Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Not sure how we're mentally relegated mind. I know the Norwich game has obviously boosted Sunderland too, but we could have went into the Swansea match effectively 10 adrift, we're now a win away, with half decent home form, and a bit of confidence again.

What you say is obviously true, but man, look at our season. A win does not exactly fill me with confidence  :lol:

To save myself some new gray hairs, i have mentally accepted relegation. Each point is a bonus.

But yes, come tuesday i will be a fucking nerve wreck again  :lol:

Fucking football...

'A win away'.  Points on the board are massive. We haven't shown the ability to regularly pick up points at any point this season.  No reason to believe we can do it now.

Hope I'm wrong but we are in miracle times.  Need a shock result AND to win the games we should. 

We have 3 home games left, we've gained points in 5 of our last 6 at home. Granted two of our last three are very tough, but home form is decent. We have the worst team in the league to play away, a side who from yesterday's selection won't be first choice when we visit, and a team who've won one in about half a season.

I am choosing to be optimistic and go with this view.  My only fear is that tomorrow night seems absolutely crucial - if we lose heavily, I fear the players' heads will drop going into a match with a Liverpool team that looks like to be not at full strength.

Spurs is almost the game I am most hopeful for (bar Palace and Villa).  If they can't win the league, do you honestly think that people like Kane, Dier and Alli will be going all out when they have the Euros coming up?  Can't see it myself.

I know after 33 games.  There are going to be a lot of moments you can look back on and say 'what if?'  But the last minute Norwich goal, really does look massive, now.  We'd be on level points, with a +1 better goal dif, if we had seen that out. 

It looks as if sunderland are the ones with the best chance of stopping up.  So we'd still have to outperform them for the last 5 games.  But I still go back to the 3-2 at Carrow Road and think that might ultimately be what fucks us. 

Unless we get a shock win against City or Liverpool (yeah right), then I think we're down.

I think we could survive with a point against either Citeh og Liverpool if we take 7 points from our last 3 games.

8 point from our last 5 fixtures would keep us up imo when looking at Norwich and Sunderlands remaining fixtures.

We have the only 'banker' in Villa, I think theirs is far easier after that though, especially considering Pardew will be desperate to beat us.

If we both go down, when would have been the last time 3 clubs of that pedigree (lol) have been relegated in the same season?

Like that counts for anything :lol:

I wouldn't even look at the what if's in Rafa's time - i'll point firmly at Stoke (H), Villa (H) and Everton (H) as 3 matches that we ended up with 2 points instead of 7; +5 right now would have been f***ing huge.

I wouldn't even look at the what if's in Rafa's time - i'll point firmly at Stoke (H), Villa (H) and Everton (H) as 3 matches that we ended up with 2 points instead of 7; +5 right now would have been f***ing huge.

Maybe if we'd gotten those 5 points McClaren wouldn't have been sacked though, and we'd be about to slip into the relegation zone under him.

Chelsea (H) too, but I agree with the above post.

Guest Howaythetoon

We have to not lose against City and Liverpool (draws), Beat Palace and Spurs and then Villa away. 11 points will keep us up, anything less and we go down IMO. We are down anyway like, but that's the kind of points total that will keep us up.

We have to not lose against City and Liverpool (draws), Beat Palace and Spurs and then Villa away. 11 points will keep us up, anything less and we go down IMO. We are down anyway like, but that's the kind of points total that will keep us up.

tend to agree we need around 11 or 12 points,big ask.

We could be 6 points ahead of Norwich before they next kick a ball with two games remaining after that against a side already relegated and a side that might have 2nd place guaranteed and their stars on an early holiday before the Euros.

Yeah. No chance.

The optimism for the mackems to stay up is high on here but I wouldn't be too confident. They were on their way to an unlikely win against Southampton, they threw it away. They were leading against us, and again threw it away. Played well against West Brom but only took a point. Expectedly lost against Leicester before winning against a poor Norwich team. They have screwed themselves a lot and it could just continue tbh.

The optimism for the mackems to stay up is high on here but I wouldn't be too confident. They were on their way to an unlikely win against Southampton, they threw it away. They were leading against us, and again threw it away. Played well against West Brom but only took a point. Expectedly lost against Leicester before winning against a poor Norwich team. They have screwed themselves a lot and it could just continue tbh.

1 win out of next 2 games and we will stay up with the remaining games. Big ask though, we would then need to beat palace and win 1 of last 2 with Spurs most likely given we are shit away from home. Bonus for us being at home last game of season with other 2 away.

No guarantees the other 2 will win any games but think both may pick up 3-6 points

I think it's a big ask to expect any of us to get any points tbf, all of us are down here for a reason and there's gonna be a few twists and turns before the end of the season that's the only certainty.