Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

1 hour ago, Happinesstan said:

12 years you've clung to that? Must have been a rocky road. I bet you were shivering with an-tici              pation when you typed that.

On your way to the lab, to see what's on the slab. 🤣

4 hours ago, Rocker said:

Despite the united front being shown by Ashley and Bruce, it's apparently far from.

Not sure why it hasn't translated into a resignation or a sacking, but there's definitely something amiss.

I don't know if @Ando7can back this up or not, but our captain is absolutely head of the table. Any concerns from the players are fed directly to him and not Bruce.  Lascelles wants Bruce gone and has went upstairs with this request.

I hope so I notice the attention twitter came out in denial this morning 

If he wasn't sacked after losing miserably to our relegation rivals 3-0 I don't see why he would be now. Can only imagine the rumours that he doesn't get a pay off if we are in the relegation zone are true, otherwise he's going nowhere. 

"He has had a long career as a coach but this is the first time he has had the opportunity to be the boss and I think he has proved what a good one he is. Before, he was always a number two or number three but now he is in charge 100 per cent and I don’t have to say how good he is because the league table tells you that. For me, my personal opinion is that this is my third season at Newcastle and he is the best manager I have had here.

“I cannot believe how hard he works. He seems to spend 24 hours every day at the club. He is so dedicated to the job and gives his all. He is thinking about the games all the time, watches the videos and is so thorough in his preparations. The players respect him so much. The other managers were famous names, but it is not always about that. He is the man to take charge of us in the Premier League.”

Benitez spoke for himself with regards to having the credentials to guide us out of the Championship. Hughton, on the other hand, had different skills. Quotes above are from Enrique about him, this time eleven years ago when we beat Forest 2-0. 

Steve Bruce doesn't hold a candle to either and if he remains manager if we get relegated, there isn't a cat-in-hell's chance he'll have the same impact as those other two. 

He is the total opposite of Rafa in every way.. tactics, detail, work ethic, ambition, trophies, interviews, respecting the club and City, "getting the club", just everything you can think of.

Edited by ToonArmy1892

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/snap-steve-bruce-poll-sends-20277895

Newcastle United fans have sent a strong message to the club's hierarchy in our snap referendum on the club's perilous Premier League position.

An incredible 14,000 Newcastle fans filled in our Steve Bruce survey and the results make it clear that there is an appetite for change in the dug-out - and serious fears about both the club's Premier League status and, in a new development, the fate of the proposed takeover.

We ran the survey in the days following Newcastle's dire defeat to Brighton, which saw the club sink to a new low. The 3-0 loss in their most important match of the season left the Magpies just two points off the bottom three, although they have a game in hand on Fulham.

The headline results are:

• 95% think Newcastle should make a change and part company with Steve Bruce (13,351)
  • 92% think Newcastle will get relegated with Bruce in charge - just 4% have confidence that he will keep the team up
  • But it is Mike Ashley who Newcastle fans blame for the current situation - with 53% blaming him for the club's predicament
  • And confidence in the takeover is draining too - 58% now think it WON'T happen while 41% think the legal efforts through arbitration are doomed to fail
  • But 83% of fans still want the PCP Capital Partners, Saudi-backed proposal to go through

spacer.png

Edited by 54

6 minutes ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

Only 53% for Ashley is worrying.

Not in the context of a survey that has those options IMO. Encouraging that the majority realise it’s mainly Ashley.

Rafa will have confused matters as well I guess, making people think that the manager can succeed even under Ashley.