Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Lost 2 in 9.

Only won 2 in 14.

Both of these stats show that we draw alot of games. We need goals to get on the right side of the "fine margins".

Slimani best be the second coming of prime Papiss Cisse.

:thup:

50/50 shot from here IMO.

I think we're improving, which is important. The fact we didn't lose today ought to give us a boost.

It's all about the home form, basically. Getting a point at Selhurst Park, where they've got Townsend, Zaha, PVA all running at you, Benteke to aim at and a boisterous crowd - that's not what gets you relegated. We've got Southampton, West Brom and Huddersfield all to come at St James' Park - that's where our season will be decided.

Our salvation might be that there are teams in the league that are very poor. Stoke, Wba and Huddersfield really are losing a lot. At least we are getting draws from here and there..

We'll be fine once Slimani comes in for Gayle.  Might as well have played with ten men today for what use he was.

This is what I worry about. A lot of people seem to have convinced themselves 'Oh it will all be fine in the end because Slimani will score the goals we need'. There's absolutely no guarantee of that at all.

9 points from Soton, Huddersfield and West Brom at home and we are safe I think.

Well yes, definitely, but that won't happen.

I'm more confident about beating either Man Utd or Bournemouth than Burnley & Palace though. I dunno..... today hasn't made me more pessimistic.

Still around a 7.

The worry is we don't beat or draw with the top 6, we can't beat those around us and we are hopeless either way at home.

The players are working hard and sticking to the gameplan though so hopefully soon we get some good fortune. Fixtures make me nervous though.

Guest firetotheworks

We'll be fine once Slimani comes in for Gayle.  Might as well have played with ten men today for what use he was.

This is what I worry about. A lot of people seem to have convinced themselves 'Oh it will all be fine in the end because Slimani will score the goals we need'. There's absolutely no guarantee of that at all.

There's a guarantee he's better than what we have and is more likely to score goals.

There's a guarantee he's better than what we have and is more likely to score goals.

And our approach play is improving, not least because of the arrival of Kenedy - but Diame has improved a lot recently, and so has Murphy. Perez too, tbh.

Guest firetotheworks

Can definitely see Swansea winning next week mind. There are a fair few matches between relegation battlers next week.