Joe Willock: Out for the remainder of the season with Achilles injury (Hope)

It's a no brainer bringing him here, so I don't think it'll happen. I'm also worried ASM will want to go this summer. Without those 2 I can't see us surviving next season if something doesn't happen with this perpetual takeover saga.

Guest HTT II

Wilson, Willock, Almiron, ASM and Dubravka and possibly Frasier if fit are all quality and if we could just add likewise quality around them, we will have a very very good team only needing a decent manager, wonder what Rafa is upto these days... fuck my life, our club man, urghhhh! 

All the more frustrating when you consider the fact Rafa, is pretty much as desperate to manage NUFC( a proper version of it) as we are to have him. His recent interview all but confirmed that. 

Guest HTT II
5 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

All the more frustrating when you consider the fact Rafa, is pretty much as desperate to manage NUFC( a proper version of it) as we are to have him. His recent interview all but confirmed that. 

Aye, we will be the ‘one’ that got away for him sadly and indeed for us as a club and fans too.

Edited by HTT II

53 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

So you don't think he's developed or been successful since he came here? He's developed more here in 6 months than so called big club "super league" Arsenal. And his success might not be winning anything with us, but he's just joined some big names among our records in the goals per game stats.

I know why you would say this, but its not always better to be a so called success at so called big clubs, ask Loic Remy/Demba Ba/Yohan Cabaye, they were all better players with us than with or where the so called success is.👍🏻

He has probably developed a bit just through playing more. That will happen, but it’ll never bring him on as much as playing plus good coaching.

He could go to any number of better clubs and still start games. 

2 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

He has probably developed a bit just through playing more. That will happen, but it’ll never bring him on as much as playing plus good coaching.

He could go to any number of better clubs and still start games. 

I can't see anyone with more domestic success than his parent club signing him. So that rules out the so called big six. You say "Number of better clubs" other than the fact we know we have a shit owner and manager, we are probably as good as or on a par with most sides, let's face it West Ham have over achieved, are they better? Leicester I can't see him there, Southampton/Leeds/Villa? Are these better, will he have the impact? I hear you, but what you say could easily go the opposite way, some top managers send good players backwards also. He's done well here because he's smart,  he's seen what's around him, he's seen we have no midfielder that attacks the box and he's capitalised, before his loan he had 1 goal in 40 for Arsenal,  he now has 7 in 13.

In hindsight I think this Newcastle side fully fit, best eleven out there including him, and hopefully one or two more could do a fair bit better next season, (regrettably with Bruce in charge.) Weather they're all played in the best formation and best possible position is obviously down to Bruce.

Well at this point Arteta isn’t going to be exactly saying take him off our hands please. Bump his price up and wait and see. Given that the loan didn’t have a option to buy it suggests Arsenal were hedging their bets anyway.

If Willock wants to come here, that's pretty much the end of the conversation.

Ultimately Willock will never be a first team player for Arsenal next season under Arteta. 

Doesn't mean to say I think we will get him, just that what Arteta says will have very little baring.

3 minutes ago, STM said:

If Willock wants to come here, that's pretty much the end of the conversation.

Ultimately Willock will never be a first team player for Arsenal next season under Arteta. 

Doesn't mean to say I think we will get him, just that what Arteta says will have very little baring.

According to Edwards, Willock is ready to stay and NUFC want to do a deal, whether that amounts to anything but a summer of posturing and a lowball offer remains to be seen. If we do actually pull this one out the bag I think it could persuade ASM to stay at least another season.

Guest neesy111
12 minutes ago, Ketsbaia said:

Arteta has to say that, really. But then they'll go for Odegaard, Buendia etc and suddenly need money and squad spaces.

They are not getting Odegaard now Zidane is leaving Real.

That’s the danger with loan deals, say we do get him then it’s probably going to be 25m plus. Which means we would have spent all our budget without improving the team from 3 months ago. 

Edited by CalmintheChaos

59 minutes ago, CalmintheChaos said:

That’s the danger with loan deals, say we do get him then it’s probably going to be 25m plus. Which means we have spent all our budget without improving the team from 3 months ago. 

He's not coming to play for a fat clown who's ambition is to finish 10th and started Sean Longstaff ahead of him.

Arteta had to say that. IMO the deal is there for us, whether MA pays it is another thing. But It’s painfully obvious Willock basically saved the PL status for this club.