Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Hope Man U fuck it off and Wet Spam do us  The least Sports Direct FC deserves.

Fuck off then. That doesn't just apply to you, that applies to everyone who wants us down. Do you seriously think it will get him to sell?, it didn't the last time, in fact it just tightened his grip on us, the same will happen again. I'm not supporting Ashley here, what the owners and the majority of the players deserve is relegation, but the fans don't.

If this isn't your club and it's Sports Direct FC then fuck off, honestly, just fuck off talking about us, fuck off coming on message boards saying you want us to go down.

If your like me and you support NUFC and want us to stay up because you know going down won't help, because one day you hope Ashley sells up or dies in order order for us to be released from his control, because you hope one day it just goes right and we win something. If thats you then you can't wish us to go down.

People have a choice.

1. Wish we go down in some sort of faint hope that it teaches Ashley a lesson or serves him right.

2. Wish we stay up in the faint hope that something will happen to get us back to what we were in the future, because the fans don't deserve to see the club rot further.

If you chose option 1 then fuck off now, and never come back, when NUFC do come back you don't.

If you chose option 2 then no matter what happens on Sunday, if we fall or if we survive then you fight to get our club back, we stand together, in the Championship or in the Premier league, we target SD during the summer months, in the new season we ramp up our protests, we fight to get our club back, but we never hope that we lose.

http://otbva.com/forum/images/smilies2/th_awalkerhuh.png

:lol:

He's 100% right though.  Going down won't help, wanting us relegated is either stupidity or childish self indulgence.

We all hate whats going on, but what exactly is the point of wanting to see us burn?  It won't achieve a thing.

To be honest, I also do not understand the "i hope we get relegated" stance.

If we battled our way to an FA Cup final with 1-0 wins against League 2 teams, would people want us to lose the final because it would be embarrassing to win?

Relegation will not get rid of Ashley, 50,000 empty seats will not get rid of Ashley... someone to walk in with an acceptable offer is the only way to get rid of Ashley.

I completely agree that next week should be 90+ minutes of creating an atmosphere followed by a sit-in protest at our season/the way the club is being ran.

I hate the way our club is at the moment, but I certainly will celebrate on Sunday if we survive - I wont clap off the players and blow kisses at them, but I'll be delighted to have came through such an awful period.

Yey!

We survived another season so we get a chance to survive another season again next year. Hurray!! Woop woop.

Against the other option of "yay, we've been relegation so we get the chance to possibly come back up and then have the chance to survive again"?

What do people want? Us to be a Championship club forever?

With the squad we have, we're not going to be fighting for anything near the top 8 spots.

I think people need to get realistic and realise this - it is going to take major improvements for this to happen.

People have short memories, we were a Championship club not long ago - our club has been murdered under Ashley for years. We're not going to be magically fixed and healed the day he leaves.

On this day, we are fighting relegation - forgive me if I am happy that we do.

If we battled our way to an FA Cup final with 1-0 wins against League 2 teams, would people want us to lose the final because it would be embarrassing to win?

Relegation will not get rid of Ashley, 50,000 empty seats will not get rid of Ashley... someone to walk in with an acceptable offer is the only way to get rid of Ashley.

I completely agree that next week should be 90+ minutes of creating an atmosphere followed by a sit-in protest at our season/the way the club is being ran.

I hate the way our club is at the moment, but I certainly will celebrate on Sunday if we survive - I wont clap off the players and blow kisses at them, but I'll be delighted to have came through such an awful period.

50,000 empty seats would certainly get rid of Ashley, Sky and their lap dog media would make sure of that.

Yey!

We survived another season so we get a chance to survive another season again next year. Hurray!! Woop woop.

Against the other option of "yay, we've been relegation so we get the chance to possibly come back up and then have the chance to survive again"?

With the squad we have, we're not going to be fighting for anything near the top 8 spots.

I think people need to get realistic and realise this - it is going to take major improvements for this to happen.

