WBA 0-0 Newcastle United - 07/03/2021

Disco

That first half was weird. Felt like we almost wanted to score until it got to the final third, then everyone stood still not sure what to do next.

Actually not that weird at all, fairly standard.

Difference between the two teams is WBA have a pattern of play when they attack. It hasn’t worked yet but if you keep on allowing them to do it eventually it will come off.

We have no idea what we are doing in attack and will therefore rely on an individual moment (they are injured), a set piece (delivery has been terrible) or sheer luck (the Brucey way).

No idea how you’d change this from the bench. Everyone on there is equally as shite.

Missing Almiron massively. Without him where not bothering to press at all.

Missing that extra player in forward line, Bruce has bottled it and stuck Hendrick in instead of Gayle, Murphy in for Almiron.

Joelinton actually picked the right option to pass, just executed it badly. Commentators talking s**** as usual.

Yep! Hard angle to score from and he misses they’d be blaming him for not squaring it.

Shelvey will cost us a goal. He is so lazy defending the ball.

Thought he’s been much better than usual on that side of things

Aye, Shelvey has been fine for once.

The problem is the lack of attacking plan. There really doesn’t seem to be an idea of how to score a goal other than long ball on the break.

Joelinton actually picked the right option to pass, just executed it badly. Commentators talking s**** as usual.

Yep! Hard angle to score from and he misses they’d be blaming him for not squaring it.

That pass was so on as well, he really should have made it but was trying to be too safe, should have hit it a bit more aggressively.

First 10 mins he looked lively down that side. But we’ve killed that plan to death, and their LCB, LB have worked it out and winning everything tried to play down that channel.

Hopeless though, Fraser is only player who can run at anyone, but you’ve got Dummett behind who’s never going to support or create space or overlap.

Amazon stream seems to be working ok but I have this nagging feeling I'm about 30 seconds behind everyone else [emoji38]

Same except the match appears to be around 30 years before everything else.

Our football in 1991 was better than this

Christ that was my mid-teens. Watching it now it looks like it’s from the 1950’s :lol:

I put money on now the likes of Shearer or Wilson or any half decent striker, would no way have been trying a pass in that position.

I put money on now the likes of Shearer or Wilson or any half decent striker, would no way have been trying a pass in that position.

But Beardsley or Sellars might.

But Beardsley or Sellars might.

Disagree