Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

Gets a mention in Popbitch this week (as does Andros Townsend, weirdly enough.)

>> Talk of the Toon <<

Clearing up another mess

Newcastle United manager Steve Bruce hasn't got much to be happy about at the moment and his mood turned from bad to worse last week after a huge bust-up at the training ground with one of his players was leaked to the Daily Mail.

Things could have exploded last Friday had he arrived at the NUFC training centre early and found that around 100 cabbages had been strewn all over the place, stuck on spikes of the perimeter fence and generally rolling around.

Steve has a bit of history with cabbages, after one was infamously chucked at him by an angry fan during his time at Aston Villa – which means this was clearly a targeted attack.

Hopefully he can take solace in the fact that there are still some people at the club who are looking out for him. Even if it is only the cleaners, who managed to clear the ground before he found out.

Did this happen? Didn’t spot anything about this like

Gets a mention in Popbitch this week (as does Andros Townsend, weirdly enough.)

>> Talk of the Toon <<

Clearing up another mess

Newcastle United manager Steve Bruce hasn't got much to be happy about at the moment and his mood turned from bad to worse last week after a huge bust-up at the training ground with one of his players was leaked to the Daily Mail.

Things could have exploded last Friday had he arrived at the NUFC training centre early and found that around 100 cabbages had been strewn all over the place, stuck on spikes of the perimeter fence and generally rolling around.

Steve has a bit of history with cabbages, after one was infamously chucked at him by an angry fan during his time at Aston Villa – which means this was clearly a targeted attack.

Hopefully he can take solace in the fact that there are still some people at the club who are looking out for him. Even if it is only the cleaners, who managed to clear the ground before he found out.

Did this happen? Didn’t spot anything about this like

Nope, read it again.

Reads to me like they were removed before he got there.

Dubious either way like.

Thinking about it, there was a photo of one on Twitter wasn’t there, so maybe it did.

As if he turns up early for anything other than kebab shops opening.

Reads to me like they were removed before he got there.

Dubious either way like.

Thinking about it, there was a photo of one on Twitter wasn’t there, so maybe it did.

As if he turns up early for anything other than kebab shops opening.

Think there was one cabbage planted on a spike in front of the grubby sign, but above reads like whole place was festooned with cabbages but they were all quickly cleared up before Bruce turned up in a desperate effort to save his embarrassment.

Don’t think training ground has been littered with cabbages like, would have been all over Twitter even if it was cleared before Bruce turned up.

Surely we could set up a coordinated online grocery order from every supermarket in a 5 mile radius each to deliver 50 cabbages on a given day?

This is 100% what I was thinking. With fans not in the ground, sending this fat cunt rotten veg is the only means of sending a clear message. I’m in. Absolutely. Sima? Could we set something up?

Surely we could set up a coordinated online grocery order from every supermarket in a 5 mile radius each to deliver 50 cabbages on a given day?

This is 100% what I was thinking. With fans not in the ground, sending this fat c*** rotten veg is the only means of sending a clear message. I’m in. Absolutely. Sima? Could we set something up?

Instead of the Pardew.out van - a old pick-up truck full of cabbages driving around with Bruce out on the side and Bruce out on every cabbage.

Would almost make up for all this to see thousands of cabbages thrown onto the pitch at SJP or the training ground and to have this guy become synonymous with cabbages, and vice-versa of course, on at least a national scale.

I'd like to see some Bruce O'Lantern cabbages in the stores soon.

Either way definitely worth investing in cabbage shares.

Even Luke has admitted this morning that he preferred life under Rafa

Was there some thinly veiled dig at the fans in there somewhere?

I don't think so, I a bit of a back and forth with him on twitter this morning and he said the positive context in is latest Bruce story was just him stating facts.

I’m focused on Aston Villa and can we win and then we have a huge game against Brighton. We’re capable of winning the pair of them, of course we are. We understand how difficult that is because of the problems we’ve got.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/steve-bruce-my-newcastle-united-players-are-not-afraid-we-can-handle-relegation-battle-dszsl2sjt

Wow, really inspires confidence does wor Bruce.  :suicide:

I’m focused on Aston Villa and can we win and then we have a huge game against Brighton. We’re capable of winning the pair of them, of course we are. We understand how difficult that is because of the problems we’ve got.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/steve-bruce-my-newcastle-united-players-are-not-afraid-we-can-handle-relegation-battle-dszsl2sjt

Wow, really inspires confidence does wor Bruce.  :suicide:

Those problems being we have an overinflated binbag masquerading as our <whiny voice> "head coach"?