Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Nah, one of Norwich and Sunderland will get to 36.

Yeah. It pisses me off to hear the pundits all backing Sunderland, but if I was in their position I would do the same. All we did yesterday was keep ourselves in the game. Realistically looking at their fixtures and looking at ours, they have the better run in. I agree we need two points from the next two games to genuinely believe. I think we might get one if we play above ourselves.

I'm sick of hearing about the "Sam effect" and all these predictors going round from Sunderland supporters that have them safe and us 19th. Not saying it probably isn't true, it's just fucking annoying!

All three teams have back to back difficult fixtures and I think whoever comes out at the end of it having picked up points has to be favourite. We really have to get a result from City or the Scousers to have a chance.

They don't really have the better run in - probably the same IMO.

Man City (H) = Arsenal (H)

Liverpool (A) < Stoke (A)

Tottenham (H) < Chelsea (H)

Crystal Palace (H) > Everton (H)

Aston Villa (A) > Watford (A)

I did a predictor and had us scraping survival. I used the most logical results, too (other than a draw on Tuesday) :undecided: Well, I did say we'd beat Spurs :lol: But I don't think these are too wacky?

W:3* D:1 L:1

http://1.1.1.2/bmi/i.imgur.com/HUWzm9c.png

*LOLZ

LLLLL

They've history of pulling out unlikely results at this time of year. First Mourinho defeat at Stamford Bridge in the league springs to mind

If I had a choice of those games I would go for the ones I've made bold, it's close.

We have the only 'banker' in Villa, I think theirs is far easier after that though, especially considering Pardew will be desperate to beat us.

If we both go down, when would have been the last time 3 clubs of that pedigree (lol) have been relegated in the same season?

If we both go down, when would have been the last time 3 clubs of that pedigree (lol) have been relegated in the same season?

The only one that comes close in the last few decades is 02-03. West Ham, Sunlun and WBA.

We have the only 'banker' in Villa, I think theirs is far easier after that though, especially considering Pardew will be desperate to beat us.

Not going to consider any away game a sure thing. Palace at home is probably the closest thing to a banker given all the factors, but still not a sure thing by any means.

You say that like it's a bad thing :lol:

Villa are about as close a banker as you'll get in the top 4 tiers of English football.

EDIT: Basically it's massive for us that we have them and Sunderland don't, the fact they're one of our away ties is a good thing. It's the only game from the 10 remaining that one of us should be winning. The rest are dodgy for both sides.

Form table positions of the two sets of opponents:

Us: 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 15th, 20th

Them: 9th, 12th, 11th, 19th, 18th

If we put it in terms of last 6 home and last 6 away....

(Us 7th at home, 20th away. Them 15th home, 12th away)

City 5th, Liverpool 8th, Palace 17th, Villa 20th, Spurs 2nd.

Arsenal 7th, Stoke 11th, Chelsea 3rd, Everton 8th, Watford 14th.

Probably not much difference other than we play two clubs in rank form.

We're in with a decentish chance of getting 6 points from Villa and Palace. You wouldn't back us against Spurs, but a home game, last day of the season that we need to win, maybe with some momentum - it's one of those where anything could happen. As someone posted, our recent home form, pre and post Rafa-appointment isn't that bad, and we have the only away fixture in the league you'd think we might actually be able to win. If we could get a point from the next two games we'd stay within a fighting chance. 

If I was putting money on it though, I'd have to say the mackems have the best shout, given their current points and coming off a huge 3-0 away win.

Not sure how we're mentally relegated mind. I know the Norwich game has obviously boosted Sunderland too, but we could have went into the Swansea match effectively 10 adrift, we're now a win away, with half decent home form, and a bit of confidence again.

'A win away'.  Points on the board are massive. We haven't shown the ability to regularly pick up points at any point this season.  No reason to believe we can do it now.

Hope I'm wrong but we are in miracle times.  Need a shock result AND to win the games we should. 

We have 3 home games left, we've gained points in 5 of our last 6 at home. Granted two of our last three are very tough, but home form is decent. We have the worst team in the league to play away, a side who from yesterday's selection won't be first choice when we visit, and a team who've won one in about half a season.

'A win away'.  Points on the board are massive. We haven't shown the ability to regularly pick up points at any point this season.  No reason to believe we can do it now.

Hope I'm wrong but we are in miracle times.  Need a shock result AND to win the games we should. 

We have 3 home games left, we've gained points in 5 of our last 6 at home. Granted two of our last three are very tough, but home form is decent. We have the worst team in the league to play away, a side who from yesterday's selection won't be first choice when we visit, and a team who've won one in about half a season.

So we are due 2-3 points at home. The majority of those 5 points came against a poor team that are safe. 

We didn't beat Villa at home.  An away game isn't easy. 

Palace should be 3 points aye. 

Anything more than 6 points would be out of character for us this season.