Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

When you look at our first six fixtures compared those of the teams below us you can tell we're fucked unless Bruce fucks off and/or Wilson stays fit when he comes back from injury. (So we are fucked).

Through our bad run last season I didn’t see any possible may Ashley would get rid of him, however this season is different because we don’t have the points on the board this season and I can’t see us winning a game anytime soon.

Not saying I’m expecting Ashley to sack him but I think there is much more chance this season than last.

2 hours ago, Dancing Brave said:

Anybody raving about that is literally a raving lunatic.

An open game at one of the favourites for relegation who we fkn well should be creating chances against as a bare minimum that in the end was drawn?!  Truly halcion days. How many other clubs would flagellate themselves over that ffs? Its a window into how s**t this manager knows he is, that achieving what every other manager will this season is boast-worthy.

We've not won one of our six winnable games - club and Bruce are perfectly satisfied. Again - what other club would behave like that?

Edited by Wolfcastle

50 minutes ago, Abacus said:

The kebab shop reference is such a deliberate dig [emoji38]

He's right though.

Two poor teams can still play an entertaining game. But what everyone can see is a complete lack of purpose, organisation or structure.

And a lack of goals. To be talking about entertaining football when we are barely managing a goal a game is just embarrassing. There's a reason our games aren't on the telly as much this season, we are awful to watch, and one game where we push up a bit and take a few feeble shots at goal isn't going to change anyone's opinion. 

More of the same? He is trying to liken himself to Keegan here by claiming to have an entertaining team. The thing is, Keegans teams actually won and did against the best in the country. We have been in two matches that were end to end but against relegation rivals. Neither of which we won. A decent team would have ripped us apart the way we played defensively.

No idea how much it will take to pay Bruce off but I just don't understand the willingness to stick with a poor manager and sacrificing the potential financial benefits from guaranteeing Premier League football.    How much is each place worth these days - £1m+ - plus the additional TV money that we are not going to be getting this season because we are being broadcast less than in previous years and the certainty of any interested buyers walking away when we get relegated (as Ashley probably won't want to lower the sale price).

I realise that Ashley won't make a decision until he has no choice (and it is too late) and that he is a gambler but if you are trying to sell the club (and especially to particular buyer who are only interested in a Premier League club), why take that risk?  He will lose so much more than the cost of paying Bruce off.

1 minute ago, Wallace said:

No idea how much it will take to pay Bruce off but I just don't understand the willingness to stick with a poor manager and sacrificing the potential financial benefits from guaranteeing Premier League football.    How much is each place worth these days - £1m+ - plus the additional TV money that we are not going to be getting this season because we are being broadcast less than in previous years and the certainty of any interested buyers walking away when we get relegated (as Ashley probably won't want to lower the sale price).

I realise that Ashley won't make a decision until he has no choice (and it is too late) and that he is a gambler but if you are trying to sell the club (and especially to particular buyer who are only interested in a Premier League club), why take that risk?  He will lose so much more than the cost of paying Bruce off.

You've answered you own question, Ashley is a gambler and so far with Bruce its paid off in spades as far as hes concerned.

I feel like I have to come into this thread or whomever our manager generally is, every 6 weeks to remind the few that seem to be 'surprised' or 'shocked' that Ashley would risk not sacking Bruce. 

I'll have to dig up my earlier statements, but it goes like this : Ashley will never, ever sack a manager for on-field reasons if the club is 17th or higher. The manager would also have to be 18th or lower for a prolonged period for this to happen. Our performances or 'style' mean nothing to him. 

So, right now we are 17th, he's going absolutely nowhere. If you want him gone, then it's the sackpardew.com route where he's pushed out by the fans. Unfortunately, after Pardew, I think most of the fans that care about the club have given up, and I don't blame them. 

Edited by HawK

3 points from the first 18 available. 

14 goals conceded with 0 clean sheets

Taken the lead 4 times in games (West Ham, Soton x2 and Watford) and each time got pegged back

7 points dropped from winning positions and we've only played half a dozen games. 

Knocked out of the League cup at the first hurdle

And it's been a very favourable start on paper too, the fixtures have been kind and his team have flopped. They don't look particularly fit, they certainly don't look like they're enjoying it and the manager is either coming out with his generic bullshit or confronting journalists who are asking him questions he has no answer to. It's all the classic signs of a team bang in trouble who need to take immediate action. He maintains he can take criticism. He claims we're playing well but the fans have eyes and know when they're being bullshitted by a poor manager who has no idea how to correct the slump he's overseen. A proper club would sack him today. 

Guest neesy111
15 minutes ago, jackyboy said:

Bruce is probably on about 500k and Rafa was on 6 mill so over 3 seasons Ashley saves at least 15 milion plus what he's saved on not buying players which a decent manager would demand or leave

Bruce is on £3m a year.

Guest neesy111
1 minute ago, 54 said:

Imagine getting paid that amount to be absolutely shite at you job :lol: 

It was a 600% pay increase from his previous contract.  People think ashley is good at business....

4 minutes ago, Darth Crooks said:

They literally were contemptuous enough to think hiring two Geordies at once would get them off the hook in Bruce and Carroll. Wilfully wrong messages ‘learned’ every time. They active laugh at fans who pay them and invest time. Sports Neglect.con.

There’s still around 40,000 home fans and 2-3k away fans who’ve bought it.

1 hour ago, Darth Crooks said:

They literally were contemptuous enough to think hiring two Geordies at once would get them off the hook in Bruce and Carroll. Wilfully wrong messages ‘learned’ every time. They active laugh at fans who pay them and invest time. Sports Neglect.con.

It worked perfectly though? Other than a few Ashley chants sung by those funding his club, what else has he had to contend with?