Sheffield United vs Newcastle United - 12/1/21 - 6pm (Live on Sky)

Stifler

If the consortium are so confident of a takeover, please beg Ashley to get rid of Bruce.

I want us to lose tomorrow as I cannot stand this fat f***ing dosser. It’ll be an absolute disgrace and we will be a laughing stock, but I would rather that than see Bruce smiling at full time.

Not sure I agree with this. Personally I wouldn’t get rid of Bruce until we know one way or the other. Pointless bringing in someone like Mark Hughes or Pulis on a three year deal and then getting rid of them for someone like Rafa or Allegri a couple of months later. Maybe if we can get someone in on a six month deal but then we’d still only be looking at managers of the Calibre of the aforementioned Pulis and Hughes.

If the consortium are so confident of a takeover, please beg Ashley to get rid of Bruce.

I want us to lose tomorrow as I cannot stand this fat f***ing dosser. It’ll be an absolute disgrace and we will be a laughing stock, but I would rather that than see Bruce smiling at full time.

Not sure I agree with this. Personally I wouldn’t get rid of Bruce until we know one way or the other. Pointless bringing in someone like Mark Hughes or Pulis on a three year deal and then getting rid of them for someone like Rafa or Allegri a couple of months later. Maybe if we can get someone in on a six month deal but then we’d still only be looking at managers of the Calibre of the aforementioned Pulis and Hughes.

Agree.

If Bruce doesn’t go, we’re down. And I think we won’t be back for years if that happens.

If Bruce doesn’t go, we’re down. And I think we won’t be back for years if that happens.

While I agree it’s a definite possibility, I wouldn’t say it with the same certainty as you. The question is who comes in?

He's under no threat of losing his job for the next 6 weeks tbh. He's doing a shit job and a normal club would be considering their options and sounding out replacements but we're not at that stage yet. There is a buffer from relegation and that's all that matters. It'll need to get far worse than this for him to get sacked. It's only a matter of time but it's not imminent.

I agree with those who say “who comes in?” as it is an extremely valid point. Should the takeover go through, then we will of course be aiming for better than anyone who is going to realistically come whilst Ashley is here.

At this point though, Bruce has broken me more than Pardew ever did. His dog shit football, his performance in terms of results and the fact that he is a complete and utter bellend who can do no wrong in the eyes of the poisonous media. It is depressing as fuck, which I know is the norm under Ashley’s ownership. I don’t think I can sit through another of his embarrassing, cliche riddled interviews. I watched his interview after the 5-1 demolition derby earlier and he was talking about a reaction and dusting themselves down. He hasn’t got a clue how to manage a football team, I wouldn’t trust him managing my Sunday night 7 a side team.

If Wilson gets injured and ASM continues to not play, then there is a very real chance we will go down.

This has echos of the Steve McLaren season all over of. Lose tomorrow and Bruce needs to go. If we go down wave goodbye of any hope of a takeover

We were in the bottom three for basically the entire season, man. Didn't win until the ninth game then got battered at the Mackems in the following game anyway. The squad mostly couldn't give a shite and we had no strengths at all, beyond Wijnaldum when he was playing at home and an unlikely performer in Perez. We're nowhere near the McClaren season.

I agree with those who say “who comes in?” as it is an extremely valid point. Should the takeover go through, then we will of course be aiming for better than anyone who is going to realistically come whilst Ashley is here.

At this point though, Bruce has broken me more than Pardew ever did. His dog shit football, his performance in terms of results and the fact that he is a complete and utter bellend who can do no wrong in the eyes of the poisonous media. It is depressing as fuck, which I know is the norm under Ashley’s ownership. I don’t think I can sit through another of his embarrassing, cliche riddled interviews. I watched his interview after the 5-1 demolition derby earlier and he was talking about a reaction and dusting themselves down. He hasn’t got a clue how to manage a football team, I wouldn’t trust him managing my Sunday night 7 a side team.

If Wilson gets injured and ASM continues to not play, then there is a very real chance we will go down.

Fair points. :thup: Him patronising the fans makes him an even bigger cunt too. Should we not go down this season, if Bruce is still manager and Ashley is still here next season we will certainly drop then.

