Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

Bruce will still struggle to convince many fans he is the right man for the job, long term, even with a win at the Amex Stadium, but he will silence all but the most rabid critics - for a while at least.

More importantly, what he will do is offer encouragement to the more fair minded that, whatever has happened in his second season as manager, Bruce can at least clear up the mess they are in. That is all that matters now.

We could win ten nowt and I'd still think he's a useless fat cunt.

You rabid beast  :lol:

Bruce will struggle to convince many fans that he is the right man for the job long term. Bloody hell, what are these people on. I would have thought that he would struggle to convince ANY fans. The sooner he gets his repulsive self back out through the door which he keeps refering to the better

I watched a few Coaches Voice videos earlier but I regret that now knowing competence is everything we lack. They're all so prepared and insightful, speaking with justification and confidence but here we are (not for the first time, it isn't surprising) thinking what if?  :(

I think his "I'm not really into tactics" line pisses me off the most. The fuck did you get into management for then? Its like if I went over to Korea to play Starcraft, then after half a year or so just declared "Real time strategy games are a bit shit, aren't they?"

Another week, another load of bollocks from Bruce followed by a shocking performance and either a loss or a crappy draw. Same shit different week and I'm struggling to give a shit about it all these days.

He's begging them to give him the bullet because he knows he can't do the job. He wants to have his cake and eat it. He doesn't want relegation on his CV again, but he wants that sweet sweets money too.

Just read the 'not good enough' quote.  100% this.

Certainly changed his tune since he was scoffing at the "Mighty Rafa" less than two months ago.

BTW, does every club get talked about in terms of what their fans think? I guess so but I’ve never really thought about it.

Why not just analyse the actual facts and whether the manager is doing well or not?

Because that would mean actually watching games. Punditry is probably painful to listen to for fans of all filler clubs.

Some stupid comments by Rob Lee in here mind!

It's amazing to me that so many people apparently can't comprehened that you can have more than one problem at the same time. We all know Ashley is the biggest problem, but that doesn't somehow mean the manager can't still be doing a shit job does it :lol:

It was the exact same garbage they said about Pardew. Being Newcastle manager must be one of the easiest jobs in the world because no matter how shit you are, these guys will always just say "but Ashley". There's literally no accountability.

That "Pep Guardiola would struggle to succeed" is such a disingenuous headline, because they're two managers with very different definitions of "succeed". If by succeed you mean win titles, sure he'd struggle to succeed. He'd likely come up short. But Bruce isn't failing to win titles, he's failing to keep us in the league.

We've seen how a good manager would NOT fail to keep us comfortably in the league, as Benitez had us looking comfortable and indeed looking upwards. Then this fat mess comes in, rides the initial wave of Rafa's hard work for a year and then undoes it all to the extent that we're back at the bottom of the table again.

I think his "I'm not really into tactics" line pisses me off the most. The f*** did you get into management for then? Its like if I went over to Korea to play Starcraft, then after half a year or so just declared "Real time strategy games are a bit s***, aren't they?"

Loads of great managers weren’t really into tactics. Ferguson, Robson, Clough, Keegan, Klopp (maybe). They just played people in their strongest position and made everyone feel 10 feet tall.

I understand Bruce’s stance on tactics but you need cult leader charisma to be able to neglect them completely. Steve, unfortunately, has the appeal of a hernia.

Guest reefatoon

It’s never ends well when a manager always puts in the excuses prior to a game. We have had so many of them too. Negative defeatist bastards.

I think his "I'm not really into tactics" line pisses me off the most. The f*** did you get into management for then? Its like if I went over to Korea to play Starcraft, then after half a year or so just declared "Real time strategy games are a bit s***, aren't they?"

Loads of great managers weren’t really into tactics. Ferguson, Robson, Clough, Keegan, Klopp (maybe). They just played people in their strongest position and made everyone feel 10 feet tall.

I understand Bruce’s stance on tactics but you need cult leader charisma to be able to neglect them completely. Steve, unfortunately, has the appeal of a hernia.

wut

Not a single one of them ignored tactics completely :lol: It might not have been mourinho/rafa levels of prep and organization but there's a whole gradient between that and not at all :lol:

edit: I fully believe Bruce, however, does completely ignore them.