitude and application are top notch. Good engine too. You can tell the game wasn’t too fast for him. That’s a mental thing. He wasn’t rushed. That was all good.

I thought his touch and skill level were below what we need. Perhaps he’ll develop into a decent squad player but I think, comparing him to S Longstaff as an example. Even early on you could see SL had a certain ability with the ball which meant he had a better chance than most academy products. Not a better chance of being a world beater just a better chance of making the squad.

Really wish the best for Anderson. Terrific attitude. Can’t be faulted. Just think that ultimately, he has  couple of deficiencies that can’t really be fixed.

As @Richposted he had no business even playing last night due to injury. 

1 minute ago, Lotus said:

I would say his touch and skill level are both better than Longstaff’s. He’s a strong boy too, but does seem to lack a yard of pace.

1 hour ago, Rich said:

What a lad.

Thought he was absolutely fine in the first regardless of injury. 

Guest reefatoon

Thought he played well and was involved. Lovely through ball for Isak in the first half.

Just a shame he had to fill in for the irreplaceable beast that is Joelinton, who is so pivotal to how we perform and play. 

Edited by reefatoon

On 23/05/2023 at 10:54, AyeDubbleYoo said:

He did play quite conservatively, but so did most of the team. We knew that it wasn't worth risking the ball too much because a draw was good enough. It was a weird sort of game like that. 

Understandable. He doesn’t want to make mistakes and make a Charlie of himself. 

On 23/05/2023 at 09:58, Lotus said:

I thought this myself. Given he was apparently suffering from injury, I'm going to ignore the performance.