Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

While I was fairly confident we'd be 'okay', the more clubs below us that appear to be sorting their shit out, getting new managers in, throwing money at the transfer window, etc, the more I'm starting to worry. I mean THE only thing that will save us will be Rafa - and it'll be some feat if we don't get any decent players in before the end of January. I'm no longer confident in the slightest, it's feeling like I'm watching a slow motion car crash.

5 (if not 6 tops) more wins from the remaining 16 games sees us safe, doesn't sound too daunting on paper...

Exactly. Tbh you could probably say 4 wins and 2 - 3 draws might be enough. Rafa will do it, no doubt in my mind, though I suspect the wins might come from games we don't expect.

*Watford.

I do that more often than I care to mention. I can't stop.

Sinking like a stone at the moment. Supposedly their squad got unsettled when the manager made it clear he wanted to go to Everton.

Other scores have turned out ok, actually. Defeats for Huddersfield (to West Ham who are probably fine) and Brighton (WBA still 4pts behind us). But it's overshadowed by our result.

I don't have faith in our current squad and don't have faith that we'll add enough. Or anything.

I’m at an 8. There just isn’t enough quality in this squad and we are so obviously lacking quality to stick chances away. We have the look of a side who could likely get relegated. The lack of a takeover and Ashley being Ashley is almost the nail in the coffin for me.

Guest firetotheworks

Still on a 5 at the moment.

It sounds weird, because it's always this way really, but us not going down will be down to other teams and how they handle their position. We really need one or two teams to really solidify their place at the bottom.

I appear to have voted 7, which seems a bit OTT.  But I think after today, assuming we don't get 2-3 decent players in (which we clearly won't).  Then I think I am at a 7-8.  This squad is so bad, the players don't seem to fit the system and Rafa's tactics are cautious as fuck, meaning we need to take the few chances that come our way. 

Ultimately, the lack of a goalscorer will be our downfall, should we go down.  No goals in this team.

Win that today and things are looking way more comfortable in 11th. The benefits would have been immeasurable, confidence and everything.

The approach to the last 25mins today was a fucking joke, it was like we were playing to stay involved in the scrap. Not impressed at all.