Also, your twitter account been suspended? :lol:

This has echos of the Steve McLaren season all over of. Lose tomorrow and Bruce needs to go. If we go down wave goodbye of any hope of a takeover

We were in the bottom three for basically the entire season, man. Didn't win until the ninth game then got battered at the Mackems in the following game anyway. The squad mostly couldn't give a shite and we had no strengths at all, beyond Wijnaldum when he was playing at home and an unlikely performer in Perez. We're nowhere near the McClaren season.

Do also agree but I see why people are starting to feel similarities due to the feeling that we'll get rid far too late like we did with McClaren: the longer Bruce lingers on the worse we'll get and like I posted just above, if we don't go this season we will next if he's still here.

Fair points. :thup: Him patronising the fans makes him an even bigger cunt too. Should we not go down this season, if Bruce is still manager and Ashley is still here next season we will certainly drop then.

Also, your twitter account been suspended? :lol:

The way he plays the victim card pisses me off. As if people shouldn’t be giving him criticism that we lost to Brentford in the cup, for example. He is unbearable!

And aye, got suspended 2 weeks ago for calling Nicola Sturgeon a bitch. :lol:

Going to make a new one if (hopefully when) we get taken over.

Do also agree but I see why people are starting to feel similarities due to the feeling that we'll get rid far too late like we did with McClaren: the longer Bruce lingers on the worse we'll get and like I posted just above, if we don't go this season we will next if he's still here.

I just can't see it. McClaren was abysmal of course but the recruitment was terrible too, back then. We had the 2010/11/12 peak with all those fantastic signings; Ba, Cisse, Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Tiote, solid lads like Perch, even Obertan did his bit... but then the windows just got worse and worse and worse - leaving us with a broken squad by the time Schteve came along. Then we added £80m-worth of even more badly thought-out signings. Mitrovic, Thauvin, Saivet, Mbemba, even Shelvey to some extent - collectively it was just a bit of a disaster and didn't work, when we were desperate for real rejuvenation. Yawning gaps in quality in every area, older players on the wane, and lads who didn't want to be here.

Throw in your shite manager, toxicity in the crowds and competent relegation rivals (there was only the Mackems who were gonna help us out, and of course that wasn't gonna happen) - and that's you fucked, sunshine.

We're nowhere near a situation like that now; the recruitment has, at worst, been inoffensive filler (notwithstanding value for money) and there's lots of properly wank sides in the league. We'd have to have a really bad summer to not just rinse and repeat the exact season over and over again, imo.

I just can't see it. McClaren was abysmal of course but the recruitment was terrible too, back then. We had the 2010/11/12 peak with all those fantastic signings; Ba, Cisse, Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Tiote, solid lads like Perch, even Obertan did his bit... but then the windows just got worse and worse and worse - leaving us with a broken squad by the time Schteve came along. Then we added £80m-worth of even more badly thought-out signings. Mitrovic, Thauvin, Saivet, Mbemba, even Shelvey to some extent - collectively it was just a bit of a disaster and didn't work, when we were desperate for real rejuvenation. Yawning gaps in quality in every area, older players on the wane, and lads who didn't want to be here.

Throw in your shite manager, toxicity in the crowds and competent relegation rivals (there was only the Mackems who were gonna help us out, and of course that wasn't gonna happen) - and that's you fucked, sunshine.

We're nowhere near a situation like that now; the recruitment has, at worst, been inoffensive filler (notwithstanding value for money) and there's lots of properly wank sides in the league. We'd have to have a really bad summer to not just rinse and repeat the exact season over and over again, imo.

Even still that 2015/16 side had more than enough quality; Perez, Wijnaldum, Sissoko, Townsend, the form in the run in under Rafa showed that. So do this side, I'd argue that its the best squad we've had since 2013/14. But the shit manager they have in common and Bruce's track record shows that the longer he's at clubs the worse the teams he's in charge of perform.

TWO points and NINE goals in their last 20 league matches.................

Had to double check which team you were referring to :lol:

No you didn't.

You're right, I didn't. I knew we'd scored a massive 20 goals in our last 20 games with a HUGE 20 points. We're MILES better than them, which I'm sure you agree would make not winning tonight rather embarrassing?