Joe Willock

7 minutes ago, Irish Magpie said:

Thought Miley was good again overall, but yeah, great to see him back - we've missed him.

I thought Miley was ball watching a lot of the game. Odegaard was in behind him countless times and luckily we weren’t punished further by him. He’s good on the ball but lacking a little defensively but he’s 17 and it will come. Same can’t be said for Longstaff. 

2 hours ago, Tisd09 said:

If we can keep, Willock, Barnes and Isak fit we maybe able to salvage something from this shit season. Encouraging cameo from Willock in that shit show this evening, hopefully get a few more minutes on Tuesday night. It's clear to see something totally different to what the rest of the midfield offers.

A front whatever of Willock, Barnes, Gordon, and Isak has a lot of movement. I hope they’re all on the pitch together in some capacity by the end of the season. 

Since I know Eddie won’t change formations maybe get Willock in for Miley in today’s setup. Gordon for Miggy and Barnes on the left. Could give us some real fluidity and mobility/movement. 

Edited by cubaricho

Missed him so damn much all season. That player who fucking destroyed spurs last season, and the one who paired with Joelinton were absolutely in Brighton’s faces the entire match, was something truly special brewing. 

Guest reefatoon

Great for him to get some minutes into his legs at the weekend. Really looking forward to having him back and being able to change up our midfield.

Edited by reefatoon

He looked really sharp on Saturday. Absolutely showed us what we've been missing. That willingness/ability to carry the ball forward, the technical skill to get out of tight spaces, the positivity of his play. Hope he can stay fit as he's a great player and a very likeable lad. 

What would our midfield 3 and forward 3 be when all are fit?

Tonali

Bruno

Big Joe

Barnes

Isak

Gordon

Or would Willock get in there? I can’t recall many games where Willock has had a stinker since signing, may be forgetting some as he’s been out so long.

I also agree with others that I prefer Big Joe on the left as he offers a lot there. But is he a better option than those listed above?

8 minutes ago, Big Jow said:

Tonali

Bruno

Big Joe

Barnes

Isak

Gordon

Or would Willock get in there? I can’t recall many games where Willock has had a stinker since signing, may be forgetting some as he’s been out so long.

I also agree with others that I prefer Big Joe on the left as he offers a lot there. But is he a better option than those listed above?

I think it’s match dependant and Willock is absolutely in our best 11 for certain games.

His energy and movement are going to be so welcome, assuming he can stay fit. If we keep Livra as first choice LB and have Willock's pace in CM, i think we'll go a long way to negating some of the glaring problems we've been experiencing over the past few months. 

On 25/02/2024 at 11:00, joeyt said:

I keep being scared of another reoccurence.:anguish: Just make sure he's ready before we start him, please. When he's fit and ready, he gives us something that the other players we have can't. Still have hopes of him achieving the potensial that he had.

Edited by Erikse

12 hours ago, Big Jow said:

Tonali

Bruno

Big Joe

Barnes

Isak

Gordon

Think it's that one or Big Joe at LW, Willock LCM and Barnes on the bench. Really hope Gordon can be even remotely as dangerous on the right, would give a lot of flexibility next season although him cutting in from left is a big part of his game now tbf.

1 hour ago, Pata said:

Think it's that one or Big Joe at LW, Willock LCM and Barnes on the bench. Really hope Gordon can be even remotely as dangerous on the right, would give a lot of flexibility next season although him cutting in from left is a big part of his game now tbf.

Linton is not a left winger like, it's either LCM for him in a 433 or one of the central pair in a 4231 and that's it. It's a shame our LW options in Gordon and Barnes cannot really play on the right as they are light years ahead of Almiron and Murphy.

3 minutes ago, Beth said:

Linton is not a left winger like, it's either LCM for him in a 433 or one of the central pair in a 4231 and that's it. It's a shame our LW options in Gordon and Barnes cannot really play on the right as they are light years ahead of Almiron and Murphy.

I disagree with that, Joelinton/Willock combo on the left was amazing last season when they kept changing roles. Shame we haven't seen that at all (if I remember correctly) this season.

14 hours ago, Big Jow said:

Tonali

Bruno

Big Joe

Barnes

Isak

Gordon

I dont think it'll be a midfield 3 and forward 3 if we keep Bruno. It'll be much more fluid.