Joe Willock

On 04/09/2023 at 02:37, Strawberry said:

I think he did his best to push this transfer by saying put the budget on Willock so lets not twist things.

Willock will be his best buy for years to come not just now.

Did he buy wuh a kebab or summ'it

• 3 weeks later...

Gonna be mint when we have mentally fresh players in the second half of the season Willock, Joelinton, Tonali, Livramento, Isak/Wilson, Barnes (depending on how things pan out).

I've said before that sometimes I feel injuries can be a minor blessing long term. Look at Barnes, Gordon has benefitted (and therefore the team) from Barnes injury. If history is anything to go by, Barnes will be a better player for it in the new year and might give us a crucial boost. Could have done with him on Sunday mind.

The likes of Joelinton fighting their way back into the team will only provide an energy boost when someone like Anderson is ready for a rest. Look at the positives not the negatives, I think is my point.

7 minutes ago, STM said:

Gonna be mint when we have mentally fresh players in the second half of the season Willock, Joelinton, Tonali, Livramento, Isak/Wilson, Barnes (depending on how things pan out).

I've said before that sometimes I feel injuries can be a minor blessing long term. Look at Barnes, Gordon has benefitted (and therefore the team) from Barnes injury. If history is anything to go by, Barnes will be a better player for it in the new year and might give us a crucial boost. Could have done with him on Sunday mind.

The likes of Joelinton fighting their way back into the team will only provide an energy boost when someone like Anderson is ready for a rest. Look at the positives not the negatives, I think is my point.

All depends on the quality of the manager e.g. using such things as an excuse for defeat before a match has begun. Lucky, ours is great!

• 2 weeks later...

Desperate for Joe to return but even more so with the bad news story surrounding the club related to Tonali’s

gambling. Think he’ll likely take a bit of time to get back to his best but we’ve really missed his amazing ability to drive us forward. Seeing Joe and Isak back together is what we need 

16 minutes ago, Conjo said:

I think he's going to need a bit of time to get up to speed. Don't think we'll see much more than glimpses of the same player we had last season until January/February.

Absolutely, longterm hamstring followed by an Achilles injury. They’ll definitely not be rushing him back like. Two of the harder injuries for a player and physio team to overcome.