Elliot Anderson

joeyt

Only watched maybe 10 mins, early in the game. Looked fairly entertaining but I didn't persevere with it. Did see Elliot have a shot from outside the box which bounced into the keeper. Went out for a corner I think. Atmosphere sounded good.

2 hours ago, Scoreboard82 said:

Only watched maybe 10 mins, early in the game. Looked fairly entertaining but I didn't persevere with it. Did see Elliot have a shot from outside the box which bounced into the keeper. Went out for a corner I think. Atmosphere sounded good.

He had a couple of shots in the first half - the first the keeper kind of scooped it clear low down, and the second was a save at a decent height for him after a burst through, and available on the official highlights - https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/12575714/carlisle-1-0-bristol-rovers-league-two-highlights

He was demanding the ball a lot in the first half and looked lively, but was less involved in the second half. He did create a very good chance with pretty much the last kick of the match, but nobody could convert his low cross. He also had a wild shot that flew out of the stadium, haha.

The 'Mad Mistake' from the Sunderland thread was also there and did a vlog for the match.

All in all a decent day. I was hoping Rovers would win, but obviously nothing like as invested in the result as our Gas friends on here. We also won £185 from a £15 combined accumulator thanks to Mansfield's 90+5 minute winner (another result which won't go down too well with our visitors on here).

Edited by Paullow

I must have signed up to the Bristol Rovers database when I bought my ticket for the game I attended back in Dec (ground hopping). Got an invite to do a survey on the website a couple of weeks ago and they've offered me a complimentary ticket for Saturday v Bradford. Typical, I never win owt or get freebies but now that I have it's useless to me. I would offer it out but it's complicated cos it's an e ticket sent to my e mail address . They're saying Saturday's game close to a sell out so they've given me 24 hours to claim it. Don't wanna deprive a Rovers fan of a seat so I'll let it go and they can sell it. Very kind offer from the club however.

Another good rating from the Bristol local paper today.

Elliot Anderson - 8

Prompted gasps of amazement in the first half when he breezed past two challenges with tricky footwork and it was a sign of things to come. A class above without the returns to show for it. Exhibited his deceptive power to leave Paudie O'Connor for dead. Got an assist for Finley's leveller, and could have had several more.

Was a dissapointing day for all at Rovers, even our performance however all was back to normal this past weekend when we moved ourselves into 5th place with a 2-1 win vs Mark Hughes Bradford City. 

I think we are pretty much going to end up in the play offs 'but automatic is not ruled out just yet. We need Elliot now more than ever, he just does something for the team that I haven't seen since we had a player called Jamie Shore (sadly he had to retired young due to an injury that would not go away) 

Anyway, should be go up' or even get to a play off final then we would love to see Toon Fans at Wembley in Newcastle colours. UTG 

Another good rating from the Bristol press today.

Elliot Anderson - 8

The Newcastle loanee saw plenty of the ball and was at his usual bullish best, providing many moments of concern for Tranmere. Brought the Gas back on terms with a fine finish inside the box. Continued to play his usual game, bullying Tranmere players when they tried to take the ball of him.

5 minutes ago, simonsays said:

I wouldnt get too excited about him just yet.  I went to see a league 2 match today and the standard was utter dogshit

I went to a premier league game Friday and the standard was utter dogshit

16 hours ago, simonsays said:

I wouldnt get too excited about him just yet.  I went to see a league 2 match today and the standard was utter dogshit

Plenty of shit in Lge 1, Championship and Pemiere too. 

League Two is not that bad in reality just the Officials are bellends. Its grass roots football not mamby pamby bullshit. 

Respect to the Toon Army, a proper Club

1 hour ago, Gashead 73 said:

Plenty of shit in Lge 1, Championship and Pemiere too. 

League Two is not that bad in reality just the Officials are bellends. Its grass roots football not mamby pamby bullshit. 

Respect to the Toon Army, a proper Club

Great to hear his song being sung yesterday...he will be be surely missed when he returns home

Well it's five games left for Billy, possibly up to eight depending on where the next five games take us.

This is the business end for us now, with automatic promotion still not ruled out if we can put more of our chances away.

There have been one or two suggestions that Elliott should or could be playing in a striker role.

He has more than shown he is physically at a level where he can cope with some of the nonsense that is played by some of the teams in League 2.

Yet to see more aerial ability from Elliott, but given the talent and desire he has got I'm sure his game would only improve in this area.

I don't think Barton is going to change it, will be interesting to see where Elliott ends up positionally during his career, he will have an army of fans from the blue half of Bristol.

Maybe one day he will have Big Al's number 9 shirt!

He will head back to the north east a better player than the one he left, great to hear that he and his family have been very happy with the way he has been treated at our club.

The script isn't written for where we will be playing next season, it's hard to imagine Elliott not having a big say in our bid for promotion in the next five games at least.

By the end of May he could go down as our biggest Gas legend since Rickie Lambert, if you want to watch your local boy online there are I-follow passes available through the clubs website for about a tenner.

Come on Billy, make us dream. 

Up the Gas, Toon Army