Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Newcastle have lost 75% of the matches they've played in the last 12 months across all competitions.

25% off being fully "consistent".

I bet that percentage is far higher if you add in the U21 and Youth teams.

My American fiancé made a good point when we were talking about this. She said she's watched games of ours and looked at our teams body language in the tunnel and taking the field and she says the players just have the defeatist attitude before they have even taken the field. The opposing team sense this and just take us to the cleaners

She compared this to consistent losing teams in the major sorts in the US and said its ingrained into these organisations from top down over and that's why these teams never do anything in the NFL,NBA,NHL MLB etc

She also said that weak willed coaches in the US have major issues trying to motivate players that have been superstars in the collegiate system yet they hit the big time earning millions of dollars they then lose the desire for the sport as it becomes more about the money

She's only been watching us for 18 months yet already she knows and can see why we are shit and constantly lose

My American fiancé made a good point when we were talking about this. She said she's watched games of ours and looked at our teams body language in the tunnel and taking the field and she says the players just have the defeatist attitude before they have even taken the field. The opposing team sense this and just take us to the cleaners

She compared this to consistent losing teams in the major sorts in the US and said its ingrained into these organisations from top down over and that's why these teams never do anything in the NFL,NBA,NHL MLB etc

She also said that weak willed coaches in the US have major issues trying to motivate players that have been superstars in the collegiate system yet they hit the big time earning millions of dollars they then lose the desire for the sport as it becomes more about the money

She's only been watching us for 18 months yet already she knows and can see why we are s*** and constantly lose

I think it's the perfect toxic combination of some players who genuinely don't give a shit anyway and the bulk of the squad completely losing faith in the manager.

I'm not actually bothered about being relegated to be honest. 15 years ago I'd have been gutted but as I get older and older I give less of a fuck about NUFC

I'm emigrating to the states in 3 months and not being able to see us get tanked every week on nbcsn will be bliss

The whole club has a losing mentality, even our kids are getting beat every week.

:thup:

I see the club as Mike Ashley's Sports Direct Utd these days not the Newcastle of old. It's just a vehicle for him and he occupies our club much like the larvae of a parasitic wasp occupies its host.

We're no longer here to compete beyond staying in the Premier League so it's no wonder the mentality is all wrong.

Right now a 6, going up to a 7 if we lose today.

WTF?[emoji38]

Probably about right although maybe up to an 8 if we lost. This thread is always ridiculously pessimistic. I remember loads of people were at 8 or 9s before the last game of last season, when looking at the fixtures and what needed to happen a 2 or 3 would have been more appropriate

WTF?[emoji38]

Probably about right although maybe up to an 8 if we lost. This thread is always ridiculously pessimistic. I remember loads of people were at 8 or 9s before the last game of last season, when looking at the fixtures and what needed to happen a 2 or 3 would have been more appropriate

can't see where that level of optimism comes from if mcclaren stays in charge

WTF?[emoji38]

can't see where that level of optimism comes from if mcclaren stays in charge

Well a 6 or 7 implies that we will probably get relegated but it is possible that Norwich and Sunderland could be worse than us, I'd call that realistic not optomistic

I'm at 9.5 in theory I suppose its possible we might get out of it but I've seen no evidence the players are good enough or even care enough to get out of trouble and no evidence McClaren has a clue what he's doing

Owner with no ambition

MD with no experience leading a prem club

Sham board

Manager with zero say in player recruitment

Has-been managrr, passed his sell by date

Team can't preform away from home at any level

Barely score goales away from home

Been in the bottom 4 or 5 for the majority of the season

Manager coming out with terrible excuses

Players look confused and unwilling

This has continued now threw Stevie wonder, pardew and carver.

Yeah I'm a fucking 9 tickling a 10. The signs have been there all season, you'd have to have toon tinted glasses to think nufc isn't in a drastic position with 10 games to go. The club is a strong mess from top to bottom.

This is the slowest moving train wreck ever. I feel like we should just be able to jump off and walk away faster than train's moving, but somehow we're stuck in our seats as it ever so gradually crashes and burns.