Joe Willock

2 minutes ago, Holloway said:

His only involvement and he missed a sitter due to lack of composure, again. Hardly an endorsement

He kept getting in there and scored the goal which made the difference in the end. Showed some character to not hide from it if nowt else.

1 minute ago, Kanji said:

You’re an odd ball if you just pick at missed chances. He was all over the fucking pitch. Tackles, interceptions, moving play, Carries, switches. Etc 

I mean that sort of stuff seems to get glossed over a lot with this lad, seems to be only about the goals he doesn't score for some reason.

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

I mean that sort of stuff seems to get glossed over a lot with this lad, seems to be only about the goals he doesn't score for some reason.

Watch that first half again and show me his involvement

While I'm delighted for him, and he did put in a good all round performance, the amount of big chances he misses is bad. If he can't get that right he will lose his place next season.

4 minutes ago, AJ9 said:

While I'm delighted for him, and he did put in a good all round performance, the amount of big chances he misses is bad. If he can't get that right he will lose his place next season.

There's no argument there, he's not the finished article, and he might never be tbf, so at some point we will need someone who is. But he's come on leaps and bounds as a player under Howe if you look beyond the goals, don't think it's any coincidence our winning streak has coincided with hs return either. He brings a lot of dynamism and flair to the midfield even if his finishing isn't gold standard.

18 minutes ago, AJ9 said:

He won’t 

20 minutes ago, AJ9 said:

If we are going for UCL next season, him and Longstaff will definitely lose their places next season. They are just not UCL materials IMO. I think he will even lose his starting position once Joe is back. Other than the easy goals he missed today, he did a lot of questionable decisions with the ball today. I said it before, he is good as a decent sub for the last 30 mins or so. I would personally be disappointed if we make it to UCL next season and he still starts for us. 

Different story if he didn’t finally score and manage to win. But I feel like he was arguably our MOTM, in the end. 

As good as Bruno is. That is just a standard performance for him. Such are the levels he has set. Willock, Trippier, ASM and Botman all had better games, I thought. 

Thought he was superb again today, those finishes aside. Some amazing touches and seemed to intercept a lot more than he normally does, in addition to everything he usually does to drive us forward.

His level over the last three games has been something else, he’s such a unique player.

32 minutes ago, Holloway said:

Watch that first half again and show me his involvement

You couldn't be anymore wrong.  We have just beaten Man Utd and Willock's  contribution is enormous.  This lad will play for England.

25 minutes ago, Holloway said:

Maybe I have a blind spot about him, happy to be corrected. But I didnt think he had much influence on the game :dontknow:

That's just weird.  You play football at all?

I actually thought he had to grow into the game.

I think he's class like. Some days ard going to suit certain players more. Pleased he got his goal. He was still very good in the second half.