Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

"Nevertheless, the mood inside the training ground, which has taken on a siege mentality this week with staff trying to block out the outside noise and players told to stay off social media, was said to be upbeat and determined." 

If you pretend nothing's wrong, is anything really wrong at all? 

1 minute ago, St1pe said:

I’m unnecessarily triggered by the line about him believing there’s no one available that could do a better job 😡

It’s literally what he said at Villa before he was sacked as well [emoji38]

2 wins in 20, what an intimidating record for someone else to try and exceed.

1 minute ago, nbthree3 said:

"Nevertheless, the mood inside the training ground, which has taken on a siege mentality this week with staff trying to block out the outside noise and players told to stay off social media, was said to be upbeat and determined." 

I think we can feel somewhat optimistic by the fact that, on the whole, we've got a core of players in the squad who aren't total mercenaries. In dire seasons gone by, the squad was populated with people who really couldn't give two shits about staying up or going down. If Bruce really is reviled among the players I wouldn't be surprised if the likes of Lascelles has taken on a de facto leader role, supported by some of the other senior players. They won't be at the point of picking the team, you wouldn't have thought, but they might start playing in spite of Bruce. It's not inconceivable to think that Bruce has literally no control; in fact that's never been convincing for one moment since he arrived.

It is such a non story.

Luke has written Bruce has no intention of quitting and the club has no interest or desire to sack him. If both of those points are true (they appear to be given he's still in the job) then why the hell would they all spend the day having "frantic meetings"?

“Bruce has thought long and hard about his position since the Brighton defeat but is adamant he will not walk away from the fight and does not feel there is anyone who can replace him who would do a better job in the current circumstances”.

The best part about this is that he will truly believe the circumstances are not of his own making, and are down to outside forces such as injuries, covid and the mole.

Edited by Whitley mag

It's more or less Carver's "I think I'm the best coach in the Premier League" approach (for this game, for trying to keep the club afloat - you've got to convince yourself you and only you are the best for a certain task otherwise you'll never be able to accomplish it) I think. Not that it defends what most of us can clearly see as lies 

“Key figures”........exactly who are these key figures

“performances had improved”......GTF......has the lickspittle actually watched us recently

”no one better”.....at least this is correct “no one” would be better than the Vogon 

Edited by Mag_in_NZ

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

I think we can feel somewhat optimistic by the fact that, on the whole, we've got a core of players in the squad who aren't total mercenaries. In dire seasons gone by, the squad was populated with people who really couldn't give two shits about staying up or going down. If Bruce really is reviled among the players I wouldn't be surprised if the likes of Lascelles has taken on a de facto leader role, supported by some of the other senior players. They won't be at the point of picking the team, you wouldn't have thought, but they might start playing in spite of Bruce. It's not inconceivable to think that Bruce has literally no control; in fact that's never been convincing for one moment since he arrived.

I just think they’ve been through it too many times now, and Bruce has crushed their spirits. How many times can you fight relegation just to survive and fight relegation again? This time without any decent coaching. 

1 hour ago, nbthree3 said:

How can there be a siege mentality if there’s nee cunt there?

16 hours ago, TwoForJoy said:

There must be some prolific letter writers in the 5% wanting Bruce to stay.

There are also people who want to see Bruce get relegated. If he is sacked before, then the PFM brigade will say that he would have kept us up.

11 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

“Bruce has thought long and hard about his 3 million pay off since the Brighton defeat but is adamant he will not walk away from the fight and does not feel there is anyone who can replace him who would do a better job in the current circumstances”.

The best part about this is that he will truly believe the circumstances are not of his own making, and are down to outside forces such as injuries, covid and the mole.

49 minutes ago, Northerngimp said:

Bruce has thought long and hard about his 3 million pay off since the Brighton defeat but is adamant he will not walk away from his 3 million pay off.

As Ando suggested, this is dying in the last ditch stuff from the fat cunt. Saving face via his pals in the media and trying to lick the hoop of Charnley in the hope that he'll keep him on.