Joe Willock

2 minutes ago, Robster said:

Can I ask, as someone who doesn't watch NUFC any more, what is his general play like?

It's easy to be blinded by this ridiculous purple patch he's going through, but I wondered what kind of player we'd have when normality returns and he's not scoring every game.

Very direct and attacking, runs at defences and looks for forward passes. Doesn't really tackle much from what I've seen, so I'm guessing this is what has kept him out of the Arsenal team. 

I’m actually thinking it makes sense to send him on loan for another year. He’s been fantastic for us and that would make it seem like he would get into the Arsenal side, but he really needs a season playing every match and not in and out of the team at Arsenal 

It’s been a dream loan move for both the club and certainly the player. His stock has risen ten fold. Deserves a lot of credit with his excellent attitude and I think he’s genuinely loved his time here. This besides the fact that Bruce unbelievably left him on the bench for a few games.

Edited by et tu brute

It's really amazing how well he's played with us, i remember seeing him in his league debut which was against us at SJP and thinking this lad won't make it very far. but he's been one of the best PL loan signings i've ever seen.

Lets see if he can build on his loan spell or was this just another Papiss Cisse scenario

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

He’s going to have some pressure on him if he comes back. If he got 6-10 goals in the full season it’d be a good return but people will be expecting 20.

This would be my concern. The expectation would be immense from the thicker element of our fanbase.

6 minutes ago, Robster said:

This would be my concern. The expectation would be immense from the thicker element of our fanbase.

Just as well we won't have to see that then, as I can't see Arsenal selling him. 

More chance of him playing for Arsenal regularly next season. They’ll not spend any money and Arteta has already shown he’s willing to bed in younger players.

We probably could sign him though, but we’ll never place a bid close enough.