Everton 0-2 Newcastle United - 30/01/21

Disco

We look like we've genuinely turned up thinking you'd immediately just surrender, and not the first time we've played like this this season. Our midfield repeatedly never has any sort of control in games. Sig in particular has been appalling.

And a worrying habit of making supposedly shit teams look decent.

Jones barking out instructions while Bruce just stands with his hands in his pockets and Clemence taking no part in the background

Clemence genuinely looks like he's zoned completely out. I doubt he even realised a game is on.

Almiron, manquillo and Wilson all had a good half there. Hendrick much more involved. I thought Fraser was pretty quiet but always going to be harder down the left with Lewis and Shelvey playing over that side of the pitch.

Manquillo looks far more competent down that side than anyone we’ve seen in months.

Guest neesy111

We look like we've genuinely turned up thinking you'd immediately just surrender, and not the first time we've played like this this season. Our midfield repeatedly never has any sort of control in the game. Sig in particular has been appalling.

I'm expecting you's to improve in the second half.

Well that looked like a well set up football team that had a clue wtf to do .

I could take a defeat if this was how we tried every week like this and done the basics right.

Jones made a difference.

I've just said the same to the wife.  If we had been getting beat playing like this then the team would have had a lot of support from us fans.

We are playing a bit new-manager-bouncy, has to be said. We've not been impressive, like I say, but the players look a lot more confident and determined, and obviously the pressing has actually been meaningful rather than just a pretence. Just shows how pig sick they must have been listening to the Steves, that even a rookie manager - who's only experience is a brief flirt with the bottom of the Championship - has galvanised the players.

We look like we've genuinely turned up thinking you'd immediately just surrender, and not the first time we've played like this this season. Our midfield repeatedly never has any sort of control in games. Sig in particular has been appalling.

And a worrying habit of making supposedly shit teams look decent.

Unfortunately, for you lot there have clearly been some changes made at our end by the new man that came in.

You also really miss Allan. Think Andre Gomes will probably come on for Sigurdsson at some point too, as he's not as good playing that deeper role.

Everton seem very pedestrian

We have been since October. We're a major work in progress, Sigurdsson looks genuinely clueless as to what to do in CM. As Kaka said we miss Allan a lot, but Ancelotti needs another couple of transfer windows to mould the team. We just never seem to have proper control in the midfield against anyone, just huge holes everywhere.

Interesting shot there where both Jones and Bruce stood up to shout instructions at the same time and Bruce was the one to stop and take the backseat.

If you didn’t know who the manager was, you’d think it was Jones. He’s had much more activity on the touchline.

Can’t even enjoy us playing reasonably well because I despise Bruce so much. It’s so bad it has got to this.