Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

But but.. It was "job done" I thought..

‘‘Tis from me , can’t see them going down at all, gladly bet you £200 if you have the balls clever shite ?

Yes?

Just thought it was way too early to say either way. I wish you a pleasant weekend.

It may be , it’s my opinion, if it bites my arse fine, if it pleases you to get relegated great, not for me.

So are you bottling the bet?

‘‘Tis from me , can’t see them going down at all, gladly bet you £200 if you have the balls clever shite ?

Yes?

Just thought it was way too early to say either way. I wish you a pleasant weekend.

It may be , it’s my opinion, if it bites my arse fine, if it pleases you to get relegated great, not for me.

There is a difference between ignoring a dumb bet offer by a random on the internet and actually bottling a bet.

‘‘Tis from me , can’t see them going down at all, gladly bet you £200 if you have the balls clever s**** ?

Yes?

I'm 52/48 re staying up but that's not good, not the improvement that is alluded to, no justification for the drop off in performance, certainly not enough has been done at this point and a s**t season by any measure pre-Ashley.

Yes?

There is a difference between ignoring a dumb bet offer by a random on the internet and actually bottling a bet.

Fair do’s , it’s my opinion, and yes maybe way to early but in truth it was a bite to folk gutted that we won a football match, and they know it, the same smug fuckers wanking over another defeat, something I’d never do.

Yes?

"Bottling" the bet? Personally I never bet, I see no point in doing so because I don't really think winning or losing would make me feel any better or worse for it. Someone else's loss (hypothetically) especially wouldn't give me any satisfaction whatsoever. I guess we're all different, if that makes me a bottler then so be it :thup:

Theres nothing smug about wanting SDFC to crash and burn . I cheer every defeat and quite rightly too

Same going down is the only option to get rid of ashley , Boycotting worked until he pulled the free tickets out and if we do stay up so will the 10k mugs

‘‘Tis from me , can’t see them going down at all, gladly bet you £200 if you have the balls clever s**** ?

Yes?

Are u also offering 8-1. If not why the fuck would he bet you even money when he could get that price

Guest godzilla

Theres nothing smug about wanting SDFC to crash and burn . I cheer every defeat and quite rightly too

Same going down is the only option to get rid of ashley , Boycotting worked until he pulled the free tickets out and if we do stay up so will the 10k mugs

Really worked well the last two times we went down also

Guest The Little Waster

I want us to go down as many divisions as it takes to get rid of Ashley . No half measures full speed ahead 🤪

Guest godzilla

I want us to go down as many divisions as it takes to get rid of Ashley . No half measures full speed ahead 🤪

Won't get rid of him as he will do exactly the same and that is spend to make sure they go straight back up. As I keep saying if you want the team to get beat every time, go and support a different team as Ashley is here for years due to his inflated price (plus the additional prices he then puts on top). Any pressure put on (i.e. the boycott) will just see him do as he just has and give tickets away to stop the flack.

He will leave when it starts costing him £££ .

Cost him money the last two times we were relegated, yet he didn't neave

What would you do to attempt to get rid of him? Assuming you want to that is.

Guest godzilla

Which is why more people need to walk away and SDFC needs to continually get relegated

Some have walked away and he just gives 10,000 tickets away, so that doesn't work. He wouldn't allow the club to continually get relegated that's the point. He will just make sure they come straight back up.

Which is why more people need to walk away and SDFC needs to continually get relegated

Some have walked away and he just gives 10,000 tickets away, so that doesn't work. He wouldn't allow the club to continually get relegated that's the point. He will just make sure they come straight back up.

We’re not guaranteed to come back up even if we spend loads of money. We could quite easily stay down.

Guest godzilla

We’re not guaranteed to come back up even if we spend loads of money. We could quite easily stay down.

They have the last couple of times pretty comfortably and even if they stay down a year or two they will come back up as he will spend to make sure they do. Villa, West Ham and West Brom have shown that over the last few years. The only clubs who have not are the ones who were only in the premier league for one year or were financially f***ed like Leeds and the mackems.

Buyers will also not be interested in buying a Championship club on his terms as he won't lower the price much.

Because we came straight back up. Remains to be seen what happens it we stay down.

Exactly. A sustained period of time away from the PL would test his resolve to keep us. Its the only thing that hasn't happened yet, may not even work tbh but continued survival means he's here forever. Survival = Ashley stays. Guaranteed.

Guest godzilla

Because we came straight back up. Remains to be seen what happens it we stay down.

He won't allow them to stay down as he will just finance to ensure they come up in a year or two. Villa, West Ham and West Brom (looking like twice ths year) have came up after staying down more than a year.

Aye, it's all that's left to try. As long as we're his most secure business venture, he isn't going anywhere (compare the revenue potential of a stable PL club with that of a high street outfit, ffs). The stock was as high as it could be with Rafa, it's the most money he could have ever got for us, yet he stayed.

He won't allow them to stay down as he will just finance to ensure they come up in a year or two. Villa, West Ham and West Brom (looking like twice ths year) have came up after staying down more than a year.

Throwing money at it isn't a guaranteed return. Our own Steve Bruce proved this at Villa. Ashley's problem now is that no manager of any quality will touch us, and that's in the premier league. When we go down next time, Ashley is fucked.

Guest godzilla

Throwing money at it isn't a guaranteed return. Our own Steve Bruce proved this at Villa. Ashley's problem now is that no manager of any quality will touch us, and that's in the premier league. When we go down next time, Ashley is f***ed.

What league are Villa in now though that's the point. If we did go down then I would put money on we would be back within 2 year and probably the following season. Think a lot of people on here are kidding themselves if they think relegation would get rid of Ashley. By the way Bruce has been promoted a few times proving it doesn't take a top quality manager to get out of that league.