Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

As someone who purposely avoided our match because I'm sick of wasting time on these pieces of shit, the score doesn't seem as bad alongside Fulham's.

I'm sure the match was horrific and we don't seem able to score ANY GOAL AT ALL, but Fulham are a defensive sieve.

10 points from next four games would undoubtedly change everyone’s mind. Guessing 9, 8, 7, or even 6 points would instil a little hope. I expect us to win two or three and draw one or two of: Watford H, Bournemouth H, Burnley A, and West Ham H. Any less than six points and I’ll believe we likely to be relegated.

10 points from next four games would undoubtedly change everyone’s mind. Guessing 9, 8, 7, or even 6 points would instil a little hope. I expect us to win two or three and draw one or two of: Watford H, Bournemouth H, Burnley A, and West Ham H. Any less than six points and I’ll believe we likely to be relegated.

We wont win 2 or 3 of them games I can guarantee that, Bournemouth and Watford will teach us a footballing lesson and we wont get anything at Turf moor

We can't score goals, we'll be lucky to get six points out of those games tops.  Going down.

anyone that is lower than an 8 needs their head read to be honest. This team is absolutely woeful theres nothing to give you any hope or indication of them being able to win games and enough of them to remain in the league

Think we will finish bottom by a distance

Nah. You’re pretending Cardiff and Huddersfield don’t exist.

So much depends upon Fulham, Southampton, and Saha. I could see Burnley getting sucked in too - they were so poor at the beginning of the season and an injury or two would fuck them. Brighton seem to be well-organized enough to stay out of trouble. The things is, you’ve been shit, had a shitty set of fixtures, and haven’t had the breaks, yet you’re still in touch, with a not-disastrous GD.

Think Louis Saha will stay up tbh, he’s got the goals in him even if his legs have gone.

Was at a 10 last week, the shit around them is my only hope

You say hope, but what's the benefit in avoiding relegation ?

Don’t want to get into that mate, I will always want us to win, stay up etc, doesn’t mean I don’t want this cunt out, Ive given up going despite paying, that’s my protest as I changed my mind via thru the summer.

Was at a 10 last week, the shit around them is my only hope

You say hope, but what's the benefit in avoiding relegation ?

We won't always come straight back up as champions. At some point, we'll stay down for a few years.

We can't score goals, we'll be lucky to get six points out of those games tops.  Going down.

At the moment I can see us getting draws against the worst teams in the Premier, that won't be enough to get to 36 points. You can only hope Rondon's inclusion will make a massive difference, although he's only likely to contribute five or six goals at best.

At the moment I can see us getting draws against the worst teams in the Premier, that won't be enough to get to 36 points. You can only hope Rondon's inclusion will make a massive difference, although he's only likely to contribute five or six goals at best.

Cool we may break Derby's record with this scenario

Will be super embarrassing if we go down with less than 20 points.  I can see 17th place ending up surviving with a record low total (currently 34 points), such is the lack of quality in the bottom third of the league. If we continue to average 0.3 ppg as we currently are, we'll end up with 11/12 points(!).

Proper grim.

Only saving grace at the minute is the other shocking teams around us and the likelihood that Ashley will be forced to invest in January.  Bookies have us pretty much 2/1 to go down which should roughly translate as we'll be shite, but we'll probably be less shite than three others (pretty much what Rafa said).

Shit times to be a fan.  Best case - we continue to be makeweights in the division, worst case we become the next Derby.

The heady heights of Howay 5-0 and Milan are a lifetime away now.

We won't be the next Derby. I know it's really easy to feel that way because things are absolutely rancid atm, just as they were when we had that run November-December last year when we went winless in 9, losing 5 home games on the bounce, and not winning a home match between October and February last season. A spawny win like West Ham away last year will come from nowhere and end the run, could be Saturday, could be Bournemouth, who the hell knows.

It all feels worse than then because we had the (misleading) hope of the Staveley takeover. Now, we've got nowt and that's feeding onto the pitch. That is down to the fat cunt and his mates at the top.

