Joe Willock: Out for the remainder of the season with Achilles injury (Hope)

As Brendan Rodgers once said "what a wonderful human being."

Seems level headed, has a bit of an x factor about his game and he is a lot faster than I thought.  Our CM's have been really slow or quite similar for years.  Great to see someone that is getting goals, has a bit of skill and can carry the ball a long way up the pitch.  

He's far too good for us, I'd say.  Best we can hope for is another loan or somehow getting a takeover sorted and buying him.  No idea what he is worth?  Young and English must mean he's valued at £20m-£30m? 

4 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

I just can’t see Arsenal loaning him out now, let alone selling him. Hope we can get something done because he’s badly needed for next season 

I can see them loaning him again. Not sure if it will be to us though.

And we won’t get him if he’s for sale. 

Guest HTT II
25 minutes ago, Joe_F said:

Worth every penny, although I’d do have this irrational fear after a successful loan spell he’ll turn out like Kennedy did after he rejoined...

I love his desire just to drive forward and his positive attacking attitude, under someone like Rafa for example he’d be great IMO.

Young English attacking midfielder who's scoring for fun and them with no real reason to sell. Fail to see why they'd be after anything other an extremely competitive fee. You'd have to assume he'd be out of Bosman Brucey's price range, but stranger things have happened. Our transfer policy has shifted quite radically since Bruce came in; we routinely spend money now, despite what Jenas et al will tell you about the lack of support, etc. 

Guest HTT II

You’d hope Ashley would see him as a purple he can make huge profit on selling on after a year or two here... that’s my hope anyway as tragic as that even is to think about when players like him should be signed to build a team around to aim for success!

9 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Worth every penny, although I’d do have this irrational fear after a successful loan spell he’ll turn out like Kennedy did after he rejoined...

I love his desire just to drive forward and his positive attacking attitude, under someone like Rafa for example he’d be great IMO.

Didn’t Kennedy have a tough time sleeping because of his newborn baby and other problems outside of football?

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, Stifler said:

Didn’t Kennedy have a tough time sleeping because of his newborn baby and other problems outside of football?

That and I think only re-loaning him again convinced him we didn’t want him really and therefore why the fuck should he put the shift in. Ultimately, however, and I say this as someone who rated him and wanted us to sign him permanently, he just wasn’t all that after all. Where is he now btw?

2 minutes ago, HTT II said:

That and I think only re-loaning him again convinced him we didn’t want him really and therefore why the fuck should he put the shift in. Ultimately, however, and I say this as someone who rated him and wanted us to sign him permanently, he just wasn’t all that after all. Where is he now btw?

Aye, he went off the boil like.

£25-30m is what you would expect, especially given he's still young. I can see why he won't fit into Arsenal's side, he does have some weaknesses to his game, his attacking side is definitely more effective than his defensive. But he really suits our style if we are going to keep playing deep, his pace will get far better exploited here than it would at Arsenal, so for me it's a no brainer to pay that. 

If we had an ambitious club I’m certain that a deal could be done as he hasn’t really had a massive amount of game time with Arsenal before coming here. It annoys me so much when I see the likes of Leicester being so well run and trying to move forward (successfully) as a club.

We have some talent amongst the ranks and a decent summer of investment (with a new manager), could see a totally different outlook. Won’t happen as we know and that’s why it’s takeover or but as under Ashley we will continue to be a walking relegation in the making. No hope, nothing but watching mainly total shit and struggle upon struggle. That’s why come the start of the new season, with Ashley and Bruce stil in place (most likely), I will be walking away from any interest until the day we finally see a way forward with new owners.

Ashley has been banging the drum about the fans deserving a team at the top end, yet as we all know has spent the last 14 years ensuring that this club has no chance of ever being more than even mildly average. He should look at the likes of Leicester and hold his head in shame at the multiple wasted opportunities that were there over his ownership. Stupid thing is he could have actually sold the club for even two or three times his current asking price with even business levels of investment. 

If he isn’t here next year, be great to see the next time he plays up here that he gets a standing ovation. Has a great attitude, seems to have genuinely enjoyed his loan spell and most importantly has had a massive impact on the pitch (despite the clown benching him for those games). I’m sure he will get the thanks from the fans his efforts have deserved. With everything I’ve stated above and the fact he is still so young and has a lot of potential to improve. Probably only the second player I have wanted to keep from the many we have had on loan, since Alan Brown in that magic month spell he had on loan from the mackems.

His attitude is top notch.. fortunately Arsenal seem to have a preferred line up which doesn’t include him.. and in fairness, they destroyed us in the middle of the pitch when we played them, it’s not a weak spot for them.

20-30 million would go a long way to solving their deficiencies this summer too where I don’t expect many clubs to be spending big.

Sign him, someone to replace Shelvey, a left back and a goal scorer up front and we could have a half decent side next season, that’s if we keep everyone else.

10 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

His attitude is top notch.. fortunately Arsenal seem to have a preferred line up which doesn’t include him.. and in fairness, they destroyed us in the middle of the pitch when we played them, it’s not a weak spot for them.

20-30 million would go a long way to solving their deficiencies this summer too where I don’t expect many clubs to be spending big.

Sign him, someone to replace Shelvey, a left back and a goal scorer up front and we could have a half decent side next season, that’s if we keep everyone else.

Agree still think we need another midfielder on top and I have to say our central defence has been far from solid this year. Right back also, but if Ashley is still the owner nothing will happen as we know.

On 15/05/2021 at 11:11, HTT II said:

He's on loan at Granada. Don't know how he's doing but seems to be a regular starter. (Played 40, scored 7 in all comps this season)