Joe Willock: Out for the remainder of the season with Achilles injury (Hope)

He was the perfect player to bring on the second half (should have been playing the full game mind). Longstaff and Shelvey were sitting on top of our defence the whole game and in the second half up to when Willock came on, 10 man West Ham basically ‘choked’ our play.

The appalling management of Bruce was there to see in full glory. It was absolutely obvious what needed to be done. He then had the cheek to blame the players for being too defensive. No you fat cunt it’s called game management. When it’s not working you change it, not wait until you have let a 10 man team draw level.

Like other loan players before him his loan fee will probably be appearance based. Bruce will have been told the budget and have to stick to it.

should club management now consider us safe, he won’t play again

I love his positive, happy go lucky attitude. Unlike a lot of our players, he goes out there without any fear. 

Perhaps there are question marks about his work rate or defending (hard to spot unless you're actually there), but his mindset has to be good for the team. We've looked better since his arrival. Not by much, but better.

So strange that before he arrived here I was like who the fuck is this guy? Partridge shrug. Now he's one of our best players 😂

Either I'm really out of touch with football or our CM is really that bad. 

On 18/04/2021 at 03:00, et tu brute said:

He was the perfect player to bring on the second half (should have been playing the full game mind). Longstaff and Shelvey were sitting on top of our defence the whole game and in the second half up to when Willock came on, 10 man West Ham basically ‘choked’ our play.

The appalling management of Bruce was there to see in full glory. It was absolutely obvious what needed to be done. He then had the cheek to blame the players for being too defensive. No you fat cunt it’s called game management. When it’s not working you change it, not wait until you have let a 10 man team draw level.

I've seen some bad game management in my time watching Newcastle, but that second half was the most gob-smackingly worst I can remember. To have no answer to a desperate 10 man team just chucking players forward was wondrous to behold. 

Guest HTT II

Yes please, start him and Wilson today and we win IMO. Great attitude, technical, carries the ball well, gets into goalscoring positions and seems a big game type player. Sign the lad up, well impressed!

26 minutes ago, thomas said:

Hope we had agreed a price already when he came on loan. We'll probably try to haggle it down anyway and end up missing out. :lol:

Of course we didn’t, the whole reason he’s here is so we don’t have to buy anyone. 

44 minutes ago, samptime29 said:

Really good at finding space in the box. His runs are spot on.

It's no accident that he gets on the end of so many chances. He uses his brain. 

If you watch the goal again, you can see him make a kind of instinctive calculation about where the ball is going to end up after the aerial challenge. His thinking is a split second ahead of the opposition.