We won't be the next Derby. I know it's really easy to feel that way because things are absolutely rancid atm, just as they were when we had that run November-December last year when we went winless in 9, losing 5 home games on the bounce, and not winning a home match between October and February last season. A spawny win like West Ham away last year will come from nowhere and end the run, could be Saturday, could be Bournemouth, who the hell knows.

It all feels worse than then because we had the (misleading) hope of the Staveley takeover. Now, we've got nowt and that's feeding onto the pitch. That is down to the fat cunt and his mates at the top.

We were scoring goals in that bad run though weren’t we? Not loads but more than at the moment.

We look like the least confident team in the country.

Guest neesy111

We were scoring goals in that bad run though weren’t we? Not loads but more than at the moment.

We look like the least confident team in the country.

Yeah, we were conceding goals which was the main issue during that run last season.

Similar problems were still rearing their head in some games in that run and even after it.

Burnley (a) L 0-1

Bournemouth (h) L 0-1

Everton (h) L 0-1

Arsenal (a) L 0-1

Brighton (h) D 0-0

Swansea (h) D 1-1

We also got punished like fuck at home to Watford, away at Man United and at Chelsea for defensive errors. That mixed with a misfiring forward line, despite scoring in those two away games, is a similar issue to now.

Guest reefatoon

Can’t help but feel the total negative way we went into the start of season has zapped any confidence from these bang average players. To the point now they just can’t get out of it. Might have kept the goal difference down, but playing to not get thrashed has decimated this useless bunch. Rafa probably thought he could pick and choose his fights, but the players now don’t look up for it at all and look completely defeated.

Like Keegan said, it’s all about building confidence. These players now look like they have non.

Can’t help but feel the total negative way we went into the start of season has zapped any confidence from these bang average players. To the point now they just can’t get out of it. Might have kept the goal difference down, but playing to not get thrashed has decimated this useless bunch. Rafa probably thought he could pick and choose his fights, but the players now don’t look up for it at all and look completely defeated.

Like Keegan said, it’s all about building confidence. These players now look like they have non.

Having ability helps as well and sadly 99% of the squad are limited with ability also. This is truly the worst top flight team I can remember in 40 years and the worst NUFC side ive seen since the Ossie Ardiles shite of 90-91 ( But at least that side had young prospects who really came good in Clark,Howey,Watson,Thompson,Elliot This one has fuck all about it)

Only v Chelsea and Man City did we play in the incredibly negative way the media love to stick the boot on our throat for. Against Tottenham we deserved a point at least, though the lack of quality and thus lack of efficiency in our transition and final pass in the last third has been gaping in the 0-0s. I do agree with your point on the whole but I personally think it's due to results mixed with horrid performances (Leicester, second half v Arsenal) and the rancid atmosphere about the club atm. Had the pen gone in at Cardiff I think we'd be looking at a totally different mood around the place.

A good weekend for us, looking at the results as a whole.

Our squad is so poor that it leaves few options to do it, but defensively we've been strong enough to suggest we could try and shift everything a bit more forward. One goal conceded against the four weakest teams we've faced, but only three points gained has been a waste.

A good weekend for us, looking at the results as a whole.

Our squad is so poor that it leaves few options to do it, but defensively we've been strong enough to suggest we could try and shift everything a bit more forward. One goal conceded against the four weakest teams we've faced, but only three points gained has been a waste.

1 goal conceded maybe but 0 scored

anyone that is lower than an 8 needs their head read to be honest. This team is absolutely woeful theres nothing to give you any hope or indication of them being able to win games and enough of them to remain in the league

Think we will finish bottom by a distance

Nah. You’re pretending Cardiff and Huddersfield don’t exist.

So much depends upon Fulham, Southampton, and Saha. I could see Burnley getting sucked in too - they were so poor at the beginning of the season and an injury or two would f*** them. Brighton seem to be well-organized enough to stay out of trouble. The things is, you’ve been s***, had a shitty set of fixtures, and haven’t had the breaks, yet you’re still in touch, with a not-disastrous GD.

Think Louis Saha will stay up tbh, he’s got the goals in him even if his legs have gone.

:lol: