Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Absolutely gutted I didn't put 5-10 quid on us going down at 100/1 now, just didn't get around to it but knew those odds were far too good.

Yeah I feel same. Seen crazy odds just a few weeks ago when things were already looking very dodgy.

Up to a 9.5 now. If we don't get a win on Saturday we're doomed and unfortunately, I can't see us scoring another goal under this clown never mind getting a point.

I'm still on 8. For some reason I'm clinging to the hope we can get a win against QPR. Don't fancy our chances against either West Brom or West Ham, both Pulis and Fat Sam will be licking their lips at the thought of bombing high crosses in against our defence.

I'm at a 9 just because of the law of averages, surely we can't lose 11 game in a row, I mean, come on. :lol:

Would you have thought we'd lose 8 in a row? :lol:

Trying and failing to replace Carver is the final nail in the coffin for me. The squad was disillusioned and gutless before, but now? After Carver publicly shamed a player and after the club tried to replace him? He'll be lucky to get a squad of them willing to show up on match day now never mind win.

Definitely a soft 10 for me, mathematically it's not that hard a job to get clear especially with our run in, but in reality the Charvernator hasn't got a chance of picking any more points up.

Even with 1 draw out of the remaining 3 matches the teams below us only need to match our tally with our horrendous GD.

!0. If we really did try to replace Carver and fail, he's going to have even less credibility and respect from the players then he had already (if that's even possible)

This whole scenario is playing out so perfectly that it's almost as if we are trying to get relegated. Every single move we've made since January has been right out of the playbook.

John Carver FC:-

Could do anything, it is impossible to say how we'll perform at the moment.

I expect anything from 0-5 points from out last three games, we have no chance of winning more than one.

Putting us somewhere from 35 - 40 points.

Leicester:-

Play QPR on the last day (who will already be down) so they'll win that

Will get something against Sunderland and/or Southampton

Fully expect Leicester to get 3-6 more points putting them on 37-40 points

Hull:-

Hopefully, Everton will beat Sunderland in the early kick off (otherwise Burnley will be relegated before they kick off). Expect Burnley to put up a fight and get a draw if they are still in the fight.

If they win tonight (which I don't expect them to) we are firmly in the brown stuff.

They will lose or draw all of their other games, maybe getting 2-4 points along the way (at the very most) putting them on 36 - 38 points.

Sunderland:-

Could quite easily beat Everton as both teams have potential to be really awful, if they do we are screwed.

Cannot see them beating Leicester, I expect a draw or away win.

Will lose their other two games, so will pick up somewhere between 2-6 points along the way (at the very most) putting them on 35 - 39 points.

Burnley and QPR will both be relegated either this weekend or next and their own relevance is putting in performances against the clubs around us to do us a favour.

Therefore, if we lose our remaining three games, the only way we'll survive is if Sunderland pick up 2 or less points and get thumped with more goals than us.

1 win and we are safe, as the likelihood of all of the other 3 getting 4 or more points is ridiculous (especially with Leicester playing Sunderland).

1-2 points and it'll be touch and go.

I think our fate will be decided ultimately by Everton v Sunderland due to the knock of effect to other fixtures (their confidence, Burnley's performance against Hull etc).

Guest Gino14

There's no need for particularly deep analysis now.  Anyone who thinks we're getting another point with Carver in charge is dreaming.  Anyone who thinks the other teams won't get 2 points from 3-4 games is also dreaming.  We're down, simple as that.  The club signed our relegation notice with that statement today.

Looking at the table and fixtures gives slight hope but everything else, including gut feeling, points to relegation.

We're a club in disarray and even though Sunderland could very easily lose all 4 games, its hard to trust Everton.

All remaining teams to play us smell blood. They know we are wounded animal in distress. They simply have to apply pressure and we will fall apart, perfect for the taking.

All remaining teams to play us smell blood. They know we are wounded animal in distress. They simply have to apply pressure and we will fall apart, perfect for the taking.

If I was one of the teams in relegation trouble I'd be looking at our form and smelling blood. Sunderland have definitely been given a massive boost by their victory over us and our spineless capitulation under Carver. It will be the same for West Brom, Hull and Villa.