Aston Villa vs Newcastle United - 23/01/21 @20:00 - Live on SkySports

Not that it's likely to have much affect on our performance, but I'd like to see Dubravka come in. I reckon he will be getting restless pretty soon and begin to consider his options. He's now got some solid competition for his national team spot as the lad from Fulham put in some class performances for Slovakia in the qualifiers & played a massive part in getting them through. Dubravka will rightly have his eye on that, is our best keeper (best player generally imo), is fully fit and should play.

Porkrind says ASM is in the squad and will play “some part”. Smacks of desperation. What’s the betting getting him back now will only set him back further?

Thats another thing Bruce always does. Rush players back out of desperation and they end up injured for months

Porkrind says ASM is in the squad and will play “some part”. Smacks of desperation. What’s the betting getting him back now will only set him back further?

You say that as if there was something wrong with him.

Guest neesy111

Be interesting to see how villa are physically after their covid issues and then the game at city. Can’t see there being many goals a tight 1-0 defeat enough for Bruce to see progress.

I think they'll be fresher than us personally, they had 19 days without a PL game which is massive in such a congested period.

Be interesting to see how villa are physically after their covid issues and then the game at city. Can’t see there being many goals a tight 1-0 defeat enough for Bruce to see progress.

I think they'll be fresher than us personally, they had 19 days without a PL game which is massive in such a congested period.

More than likely, I was just unsure how many of their first team regulars had it and are only really just coming back.

Think we'll get absolutely fucking hammered personally. Notwithstanding that we're shit and Villa are better than us:

We're in rancid form and low on confidence.

Most of the defense is injured.

We don't have any idea what tactics we're supposed to be playing or what the manager will do this time. I also suspect neither he nor the players know what the gameplan will be.

Even last season when we finished ahead of Villa they were vastly superior in the head to head games which suggests that the way that they set up works particularly well against us anyway (admittedly this may be offset by the point immediately above.)

4th away game in 15 days which in fairness is always going to take something out of the players, they're not robots.

I know a lot of Villa fans from when I lived in Brum and life seems to hate me at the minute.

Think it will be 5 or 6. Which may or may not mean we rock up at SJP against Leeds looking like there is something to prove.

The game congestion thing might be a factor with other teams, won't really make any difference to us as we are a disorganised, demoralised mess, and Villa will have some fight in them Covid or no Covid.