Elliot Anderson

joeyt

16 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Mint, we have a L2 team to support in the playoffs. Might even get automatic at this rate. 

I had a Geordie neighbour about 20 years back living in North Bristol, he loved the lash as much as we did, so he got an invite to a game with us on a Saturday afternoon and seemed to love it and started coming along regularly.

Always remember his words and why he kept coming back, he said your fans remind me of Geordies, I said why's that, he said no other f*cker understands us outside of where we come from, and neither club ever win anything!

I wouldn't bet against us sneaking 3rd spot yet, this is the best football I've seen for many years   

2 minutes ago, North Somerset Gas said:

I had a Geordie neighbour about 20 years back living in North Bristol, he loved the lash as much as we did, so he got an invite to a game with us on a Saturday afternoon and seemed to love it and started coming along regularly.

Always remember his words and why he kept coming back, he said your fans remind me of Geordies, I said why's that, he said no other f*cker understands us outside of where we come from, and neither club ever win anything!

I wouldn't bet against us sneaking 3rd spot yet, this is the best football I've seen for many years   

get you up. Loan you our 5 best young players and have joey smash the mackems, again. Think we can all live with that. 👍

8 minutes ago, North Somerset Gas said:

How much of it's down to Barton, would you say? Imagine yous had your doubts given the way you went down last season. 

9 minutes ago, North Somerset Gas said:

I saw a documentary once about some Geordie brickies in the 80s working in Germany. One of their gang was a Bristol lad, Rovers fan, big lad he was as well. I think they stuck together and got on well for series....I mean years.

8 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

How much of it's down to Barton, would you say? Imagine yous had your doubts given the way you went down last season. 

I'd say all of it, Wael Al Qadi our Jordanian owner basically gave him the keys to the club to take us forward. Said it how it was last season, he was too late into the building to stop the slide back to league two.

He was a big critic of our chief scout and Geordie Tommy Widdrington and he was soon shown the door and Barton took on the responsibility of overhauling the entire squad, scouting system, certain backroom staff.

He was savage in his criticism of the way the club was being run, stunned to find tobacco patches on the pitches at the training ground, and was on a mission to transform the Monday to Friday operation.

The football we watch now does not represent the league we play in, its very pleasing on the eye and Barton just has to take the plaudits.

I was in the keep him away from our club brigade at the start, the fanbase was split down the middle, since December its been one hell of a run, the club is united from top to bottom.

What he has done both on and off the pitch in such a short space of time is nothing short of breath taking at little ole Rovers.   

Not a fan of his past and another court case coming (Friday I believe), that aside he has taken on a job way beyond that of a coach and seems to relish it and for me he is the reason why the attendances are almost always close to capacity.     

17 minutes ago, madras said:

I saw a documentary once about some Geordie brickies in the 80s working in Germany. One of their gang was a Bristol lad, Rovers fan, big lad he was as well. I think they stuck together and got on well for series....I mean years.

That would be  Auf Wiedersehen Pet, not a documentary, it was a comedy drama that ran for a few years.

Bomber is gone now sadly to the Tote end in the sky, used to be a professional wrestler as well as an actor, great series, loved watching that as a kid.

4 hours ago, North Somerset Gas said:

It took a while to forget that nightmare game! The standard of refereeing in the lower leagues seems to subside every season.

There is a new stadium in the pipeline, right on the doorstep of the 'darkside' where the shirts are mostly a horrible red colour, all part of a complex planning application including housing and business complex next to Temple Meads railway station, and the river that used to traditionally split red and blue.

I think we have seen an artist impression of about 5/6 grounds now in the last 30 years, so the fact that nothing has been printed in the paper on this one may just be a good omen, and get a modern ground.

Did you sit or stand that night? Spoken to may visitors from other prem clubs who loved seeing the terraces, and the fact we have three stands down one side of the pitch!    

Seems like quite a transformation on the pitch since I was there. Good to see Elliot doing well. I sat that night. In the very steep stand that you enter via stairs in front of it. Didn't even realise there was an adjoining terrace to my left at the time. Could hear Port Vale fans and wondered where the noise was coming from. Went for a pint in the Wellington across the road pre match.

48 minutes ago, North Somerset Gas said:

That would be  Auf Wiedersehen Pet, not a documentary, it was a comedy drama that ran for a few years.

Bomber is gone now sadly to the Tote end in the sky, used to be a professional wrestler as well as an actor, great series, loved watching that as a kid.

I was slightly taking the rise mate re it being a doc.

On hols a few year back in Florida doing the shows and there's a re enactment from  an Indiana Jones.....they set it up on  a big screen.....3 of us shout "Its Bomber".....in time to hear another couple shout from the other end "It's Bomber"

Still don't think you boys know what you've got on your hands,that was probably the best midfield performance in 50 years of watching the Gas!!!!

I'm just happy to say we've watched him before he becomes a legend for you🙌

Guest HTT II

I must say I’m enjoying reading posts from you Rovers fans about one of our players and indeed your own team/club/Barton. I wasn’t a fan of Barton while he was here as a player nor him as a person, but I’d kind of like to see another homegrown manager do well in our game and it’s good to see a former celebrated somewhat ex player doing it in the lower leagues where I feel great strides can be made in terms of development and learning about players.

Hopefully we can make something out of Anderson (obviously). Unlike our academy graduates from the last 14 years, he has the benefit of being at an NUFC/playing in a squad that is on the up, looking to improve and really trying to make a crack at things. Hope that works out for him and everyone else in the future.

1 hour ago, GreenersGas said:

The funny thing is you are now in a position to spend millions of pounds on the best players around the world and you could well have this gem within your club!!!!!

Ive got a cunning plan Greeners, when no ones watching we should hijack the lad and hide him in the cellar of the Welly.

Feed him on Newcastle brown ale let him grow a beard and once NUFC start making big signings we will all live happily ever after.

I'll then drop him off on route to a long weekend in Whitley Bay in 2030 following our first season in the prem.

2 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Would like us to keep him first half of the season then loan out to a Championship from January. No reason why he couldn’t do the Murphy/Almiron role as back up ahead of those two?

I think in an ideal world Bristol Rovers get promoted, we loan him out to them for half a season in league one, and then loan him out to the championship for the second half of that season.