Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

I remember Moyes being a favourite for the job when the McClaren sacking rumours surfaced and he was receptive to the move until the Rafa alignment happened. Crazy a year on he relegated those down the road instead!

Some of these quotes are incredible...

We have been told Bruce was 'shoulder-barging' into Ritchie but the player did not retaliate physically. The 60-year-old was allegedly infuriated by Ritchie calling him a 'coward' and said to him: 'After all I've done for you.'

Sources say Ritchie, who was awarded a new contract last year, responded by saying: 'You've done f*** all for me,' before telling Bruce he was a 'coward' and that he was 'done' with him.

Bruce is then understood to have said: 'What are you going to do? Tell Lee Charnley?'

One source said: 'There has long been an inquest into who has been leaking stories from the training ground and the manager has stood back and watched players and staff accuse each other, yet he is the biggest leak of all. Most of the players do not trust him and do not like him.'

Several players want new assistant boss Graeme Jones to take charge until the end of the season, believing he represents their best chance of avoiding relegation.

Bruce, it is claimed, even told some players that he thought Jones was to blame for the tactical mix-up that led to Wolves' goal. This spread among the squad on Tuesday and was met with a response of, 'It's never his fault'.