Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

The reality, and we all know it, is that Ashley is as stupid as the plastic manager he currently has in the dugout.

If he doesn´t change Bruce now we are definitely down. God, I detest the imposter we have pretending to be a manager, not quite like the hate I had for the sleazy creepy king, but slowly inching towards that...

We need to win two of our next three games otherwise we are doomed. The only saving grace is that Fulham now have a four or five game fixture list that seems very hard for them to pick up points.

The reality, and we all know it, is that Ashley is as stupid as the plastic manager he currently has in the dugout.

If he doesn´t change Bruce now we are definitely down. God, I detest the imposter we have pretending to be a manager, not quite like the hate I had for the sleazy creepy king, but slowly inching towards that...

We need to win two of our next three games otherwise we are doomed. The only saving grace is that Fulham now have a four or five game fixture list that seems very hard for them to pick up points.

Sadly I think the ship has now sailed and sacking Bruce won’t save us.

He has now damaged the chance of any potential replacement saving us by injuring two key players. Not that I think he will be sacked anyways, which is criminal.

Agreed. We are going down even if Bruce left today unfortunately. As has been said he also gets to play Trump even more if he's sacked now and will pretend we would have stayed up under him and it was the injuries that cost him. 🙄

Agreed. We are going down even if Bruce left today unfortunately. As has been said he also gets to play Trump even more if he's sacked now and will pretend we would have stayed up under him and it was the injuries that cost him. 🙄

Well, whether he stays till the end or goes now, if (when) we go down, he's going to use Covid, the fixture pressures and thus Injuries as the excuse, not his own ineptitude. Oh, and he'll probably throw some blame toward 'The Mighty Rafa' again, for the drilled tactics that Bruce found so hard to shake off/change.

For those who can remember, who else was in the rumours to take over from McClaren?

Just seems at the moment the perfect storm of depression over Bruce still being here. Other than Howe, there’s nobody else I’d really fancy of the top of my head that I’d believe would either come and work here, or we’d get. There also just seems this Teflon invisibility around Bruce that I can’t even remember Pardew having.

Watching on Saturday was the first real time I’ve felt such frustration about not being allowed in the ground. However much fans criticism is aired on Twitter, or even with banners at SJP, there’s no substitute to being there in person and booing and moaning. Sounds daft, but finally I just feel totally muted as a fan with the anger and frustration of Bruce taking us down.

Bruce really has had such a easy ride of it, and all that business of death threats can do one. No fans at any home games, no fans at Sheffield United away, Villa away - two games where he’d have had the whole ground home and away calling for his head.

For those who can remember, who else was in the rumours to take over from McClaren?

Just seems at the moment the perfect storm of depression over Bruce still being here. Other than Howe, there’s nobody else I’d really fancy of the top of my head that I’d believe would either come and work here, or we’d get. There also just seems this Teflon invisibility around Bruce that I can’t even remember Pardew having.

Watching on Saturday was the first real time I’ve felt such frustration about not being allowed in the ground. However much fans criticism is aired on Twitter, or even with banners at SJP, there’s no substitute to being there in person and booing and moaning. Sounds daft, but finally I just feel totally muted as a fan with the anger and frustration of Bruce taking us down.

Bruce really has had such a easy ride of it, and all that business of death threats can do one. No fans at any home games, no fans at Sheffield United away, Villa away - two games where he’d have had the whole ground home and away calling for his head.

He wouldn't even have got sacked had it not been for Benítez making contact IIRC.

He wouldn't even have got sacked had it not been for Benítez making contact IIRC.

Probably right.

Pardew was pretty well teflon coated as well, and it was only because Palace came in for him, that he went.

McClaren also, as above, probably wouldn't have been sacked without the approach from Benitez' people.

Ashley has only ever sacked/pushed out those that push against him - Keegan, Shearer (probably saw what he wanted in terms of transfers/players in, hence not keeping him on), Hughton, and Benitez.

Don't knock on his door too often, or make your mouth go in the press about wanting better, and you've got a job for life under MA!

The perfect manager under MA would have been Harry Redknapp, as he would have had the perfect balance of getting along with MA while also producing the kind of football and results the fans would have been fine with.

Unfortunately he didn't want to move up north. Can't think of any other manager that works.

The perfect manager under MA would have been Harry Redknapp, as he would have had the perfect balance of getting along with MA while also producing the kind of football and results the fans would have been fine with.

Unfortunately he didn't want to move up north. Can't think of any other manager that works.

Wheeler-dealer Harry Redknapp, known for being hands on and extremely active in the transfer market? Somehow I don't think so.

Wheeler-dealer Harry Redknapp, known for being hands on and extremely active in the transfer market? Somehow I don't think so.

I think MA would have let him get on with it because he's MA's type of guy 100%.

Similar to the way this summer Bruce was allowed to bring in the types of players he wanted.

Harry also loved a deal, which they would have in common. And Harry knew the French market well too.

It would have worked well. No doubt about it.

No, it’s not how that went down. It was by pure chance, the club had been speaking with his agent about forming a list of managerial options (should they pull the trigger on McClaren) and the agent brought up Rafa as one of those options. Lee Charnley wouldn’t have dreamed of landing someone like that given the clubs reputation.

Rafa wouldn’t actively put himself in the picture to get someone else sacked.

Wasnt it rumoured that Pardew got a cut of any outgoing transfers?

Havnt heard that about Bruce

Why would he get a cut when it was Carr who did all the hard work on getting those frenchies in.

Iirc Pearson was linked when McClaren got sacked.

Even if Bruce gets sacked Ashley won’t fork out for another manager. The cheap option will get it and the cheap option in this instance will be Jones