Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

I don't want Newcastle "to do a Leeds" which would be likely if we got relegated.

Say we get relegated and Ashley sells, and we get somebody else in. What happens if they're a pile of s*** too?

Another relegation, maybe if we get relegated to League One, then that will fix it?

The lack of investment hurts from Ashley. The fact we don't bother with the cups is painful. The "Sports Direct" adverts all around SJP is depressing.

Things aren't great, but you ask a Leeds fan, or Sheff United, or Sheff Wed fan if they'd swap places with us, and they would in a heartbeat.

The financial stakes are so high now, that not being in Premiership isn't an option.

So what, so are we supposed to just suck it up, follow a club that has no ambition, no self identity, no sole, and only wish to put money into the owners pocket, and into his tacky cheap brand. It'd rather follow a club that's in the Championship and has some ambition, and drive to succeed, then a husk of a club thats only interested in being on the Premier League gravy train.

People will make their own decisions about whether to follow the Toon going forward. That's fine and understand that for some people, they just don't feel it's worth it anymore.

I just can't understand the logic of wanting us to get relegated.

There are no guarantees at all that relegation would improve anything.

Relegation removes the only real incentive for Ashley - The TV money.

He tried to sell the club the last time we were relegated with no success.

If we get relegated again, then he might not get an "acceptable price" to sell us (again) - and we're stuck with the Bugger.

In the Championship.

The club needs change, ideally Ashley needs to go. But getting relegated "just" so that might happen - isn't a risk I'd want to take.

I don't want Newcastle "to do a Leeds" which would be likely if we got relegated.

Say we get relegated and Ashley sells, and we get somebody else in. What happens if they're a pile of s*** too?

Another relegation, maybe if we get relegated to League One, then that will fix it?

The lack of investment hurts from Ashley. The fact we don't bother with the cups is painful. The "Sports Direct" adverts all around SJP is depressing.

Things aren't great, but you ask a Leeds fan, or Sheff United, or Sheff Wed fan if they'd swap places with us, and they would in a heartbeat.

The financial stakes are so high now, that not being in Premiership isn't an option.

So what, so are we supposed to just suck it up, follow a club that has no ambition, no self identity, no sole, and only wish to put money into the owners pocket, and into his tacky cheap brand. It'd rather follow a club that's in the Championship and has some ambition, and drive to succeed, then a husk of a club thats only interested in being on the Premier League gravy train.

People will make their own decisions about whether to follow the Toon going forward. That's fine and understand that for some people, they just don't feel it's worth it anymore.

I just can't understand the logic of wanting us to get relegated.

There are no guarantees at all that relegation would improve anything.

Relegation removes the only real incentive for Ashley - The TV money.

He tried to sell the club the last time we were relegated with no success.

If we get relegated again, then he might not get an "acceptable price" to sell us (again) - and we're stuck with the Bugger.

In the Championship.

The club needs change, ideally Ashley needs to go. But getting relegated "just" so that might happen - isn't a risk I'd want to take.

If only that were actually true...

If only there was some point in our recent history to refer to when we were relegated and didn't instantly do a Leeds.

Cool - we'll that's it sorted then. We'll get relegated and everything will be great.

Well it didn't happen, did it?

I've been pretty firm in the belief that getting relegated this season will do us no good in the short or long term, it won't help us rid ourselves of Ashley and only compound the problems we have, for example the likes of Willo, Raylor and Sammy would be seen as ideal Championship players and probably get new contracts, while we would lose the likes of Sissoko, Janmaat, Krul and Perez to the highest bidder. Also living on the other side of the pond, I wouldn't get to see us play very often at all any more.

However now my opinion is changing, I don't really care to watch this shell of a team anymore, I tune in for every game and never would I miss it if the were on but I really don't enjoy watching the way we play the game anymore. So not being on TV, would actually improve my quality of life.

In terms of the club, we need to stay down this time if we drop.  An instant spring back is something Ashley could live with, just like he did last time. The only way for him to be gone is for us to remain a championship club for a few seasons. All I would really want then is for us to be bought by someone who cares, someone who's not just in it for financial gain of his other interests. At this point I don't really care if that person has the financial backing to achieve promotion back to the PL, I would honestly feel better supporting a club that prides itself in achieving the best possible on the pitch, rather than a club that has financial clout but lacks that desire and feels more like a business than anything else.

Ideal situation though is that a wealthy Man City esque person comes along and dangles a lot of money in Ashley's face,that's only remotely possible if we remain a PL club.

TL/DR: Would rather support a championship club with honorable aspirations than this PL club.

It's a very fine line we're treading.

Leicester are bottom and favourites to go down. The only difference in goals scored and conceded is the fact we've scored 4 more, we've conceded the exactly the same amount. Only QPR have conceded more than us this season.

All the teams below us have seen we are likely getting no more points, and have set the bar at 35 points. Assuming Leicester are going to find that difficult to reach, the rest will be thinking of getting to 35 to survive at our Ashleys expense.

Relegation is the only thing that will upset Ashley which in turn will make me happy

Yep. I hope we go down too. I actually just put a bit of money on us getting relegated. Oh happy days :lol:

Relegation is the only thing that will upset Ashley which in turn will make me happy

Yep. I hope we go down too. I actually just put a bit of money on us getting relegated. Oh happy days :lol:

Jesus, it's upto 150/1 in some places.

Hull will go imo, but the rest are interesting.

Villa seem to be much better but have tough fixtures, Leicester have a great run of games, QPR have some good players, Burnley have heart and fight, whilst Sunderland have the slight points advantage.

Listen, we're in a relegation fight, make no mistake about it.

Can you fucking imagine, taking over the job in the comfort of mistake and then peddling the relegation stuff whilst throwing your hat in the ring everytime someone asks you about the job.

What a fucking guy :lol: