Sheffield United vs Newcastle United - 12/1/21 - 6pm (Live on Sky)

Stifler

Interesting comments from Chris Wilder.

I've known Steve a long time and he was actually my gaffer back in the day. I loved playing for him and both he and his son are Alex are great men who I have a lot of time for. Steve has done a great job since going to Newcastle and has moved the club on a lot since he came in. He could have won manager of the year last season but it wasn't to be. Most likely because he's English but unfortunately that's just how it is these days.

Tomorrow's game will be a good one I've no doubt about that. Two teams that are like minded and who like to roll their sleeves up and get on the front foot. I know Steve has worked hard to rid Newcastle of the boring tag they had previously and recent performances show that.

:lol:

Just wonder how all the SB apologists in the media can reconcile SU being favourites with the bookies when they haven't won a league game all season.

He's done a fantastic job so far this season with the poor hand he's had dealt him, but all of the extra hard work is starting to catch up with the players following Covid. Sheff United were always due a win, unfortunately for Steve his players just weren't up to the task.

Interesting comments from Chris Wilder.

I've known Steve a long time and he was actually my gaffer back in the day. I loved playing for him and both he and his son are Alex are great men who I have a lot of time for. Steve has done a great job since going to Newcastle and has moved the club on a lot since he came in. He could have won manager of the year last season but it wasn't to be. Most likely because he's English but unfortunately that's just how it is these days.

Tomorrow's game will be a good one I've no doubt about that. Two teams that are like minded and who like to roll their sleeves up and get on the front foot. I know Steve has worked hard to rid Newcastle of the boring tag they had previously and recent performances show that.

Just astounding that neither of these two top managers have been given a crack at a top 6 side. He must be right, it's the inherent bias in the PL against English managers who get their teams to roll their sleeves up and play on the front foot.

Darlow has us where we are , he deserves 100% to keep the jersey.

He’s earned it, no way should he be dropped .

If you have a better player though, you play him? Surprised Bruce has the balls to do it. We’d have kept Kelly and not signed Beardsley if Keegan had that philosophy.

Darlow has us where we are , he deserves 100% to keep the jersey.

He’s earned it, no way should he be dropped .

If you have a better player though, you play him? Surprised Bruce has the balls to do it. We’d have kept Kelly and not signed Beardsley if Keegan had that philosophy.

Agree. Feel bad for Darlow but Dubravka looked a class above on Saturday, his command of the six yard line was top class. Darlow has done his best to replicate it, but looks nowhere as assured.

I'd play dubrovnik. Give him 4 or 5 games back in the team and see how we get on.

No harm in rotating the GK's every few games anyway, if you've got 2 quality keepers in the squad it's strange to play one every game and the other just in Cup games.

Would actually give Shelvey a game against these. We need as many creative players as possible and with wilsons movement I think the two could work well together.

Poor defensively of course but when he wants to this lad can play some defense splitting passes.

:dowie: Shelvey creative

The lad literally joins the defence every time he plays.

He’s comfortably the most creative centre midfielder we have and the only one with any intention of passing the ball forwards. He’s got his flaws but surely you can’t pull him up for the thing he’s actually good at?

3 assists in 49 games. CREATIVE.

Come on mate, it’s far more complex that assist statistics and you know it. I’m not saying he’s some sort of creatine genius but compared to the other options he’s the most forward thinking passer we have. Then consider we haven’t scored a goal in about 7-8 hours and created almost zero you can see the original posters thought process.

I can't stand the sight of Shelvey, particularly when he drops back to the centre backs to get the ball, causing Joelinton to drop into centre mid so that Shelvey can play a short pass to Ritchie before it goes back to Darlow. It's mainly Bruce's fault why we create nothing, but Shelvey completely changes the game plan and we play much much worse. It's been happening for years now.

Same, I can’t stand the thought of Shelvey back in the team strolling about. No chance of any pressing if he is playing. The  Liverpool and Arsenal games should be the blueprint for us going forwards in getting higher up the pitch. If Shelvey starts then it’s more backfoot Bruceball

Was it incredible to sell David Kelly?

To be fair,  Kelly had the option to stay but KK had told him he wouldn't be starting so Kelly reluctantly decided to move on to play first team football.  I wouldn't say the situation is the same as this current goalkeeper scenario,  Darlow is our player of the season so far and has done nothing wrong to deserved being dropped.

Was it incredible to sell David Kelly?

To be fair,  Kelly had the option to stay but KK had told him he wouldn't be starting so Kelly reluctantly decided to move on to play first team football.  I wouldn't say the situation is the same as this current goalkeeper scenario,  Darlow is our player of the season so far and has done nothing wrong to deserved being dropped.

Other than Dubravka is a better keeper

If the consortium are so confident of a takeover, please beg Ashley to get rid of Bruce.

I want us to lose tomorrow as I cannot stand this fat fucking dosser. It’ll be an absolute disgrace and we will be a laughing stock, but I would rather that than see Bruce smiling at full time.

If the consortium are so confident of a takeover, please beg Ashley to get rid of Bruce.

I want us to lose tomorrow as I cannot stand this fat f***ing dosser. It’ll be an absolute disgrace and we will be a laughing stock, but I would rather that than see Bruce smiling at full time.

I like this

I kind of agree but who’s coming in? I’m sure the new owners will want a top class manager who isn’t coming while Ashley is still the owner?

Faintest hope I have is that they'll have assurances that Ashley won't be in charge for too much longer, but how the hell can assurances be made regarding a takeover after what happened in the summer? Posted in the Bruce thread that I never expected Benitez to come in under Ashley but after the many sagas and tussles they had no top manager worth their salt would touch us with a barge pole. I think.