Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Proper investment and winning our two home games in January would be huge.

We're certainly in the mix, but there's a lot of teams involved.

Wonder if Southampton and Stoke will pull the trigger?

If we do win two out of the next three, I would have no hesitation in moving to a 4 on the meter, it was always going to be a huge month for us, we've started it well need to keep going.

It's not about the gap with Swansea and West Brom, it's 18th that counts. Swansea can do what they like but they're gone.

Agree with you on both sentences. Especially the last one, looking at this. We have to win against them, man.

Guest Howaythetoon

Either way it’s going be close all season. One team always gets dragged into it and at the moment it’s betwen WBA and Stoke and maybe even both. I worry looking at our next 5 fixtures mind.

Either way it’s going be close all season. One team always gets dragged into it and at the moment it’s betwen WBA and Stoke and maybe even both. I worry looking at our next 5 fixtures mind.

We just have to win against Swansea. If we do, we have a free hit at Man City then (hopefully) an FA Cup 4th round match before Burnley and Palace, a double header in which we're hopefully able to get 4 points. Man Utd will be tough but they're nowhere near as good as Man City.

Guest Howaythetoon

We really need to be going after Swansea from the start because they are piss poor, 13 goals all season. I can see a draw however, another 0-0 which for me wouldn’t be good enough given the games coming after them.

We really need to be going after Swansea from the start because they are p*ss poor, 13 goals all season. I can see a draw however, another 0-0 which for me wouldn’t be good enough given the games coming after them.

It'll be a tough game, because we are bad at dictating games, just hope Rafa doesn't feel the need to go 442 with Gayle and Joselu for it, because it doesn't work at home at least.

Its about time West Brom went down to be honest, since they came up there record has been:

10/11: 11th on 47 points.

11/12: 10th on 47 points.

12/13: 8th on 49 points.

13/14: 17th on 36 points.

14/15: 13th on 44 points.

15/16: 14th on 43 points.

16/17: 10th on 45 points.

Such a nothing club.

Its about time West Brom went down to be honest, since they came up there record has been:

10/11: 11th on 47 points.

11/12: 10th on 47 points.

12/13: 8th on 49 points.

13/14: 17th on 36 points.

14/15: 13th on 44 points.

15/16: 14th on 43 points.

16/17: 10th on 45 points.

Such a nothing club.

3 top ten finishes dude, that's actually not bad, not to ever get over 50 points though in that spell is pretty pathetic.

I'm personally hovering at a five right now. I like to think we can slowly save ourselves with a few games to spare thanks to Rafa, but it's so open it still feels 50/50.

I think what shocks me most about this thread is the amount of people that seem to be shocked that others are giving high answers based on their fear of relegation rather than mathematical equations. Surely if we were basing it on the mathematical possibility there's literally no point to this thread as every answer would be the same? :lol:

We really need to be going after Swansea from the start because they are piss poor, 13 goals all season. I can see a draw however, another 0-0 which for me wouldn’t be good enough given the games coming after them.

I think on paper these draws (like Brighton) initially look bad but if you're Rafa they're actually the basis for staying up. He knows he'll eek out 3-4 wins in the remaining games somewhere, the odd draw here and there is what will tip things for us.

I think we should beat Swansea but most important is not losing it.

Best thing about this season is how we're getting our points. Last time we got quite a few against the big 6 (about 14 points last time?). Although our points tally may be similar, the fact we've been taking them from everyone beneath us this time is huge. Keep doing that, and we'll definitely start picking up more against the mid-table crowd you'd think.

Best thing about this season is how we're getting our points. Last time we got quite a few against the big 6 (about 14 points last time?). Although our points tally may be similar, the fact we've been taking them from everyone beneath us this time is huge. Keep doing that, and we'll definitely start picking up more against the mid-table crowd you'd think.

20 of our 22 points have came from teams below us :thup:

Swansea (h) - 3

Man City (a) - 0

Burnley (h) - 1

Palace (a) - 1

Man United (h) - 1

Bournemouth (a) - 1

Liverpool (a) - 0

Southampton (h) - 1

Tottenham (a) - 0

Huddersfield (h) - 3

Leicester (a) - 0

Arsenal (h) - 1

Everton (a) - 0

West Brom (h) - 3

Watford (a) - 0

Chelsea (h) - 1

38 points and just safe. By my reckoning. That's taking 3 cumulative points from 3 big teams like and probably goes a bit against our home and away form. We might see a win at Palace or somewhere and losses at home vs Chelsea, Arsenal or Manchester United.

I just think we're playing more difficult teams at home and we'll see us shut up shop against them as opposed to going for it. I'd agree that away against the likes of Palace might see us win or lose like.

Worryingly, I thought my results were verging on optimistic rather than realistic too.