People have short memories, we were a Championship club not long ago - our club has been murdered under Ashley for years. We're not going to be magically fixed and healed the day he leaves.

I think we would be magically healed if he leaves as long as whoever takes over isn't an evil piece of shit like Ashley.  But relegation won't remove this cunt from the club.

50,000 empty seats would certainly get rid of Ashley, Sky and their lap dog media would make sure of that.

We'd get a larger attendance in the Championship though, don't underestimate the draw of winning games.

Yey!

Stay up and absolutely nothing changes - guaranteed. Manager, owner, coaches, atmosphere, players, ambition - nothing will change. More of the same in perpetuity.

Go down and something positive could unfold. Wouldn't mind rolling the dice and finding out tbh. Taking a few steps back to clean the dogshit off our shoes wouldn't be the worst thing in the world imo. The club will be just fine in the long term, just needs a few uncomfortable years to get rid of it's parasite first.

We'd get a larger attendance in the Championship though, don't underestimate the draw of winning games.

As has been said, don't discount the tourists/one time visitors/corporate ticket holders/away fans that attend SJP each week.

The lowest our attendance would be in either the Prem or Champ is about 20k with a major boycott.

That'd still be enough to keep the club afloat and funded with a little extra Ashley loan.

Yey!

Stay up and absolutely nothing changes - guaranteed. Manager, owner, coaches, atmosphere, players, ambition - nothing will change. More of the same in perpetuity.

Go down and something positive could unfold. Wouldn't mind rolling the dice and finding out tbh. Taking a few steps back to clean the dogshit off our shoes wouldn't be the worst thing in the world imo. The club will be just fine in the long term, just needs a few uncomfortable years to get rid of it's parasite first.

I agree, nothing will change if we stay up. That's from the top, everything you listed is down to the tosser in charge of our club.

But going down, is more likely to have a negative effect than positive.

When we went down last time, did anything change? Did anything change when we came back up? No, because the same fat tosser is in charge.

Would Ashley sell if we went down? Definitely not, he'd make a bigger loss and he's a business man that only cares about his pocket. He wants £x amount for us and will not sell until he gets offered it. There is no way anybody would pay that for a Championship team.

Even if we go down, we protest, we burn down Ashley's home - we can make him want to sell, but we cant make somebody buy us.

We've in effect been for sale for the past 3/4/5 years, if Ashley was given an acceptable offer for us at any point he'd have snatched their hand off. But he hasn't.

The only possible positive I can see from going down, is the cheaper games and fact we might win a few.

Completely understand where you are coming from, but I guess if we all had the same opinion it'd be boring.

Yey!

I agree, nothing will change if we stay up. That's from the top, everything you listed is down to the tosser in charge of our club.

When we went down last time, did anything change? Did anything change when we came back up? No, because the same fat tosser is in charge.

Would Ashley sell if we went down? Definitely not, he'd make a bigger loss and he's a business man that only cares about his pocket. He wants £x amount for us and will not sell until he gets offered it. There is no way anybody would pay that for a Championship team.

Even if we go down, we protest, we burn down Ashley's home - we can make him want to sell, but we cant make somebody buy us.

We've in effect been for sale for the past 3/4/5 years, if Ashley was given an acceptable offer for us at any point he'd have snatched their hand off. But he hasn't.

The only possible positive I can see from going down, is the cheaper games and fact we might win a few.

Completely understand where you are coming from, but I guess if we all had the same opinion it'd be boring.

Fascinating stuff. Source?

Yey!

Didn't say it was a fact, matter of opinion - only time will tell on that one.

Yey!

You didn't just make some assumptions about the future, you also made some pretty definitive statements about what has or has not happened in the past few years, with no substance to back it up it seems.

Yey!

You didn't just make some assumptions about the future, you also made some pretty definitive statements about what has or has not happened in the past few years, with no substance to back it up it seems.

Well no, I posted my opinion on a internet forum.

Sorry I didn't explain before hand that it was my thoughts on the situation.

I've changed it for you, if it clearly bothered you that much.

