Elliot Anderson

joeyt

2 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Tempted for fantasy football as one of the cheapest midfielders, but our fixtures are so hard. 

On form alone in pre-season I think it is likely he will start or be very close to it.  Definately in my FF squad given the price! 

3 minutes ago, Dan Gleebals said:

On form alone in pre-season I think it is likely he will start or be very close to it.  Definately in my FF squad given the price! 

I just think we could easily lose the first three games quite comfortably. 

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

First 5 games are rough. I hope we can accumulate some points as I don't trust our fanbase to be measured in their response. 

Guest reefatoon
12 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

We played Man City, Brighton and Liverpool in our first five games last season and didn’t do too bad.

There is quite a bit negativity kicking around this summer and I am not sure why, we have just come off one of our best seasons, are in the champions league and wanting to kick on.

Edited by reefatoon

2 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

We played Man City, Brighton and Liverpool in our first five games last season and didn’t do too bad.

Tbf we got very lucky at Brighton. Was probably the only game along with Villa away I thought we were completely outplayed by anyone. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

Guest reefatoon
Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

Tbf we got very lucky at Brighton. 

and were unlucky against Man City and Liverpool. But we never got beat comfortably in any of them.

Edited by reefatoon

3 hours ago, huss9 said:

some players need loans, others need to stay and train with the first team and get the odd first team appearance.

Just look at Pep and he certainly develops their kids in different ways.

suppose its the individual players needs and also their expected ceiling.

I don’t think Pep is a great example here. He’s been at City for 5 years and has brought through 1 Academy graduate. Who is a generational talent and still not a main man in the side. At least when he was 19/20 he got 1700 minutes.  Cole Palmer is 21 and still barely getting a kick.  All the smart city lads are leaving at 20 like Lavia and co. Pep is not giving them minutes. 

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

I don’t think Pep is a great example here. He’s been at City for 5 years and has brought through 1 Academy graduate. Who is a generational talent and still not a main man in the side. At least when he was 19/20 he got 1700 minutes.  Cole Palmer is 21 and still barely getting a kick.  All the smart city lads are leaving at 20 like Lavia and co. Pep is not giving them minutes. 

Rico Lewis played quite a lot of footy last year at 18.

No doubt in my mind he'll play if he shines in training.. if the lad is focused on football and as a solid group around him then he'll be absolutely fine.

I understand the worry with youngsters off the field wise.

2 hours ago, ponsaelius said:

Rico Lewis played quite a lot of footy last year at 18.

True aye. But how much of that was down to Pep falling out with Cancelo. If there are no defensive outgoings at City + Gvardiol will he replicate those minutes and get more?

I hope he does. He seems to have the talent. 

I think most fans would prefer to see an academy player excel over someone brought in. I just wonder if with FFP whether these kids at City are sign as golden eggs that facilitate most instant gratification. 

Going to be his season. Barring any big injuries I think we're going to see a lot of him and we'll know a lot more about him and his talent this time next year. 

Looking forward to Miley getting minutes as well, but Anderson should be looking at starts, especially with willock going to need a few weeks to catch up on his fitness.

15 hours ago, Weezertron said:

First 5 games are rough. I hope we can accumulate some points as I don't trust our fanbase to be measured in their response. 

15 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

That's the spirit! Are you a motivational speaker by any chance?

13 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

Does anyone else see his long term position  more as a striker?

he might be missing an inch or 2 but I see a lot of attributes that could transition to a central striker 

He'd have to be part of a front two. 

Not really. Maybe he could do a job there. I’m not sure he’s tall or strong enough. Would mean teams could press us higher, than they otherwise would be able to. If he can adjust positionally to cm/camI think that will be his best position. He’s technically gifted and seems to be developing the stamina Howe wanted him to, to be able to play in that role and more specifically in his team.

It's not to be taken lightly that these pre-season goals and assists have come against top opposition, not some of the usual dross we might be playing otherwise. Granted these games are not at the pace of a regular PL game, but still bodes well.