Jump to content

Steve “Nee Pints” Bruce


Recommended Posts

We all know what Bruce is, known of us need Shearer to tell us what we already know. 
 

I do appreciate some of Sky’s pundits ability to analyses and critique clubs they obviously have an affinity too.

That being said, Neville is forever holding back when it comes to Bruce, but at least he’s a bit more professional enough to not be so openly chummy with that fat streak of grease.
 

Keane, Souness, Neville, even Carragher wouldn’t be such fannies about calling out perennial wasters like Shelvey, Hendrick, Joe and generally some of the baffling decisions Bruce is constantly making selection wise and tactically that has cost us points.

We’re not a top 6 club, not even a Arsenal or Spurs so can’t expect anybody to pay too much attention, let alone have informed critical opinions of our season.

Haven’t watched MOTD for years now, but BBC has always been pretty vanilla when it comes to any critical analysis of any club. It’s just highlights, moan about a refereeing decision, show goals again whilst comment on what we can already see, and shit golf club banter like that.

 

 

Edited by Abra Dubravka

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ben said:

TBF if one of my best mates took over Newcastle I wouldn't fall out with him because of how random strangers on a football forum would think 

If Shearer thinks his mate hasn’t been fucking woeful for the majority of this season then he’s as dense as his critique suggests.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ben said:

TBF if one of my best mates took over Newcastle I wouldn't fall out with him because of how random strangers on a football forum would think 

What about his total disrespect towards the fans? Or his continual misrepresentation of the facts?

What about his appalling tactics and habit of passing the blame on to the supporters or the former manager?

What about his habit of constantly reminding journalists and supporters what a small club we are, and how honoured we should be to scramble around for a place in the bottom half (of the bottom half) of the table.

I'd be furious with my best mate, to be honest.   

 

 

Edited by Rocker

Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

"We're going to have to look at these crazy rules.

"For me, VAR is becoming laughable.

"It's not VAR's fault, it is the letter of the law that we seem to be adhering to, too much."

 

 
img%5D

Line of Brucey

 

 

 

 

Edited by Pilko

Link to post
Share on other sites

Shearer has no right being classed as a nufc fan anymore imo, once hopefully a new better manager comes in he'll start questioning why 'he' has made thoses desions but with best mate Brucie it's 'we' or 'they' never that cunt

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, astraguy said:
52 minutes ago, astraguy said:

Shearer has no right being classed as a nufc fan anymore imo, once hopefully a new better manager comes in he'll start questioning why 'he' has made thoses desions but with best mate Brucie it's 'we' or 'they' never that cunt

His accent isn't that much better than Bruce's either.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Think he has done allright the last few games. A bit of luck goes a long way. Subs vs Merseysides were spot on i think. Hopefully we can keep this semi-form going until the end of the season, and look to a brighter future for NUFC :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, matta said:

Think he has done allright the last few games. A bit of luck goes a long way. Subs vs Merseysides were spot on i think. Hopefully we can keep this semi-form going until the end of the season, and look to a brighter future for NUFC :)

2 games ago he was 2 up against 10 men and decided to let them have the ball 45 minutes

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I'd credit him for his substitutes, but Willock and potentially Wilson should be starting.

Willock should. I personally think they're handling Wilson correctly at the moment.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Candi_Hills said:

2 games ago he was 2 up against 10 men and decided to let them have the ball 45 minutes

Yeah, that was quite predictable. But it ended up with 3 points. Get this to the finishline, part ways, and never mention his name again.

 

edit: Or perhaps Willock deserves the praise? Feels way better :) 

 

 

Edited by matta

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, matta said:

Yeah, that was quite predictable. But it ended up with 3 points. Get this to the finishline, part ways, and never mention his name again.

His tactics nearly gave me aneurysm that day. Don't let him get away with taking credit for these results.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Candi_Hills said:

His tactics nearly gave me aneurysm that day. Don't let him get away with taking credit for these results.

I totally agree, im just happy that we finally got some points again :) 

And that we managed to hold these fucking amazing superleague sides. God i hate them.

Link to post
Share on other sites

He's lucked out in that a good manager may well tell players like ASM and Willock "just go out there and play", which luckily is the sum total of Bruce's tactical instruction to all players anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not concerned at all about Steve Bruce at this point, if journalists or fans want to start singing his praises again because we had a decent run of games, that's fine by me. My hopes re the club are totally aligned with a takeover, which hopefully will go through this summer. The new owners will thank Bruce for his services and then send him on his way. If Luke Egghead and co want to lament the unjust treatment of Bruce, then fine by me. Not that long to go in the greater scheme of things. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • BlueStar changed the title to Inexplicably April Manager of the Month Steve Bruce
  • Disco changed the title to Steve “Nee Pints” Bruce

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...