Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

We won't go down this season but obviously we will be royally f***ed if Carver stays.

It's not down to Carver. It's all in Mike Ashley's hands, and it has been that since he bought the club. An owner with zero footballing ambitions.

I've just had a decent sized bet on us to go down at 200/1  - at the very least will be able to lay it off at much shorter odds after Liverpool and Spurs hump us into oblivion.

It's definitely more likely than that, but I can't see it happening.

As I said in another thread, the dross below us had already saved us by Christmas, the same dross that is better than us now. We are wholeheartedly the worst team in the premiership at the moment. We'll stay up on the back of one or two scrappy draws, unless QPR and/or Leicester are confirmed relegated come May we won't win another game.

The thing is, if there's a club in the league that *deserves* to go down it's actually only us. We're treating the entire competition with contempt, selling players off to run with the bare minimum all the while stockpiling cash that we intend to never spend on players. We could have had a manager in but they couldn't be arsed with that and we're reaping the dividends now.

I think I'd like it to happens, it really needs to happen or we'll be here again next year.

The thing is, if there's a club in the league that *deserves* to go down it's actually only us. We're treating the entire competition with contempt, selling players off to run with the bare minimum all the while stockpiling cash that we intend to never spend on players. We could have had a manager in but they couldn't be arsed with that and we're reaping the dividends now.

I think I'd like it to happens, it really needs to happen or we'll be here again next year.

Think this is a very fair point. if we do not go down this season I am sure we will go next season unless they is a very big change in the club. If carver and co are anywhere near the first team squad then I can see a record low points been set also, never seen a manager at our club more of of his depth since Richard Dinnis

Think this is a very fair point. if we do not go down this season I am sure we will go next season unless they is a very big change in the club. If caver and co are anywhere near the first team squad then I can see a record low points been set also, never seen a manager at our club more of of his depth since Richard Dinnis

We're not getting many points between now and the end, staying up will probably be quite close in the end and carver will have a diabolical points record. I suspect they'll point to their own transfer dealings leaving the squad deficient and say he'll do better next season with a full squad. Except we'll never have a full squad.

Literally can't understand Ashley, seems intent on hamstringing the club through his own actions at every conceivable oppurtunity.

I'd love to see us go down, honestly. For me it's all about hitting Ashley's pocket and I'd love to see Carver get relegated. We're a shite club making up the numbers and always will be. The best we can do is vote against scumbags like John Carver.

State of some of the posters in this thread.

Wishing we'd get relegated!

Embarrassing.

Because its so much more enjoyable being lower midtable with no ambition to improve

There's many problems with the Toon at the moment.

But wishing we'd get relegated? That's a completely crazy mindset to have.

If we got relegated it could totally fuck the club for good.

Embarrassing.

Because its so much more enjoyable being lower midtable with no ambition to improve

you just don't see the link huh, what kind of fucking husk do you think ashley is going to leave behind? :lol:

Not as embarrassing as accepting the Mike Ashley regime as the status quo and watching the football club we all grew up with disintegrate into nothing.

I don't know how to get rid of Ashley, but I don't find it much of a coincidence the last time he tried to sell the club we were relegated. If it means him selling the club then you better believe I hope it happens.

Embarrassing.

If we got relegated it could totally f*** the club for good.  :lol:

Aye cos the heart and soul haven't already been ripped from it. :lol:

What will it take with some people man???

Ashley and Charnley double buggering your mother in front of you over the rotting corpse of your gran as he laughs at you, waving your season ticket money in your face, whilst dancing and pissing on pictures of Milburn, Joe Harvey and sir Bobby???.... before some of you wake up man...

I don't want Newcastle "to do a Leeds" which would be likely if we got relegated.

Say we get relegated and Ashley sells, and we get somebody else in. What happens if they're a pile of shit too?

Another relegation, maybe if we get relegated to League One, then that will fix it?

The lack of investment hurts from Ashley. The fact we don't bother with the cups is painful. The "Sports Direct" adverts all around SJP is depressing.

Things aren't great, but you ask a Leeds fan, or Sheff United, or Sheff Wed fan if they'd swap places with us, and they would in a heartbeat.

The financial stakes are so high now, that not being in Premiership isn't an option.

Guest neesy111

I don't want Newcastle "to do a Leeds" which would be likely if we got relegated.

Wrong, club is making healthy profits and our debt is at a sustainable level unlike Leeds.

Say we get relegated and Ashley sells, and we get somebody else in. What happens if they're a pile of shit too?

Another relegation, maybe if we get relegated to League One, then that will fix it?

The lack of investment hurts from Ashley. The fact we don't bother with the cups is painful. The "Sports Direct" adverts all around SJP is depressing.

Things aren't great, but you ask a Leeds fan, or Sheff United, or Sheff Wed fan if they'd swap places with us, and they would in a heartbeat.

The financial stakes are so high now, that not being in Premiership isn't an option.

So what, so are we supposed to just suck it up, follow a club that has no ambition, no self identity, no sole, and only wish to put money into the owners pocket, and into his tacky cheap brand. It'd rather follow a club that's in the Championship and has some ambition, and drive to succeed, then a husk of a club thats only interested in being on the Premier League gravy train.

Embarrassing.

you just don't see the link huh, what kind of fucking husk do you think ashley is going to leave behind? :lol:

cant believe things like this even need explaining.

Say we get relegated and Ashley sells, and we get somebody else in. What happens if they're a pile of s*** too?

So what, so are we supposed to just suck it up, follow a club that has no ambition, no self identity, no sole, and only wish to put money into the owners pocket, and into his tacky cheap brand. It'd rather follow a club that's in the Championship and has some ambition, and drive to succeed, then a husk of a club thats only interested in being on the Premier League gravy train.

People will make their own decisions about whether to follow the Toon going forward. That's fine and understand that for some people, they just don't feel it's worth it anymore.

I just can't understand the logic of wanting us to get relegated.

There are no guarantees at all that relegation would improve anything.

Say we get relegated and Ashley sells, and we get somebody else in. What happens if they're a pile of s*** too?

People will make their own decisions about whether to follow the Toon going forward. That's fine and understand that for some people, they just don't feel it's worth it anymore.

I just can't understand the logic of wanting us to get relegated.

There are no guarantees at all that relegation would improve anything.

Relegation removes the only real incentive for Ashley - The TV money.