Joe Willock: Out for the remainder of the season with Achilles injury (Hope)

As long as he's replacing Jonjo or Hendrick fair enough. Although Bruce was keen to pick out Shelvey as one of our stand out players on Saturday, so I'd be worried he would end up replacing Miggy instead. Like others have said, I really think we needed another Hayden type for centre mid, but hopefully Willock will have some presence.

We obviously need a midfielder but I hate these types of loans with very little chance of us getting them permanently if they do well

No different to any of our signings, whether they are permanent or loans :lol:

Do shit? Stay for 10 years before moving to Grimsby.

Do well? Sign for a proper club after 12 months.

"Young up and coming player that needs game time. He's decent but by no means the finished article. Best described as a box to box centre mid but edges more on the attacking side of things, works hard and a ball carrier."

Says my Arsenal supporting bro in law..

We obviously need a midfielder but I hate these types of loans with very little chance of us getting them permanently if they do well

I'd say if he does well there's every chance we'll sign him. Arsenal are looking to offload the likes of Maitland-Niles, Nelson & Willock to go some way in funding their much needed squad rebuild. All surplus to requirements.

How can you say we don't need this? 75% of our midfield are immobile.

Yeah I don't fucking get it either.

People will complain whatever happens

With good reason tbh.

I’m sure signings like this would be welcomed if it was felt genuine logic and rationale was behind it.

I'd say if he does well there's every chance we'll sign him. Arsenal are looking to offload the likes of Maitland-Niles, Nelson & Willock to go some way in funding their much needed squad rebuild. All surplus to requirements.

He's 21, Arsenal won't be selling him if he does well

He's 21, Arsenal won't be selling him if he does well

Not sure like. Maitland-Niles has done well for them yet they're still looking to shift him despite being pretty young.

Lee on the pulse? After SSN already confirmed he agreed to the loan.

5 minutes before Lee's post:

Sky Sports' Keith Downie:

"We have had a development in the last 10 minutes or so. An agreement is now in place for Joe Willock to come on loan from Arsenal at Newcastle for the remainder of the season. Arsenal this morning sanctioned the deal after Newcastle made the initial approach and then it was up to the player himself and whether he wanted to make the move."