Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

I know the games against City and Liverpool look hopeless, but they aren't the most physically imposing sides. Maybe we can do a Pardew and park the bus and hope to sneak a goal from a set piece or two.

Best bet is to try and stay compact and deny them space I reckon.  Problem is players like David Silva tend to be able to create a yard out of nothing.

Hopefully Townsend and Sissoko can display the same sort of energy levels as they did yesterday and keep getting up and down the pitch as whatever happens we need to try and hurt them too.  Sitting back and inviting pressure is suicide against this lot.  Try and get at them, get the crowd going and see what happens.  I'd rather give it a try and lose than go out with a whimper.

I wouldn't get your hopes up for a blood and thunder Merseyside derby game with injuries and suspensions.

The derby is going to be like a training match for Liverpool. Our players have clearly given up on Martinez and the atmosphere around the whole club is the worst I've ever known it in 20-odd years of going the match.

Wouldn't even surprise me if Martinez rested players in the derby. He knows winning the cup is the only way he can cling onto his job.

wtf has he done wrong like? you have a decent side, never in danger, winning the odd cup matches etc what more do you want??

I wouldn't get your hopes up for a blood and thunder Merseyside derby game with injuries and suspensions.

The derby is going to be like a training match for Liverpool. Our players have clearly given up on Martinez and the atmosphere around the whole club is the worst I've ever known it in 20-odd years of going the match.

Wouldn't even surprise me if Martinez rested players in the derby. He knows winning the cup is the only way he can cling onto his job.

wtf has he done wrong like? you have a decent side, never in danger, winning the odd cup matches etc what more do you want??

I can't tell if you're taking the piss or not.

Sunderland, Newcastle & Norwich relegation fight 'going right to the wire'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36063763

It's a tall order to survive. We have to better the results of both Sunderland and Norwich for the rest of the season.

Sunderland's 2015-16 run-in

Sun 24 April Arsenal (H)

Sat 30 April Stoke (A)

Sat 7 May      Chelsea (H)

Wed 11 May Everton (H)

Sun 15 May Watford (A)

Apart from Arsenal, none of those teams have much to play for. Even worse, Everton and/or Watford may be resting players for the FA Cup final when Sunderland play them.

Norwich's 2015-16 run-in

Sat 30 April Arsenal (A)

Sat 7 May    Man Utd (H)

Wed 11 May Watford (H)

Sun 15 May Everton (A)

Pretty much the same teams to play as Sunderland so the same applies. A mediocre Man U may have something to fight for.

Newcastle's 2015-16 run-in

Tue 19 April Man City (H)

Sat 23 April Liverpool (A)

Sat 30 April Crystal Palace (H)

Sat 7 May      Aston Villa (A)

Sun 15 May Tottenham (H)

Our fixtures are probably the toughest on paper now. Man City are in form and going for top 4, Liverpool are in form but might rest players before their Europa League Semi-Final 5 days later. Crystal Palace will probably be more or less safe by the time we play them. Aston Villa are relegated so who knows how they will perform, on the beach or playing without any pressure? Tottenham might be fighting for the title or second place (or on the beach).

We'll need to win a game we always lose in order to stay up. Over the last few years we've written off City (H) and Liverpool (A) and the team has performed exactly how we all expected them to, this time if they do the same then we're definitely down. We need a rabbit, possibly 2, pulled form the hat and quite frankly I don't think they've got it in them.  They needed to start giving a shit a few months ago, they needed to bin McClaren far earlier but we didn't and here we are.

Nah, one of Norwich and Sunderland will get to 36.

Yeah. It pisses me off to hear the pundits all backing Sunderland, but if I was in their position I would do the same. All we did yesterday was keep ourselves in the game. Realistically looking at their fixtures and looking at ours, they have the better run in. I agree we need two points from the next two games to genuinely believe. I think we might get one if we play above ourselves.