I agree, I think nothing will change if we stay up. I think that's from the top, everything you listed is down to the tosser in charge of our club.

But I think going down, is more likely to have a negative effect than positive.

Would Ashley sell if we went down? I think not, I think he'd make a bigger loss and he's a business man so I thinkthat only cares about his pocket. I think he wants £x amount for us and will not sell until he gets offered it. I think there is no way anybody would pay that for a Championship team.

Even if we go down, we protest, we burn down Ashley's home - I think we can make him want to sell, but I don't think we can make somebody buy us.

I think we've in effect been for sale for the past 3/4/5 years, I think if Ashley was given an acceptable offer for us at any point I think he'd have snatched their hand off. But he hasn't.

:thup:

I would not be at all surprised if there has been interest for the club in recent years, but Ashley has been unwilling to negotiate a reasonable deal. What makes people think Ashley would sell if he could? He's onto an absolute winner here: the club is profitable, revenue is increasing and SD is getting continued global coverage. Maintain the status quo and he will happily be here in another 20 years imo.

:thup:

I like to disagree sometimes too, just to keep things interesting.

Think we are absolutely fucked.

We have let Hull off the hook and given them a reprieve against a Manure side that will have absolutely nothing to play for. Hull have a huge psychological advantage, where we have no piled all the pressure on against albeit west ham side in horrible form, but wanting to break that loss streak.

We will crumble..we will likely lose or draw will Hull beat Manure... possibly. Anything other than a win and we could he screwed. Scary times.

:lol: What do you do for a living again? 1/10 :huff:

Still think Sunderland are well in it, they could easily conceed 5 goals against Chelsea and Arsenal.

A point for us will put us above them based on that.

of coarse that relies on us getting a point which seems optimistic

The forums becoming a toxic place with things like Stifler's post and the subsequent reactions and personal attacks and the "tell me to fuck off in person" knuckle-flexing.

I understand that frustrations (passions!) are running high right now but divisions amongst ourselves is the worst thing we can do if we want Ashley out. It's literally the only way he will win. Let's focus on the practical ways to get rid of the fat fuck. Come what may on Sunday, there needs to be a massive fucklong protest that makes the world take notice.

The forums becoming a toxic place with things like Stifler's post and the subsequent reactions and personal attacks and the "tell me to fuck off in person" knuckle-flexing.

I understand that frustrations (passions!) are running high right now but divisions amongst ourselves is the worst thing we can do if we want Ashley out. It's literally the only way he will win. Let's focus on the practical ways to get rid of the fat fuck. Come what may on Sunday, there needs to be a massive fucklong protest that makes the world take notice.

The football bit's been toxic and divisive for quite some time, and I tend to avoid it tbh. I'm really only replying to applaud the invention of the word "fucklong", of which I innately know the meaning somehow. Well played.

The Chat board's much less angst-ridden.

It'll come down to the Hull match as we are clearly incapable of winning a match.

I'd imagine I'll still feel a bit gutted if we go down next weekend but to be honest I feel so far removed from NUFC and football in general right now that I'm all a bit numb/apathetic to it. The club serves no purpose at the moment so there's not much point being in the premier league anyway. Also the way the club is being run you feel we'd probably go down next season anyway.

Had the club brought in a manager even in a temporary basis with even the vaguest if clues in january we wouldn't be anywhere near this situation.

We might scrape a point next weekend but I can honestly just see another defeat.

This is the table the Monday after El Pards left.

The fucking state of it. 13 points clear of Leicester,10 points clear of Hull.

Absolutely shocking by Carver to get in this mess.

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff512/Scotty6682/11_zpsztwzcqft.png

The f***ing state of it. 13 points clear of Leicester,10 points clear of Hull.

Only a special kind of manager could do this.

The f***ing state of it. 13 points clear of Leicester,10 points clear of Hull.

We were closer to Europe than relegation back then! Only Carver could of got us into this mess, even a very average coach would of kept us in the top 13-15!