Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

We're finishing 17th. I can feel it :lol:

Pardew is doing his best Moyes impression imaginable :lol: in 7 years time he will be known as one of the best managers in the league and haggling over a new contract being linked with moves to Germany.

Before anyone responds i'm not serious.

9. Our only hope is Wigan don't do their usual great escape.

Come on man, we are 6 points above (7 with goal difference) with 4 games to play. Wigan have just been beaten off west ham away and still have Spurs, Arsenal and Villa to play.

This. I think we'll stay up a bit like Hull did the year we went down. Pathetic displays but stay up due to the shit below us.

Come on man, we are 6 points above (7 with goal difference) with 4 games to play. Wigan have just been beaten off west ham away and still have Spurs, Arsenal and Villa to play.

wigan have a game in hand.

They have to win it.

7. It's sneaking up on us and if the other teams get their acts together we're fucked. We haven't got the fight for a relegation battle and have a League 1 manager who has no clue what he's doing.

Still desperately worried, wouldn't at all put it past Wigan to get better results in the final games than ourselves.

:sadnod:

QPR game our best  chance of keeping ourselves up rather than relying on the failings of others.

They have a game in hand we are not looking like we'll pick up any points with the way we're playing. Like I said it's all reliant on them not being good enough as we're clearly incapable of helping ourselves.

Guest icemanblue

They have a game in hand we are not looking like we'll pick up any points with the way we're playing. Like I said it's all reliant on them not being good enough as we're clearly incapable of helping ourselves.

We just picked up a point, man! :lol:

Wigan would pretty much have to win 3 of their remaining 5 games from WBA, Swansea, Arsenal, Spurs and Villa to finish above us. I just cant see it happening.

Wigan would pretty much have to win 3 of their remaining 5 games from WBA, Swansea, Arsenal, Spurs and Villa to finish above us. I just cant see it happening.

I can. They do it every year.

All the other teams at the bottom have games they look likely to win and most of the teams directly below us seem to be showing signs of a fight Sunderland, Wigan and Villa. While Stoke and Norwich both have much easier home games than we do and you would expect them to push past 36 points.

Would you expect all of those things to happen together though?

And would you have said before Sunderland that it was the only game we had a chance of getting points in?

I expect Norwich to beat Reading at home taking them 38 pts. I expect Stoke to beat Norwich at home (or QPR away), to take them to 37 pts. I expect Aston Villa to beat Sunderland at home taking them to 37pts. I expect Sunderland to beat Stoke at home taking them to 37 pts. I expect Wigan to beat Swansea (on their hols) and Aston Villa at home taking them to 37 pts. All those teams may pick up additional points too of course.  While we need to improve a lot on the Sunderland game at home and do something about our away form to even get one more point this season.

I said before the Fulham game that, that and and Sunderland ones were the only games I could see us winning between now and the end of the season. We are not drawing games, when we go away from home we lose, the two home games we have left look extremely tough on paper and both teams are better than the shower of s**** that thumped us on Sunday. QPR away is our best chance of getting anything, West Brom don't have a lot to play for but I'm sure they will be less nervous and are in better form than s right now. West Ham are still not clear and Alardyce, Carroll and Nolan will need to motivation to want to beat us.

Stoke and Norwich have much worse form than us, but you expect them to win games while you think we won't even get another point, why?

Look who Stoke are playing and where they are playing them, Norwich at home !  Norwich are playing Reading at home.  Those two games could be crucial to our season, I don't see Reading taking any points off anyone they are f***ing awful and it's a disgrace that they took 4 pts from us this season.

Yes Stoke are playing at home, where they have only 5 points from their last 6 games, but you expect them to win.  Meanwhile we're playing West Brom and QPR away where we have 4 points in our last 6 games but those games are a right off apparently..

There are 3 teams right now who are in awful form, Stoke, Norwich and Reading. If two of them meet, who do you give the advantage to ? Me I give it to the home team. Even if Stoke just get a draw from that game, you've got to back them to get a draw at QPR where they will just park the bus, as opposed to us who will go there to win no doubt. Stoke's GD is way better than ours, thanks largely to the tonkings at Man Shitty and against the mackems. It could all go down to whether us having a go at QPR yealds a better result than Stoke's park the bus tactics, away from home neither sides has worked well in 2013.

Well Stoke haven't got so much as a point away from home this year and QPR have been decent at home so I wouldn't back Stoke to get a draw there to be honest.  Based on recent form we've got more of a chance of winning at QPR than Stoke have of drawing there.  Obviously in reality neither is very likely, though either could end up happening.. 

I just think if you asked a Stoke fan if they expect to beat Norwich at home and if they would back a draw at Loftus Road they'd probably answer no to both after watching one win this year at home and no points at all away.

I'm still worried by the way, but I think most if not all of the teams below us should still be more worried.

Hope you feel as utterly ludicrous as this post was.

well, we'll see.

The teams around us have to play each other so they will take points off of each other so we should be alright if we get another win. Only team I can see us beating is QPR though. Fucking awful season and I can't wait til it's over.

Not at this stage they don't their form usually starts 5 or 6 games ago..... they might do it but i very much doubt it.

2 and a draw

2 and a draw

Would have them level on points and that would mean if we lost all 4 of our last games.

Not at this stage they don't their form usually starts 5 or 6 games ago..... they might do it but i very much doubt it.

Did it in our first season back.

2 and a draw

Would have them level on points and that would mean if we lost all 4 of our last games.

no they would be a point  better but yeah we'd have to lose our last 4 games which isn't beyond us

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

If we're two points ahead of Villa and Wigan on th last day we're safe. I think we're out of jail this season but a repeat of this form next season and it could be much worst.

Looked at the remaining games for Villa an Wigan. Thinking Wigan will beat Swansea and Villa at home and gt a point off west boom. Thinking Villa will beat Sunderland and draw with Norwich and lose to United, Chelsea and Wigan. This would put both on 38 points so goal difference could be key this year. If Villa don't feel like producing a heroic and miraclous performance at OT then they should focus on damage limitation because RVP and co could do some serious damage to that defence.

If stoke can go to QPR and win 2-0 then i think we should have a good chance when we go down there. all there players will be thinking about is what club their agent can find them for next season. also last game of the season at home i think we can get something against arsenal.

The way were playing we could easily only pick up a single point for the rest of the season and leave the Wigan - Villa game where a point each would see us down if we list to Arsenal on the last day.

Unbelievable - not quite.