Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Guest Phil K

One damning thing about the failures of 2012-13 against the relegated of 2009 - the defence. They weren't good then, but are a SHAMBLES now. WHY ? 

Why isn't there anyone involved in trying to put it right ? AND the fitness level. Pardew is being found out big time.

The only thing stopping us from being in the relegation zone by the end of next week is that two of the three teams standing in our way, play each other that weekend :lol:

We can, and probably should, get something from Norwich - they've some dreadful players and their 'stars' - bassong, ruddy, hoolahan, garrido, tettey, snodgrass, Holt (when he can be arsed) are several notches below ours. Compare those players to our equivalents in Coloccini, Krul, Cabaye, Debuchy/Santon, Tiote/Anita, Marveaux, Cisse. There's a massive gulf there. they also have quite a few injuries.

Their peripheral players are pretty much crap too.

Unfortunately for us Hughton has them playing good stuff, they can keep the ball AND mix it up by going direct, he is getting the best out of dross and morale is high despite 4 recent defeats. but if they play like they have the past few months - and we do the same - we'll be turned over easily.

It's the kind of match where a new manager might be the difference for us imo, just by trying new things on the training ground, morale being lifted and forcing all our players to give that bit extra for a new boss.

Norwich aren't dross. They finished 12th last season and have added 2 very good players I've liked for a long time in Snodgrass and Bassong in addition to Tettey who looks a lovely little DM.

I never said they were.

I've highlighted their star players and our equivalents are significantly better in every respect. But some of their peripheral players, who get a lot of game time, actually are dross, and Hughton's making them look like mid-table stuff easily. As did Lambert before him, to his credit, who imo did a better job than Rodgers last season. The likes of morison, jackson, kane, howson, bunn, bennett, whitaker, johnson, pilkington, turner, martin, barnett however are exactly the kind of players i'd expect to see at a side mired in the bottom three. Yet pilkington, for instance, has 4 goals and 1 assist in his last 10. Signs of a manager getting the very best out of the players at hand - how revolutionary.

Guest ItalianMagpie

Seriously if the club does not find a CB then it deserves to be relegated.

There's definitely some truth in this, the need has been clear for ages. January signings are tough but we need this badly.

If we sign a CB who's gonna sit out? Saylor? Or the new guy when Saylor is fit? Who would come to warm our bench in January?

Guest neesy111

There's definitely some truth in this, the need has been clear for ages. January signings are tough but we need this badly.

If we sign a CB who's gonna sit out? Saylor? Or the new guy when Saylor is fit? Who would come to warm our bench in January?

Saylor shouldn't be 2nd choice. Not at all.  It's clear that Colo needs a rest along with Santon.

Guest ItalianMagpie

Saylor shouldn't be 2nd choice. Not at all.  It's clear that Colo needs a rest along with Santon.

But that's the problem then, it's not easy to find someone good enough to give us quality but at the same time ready to sit on the bench most of the time. At these conditions we could only sign another Williamson  :hmm:

Norwich aren't dross. They finished 12th last season and have added 2 very good players I've liked for a long time in Snodgrass and Bassong in addition to Tettey who looks a lovely little DM.

I never said they were.

I've highlighted their star players and our equivalents are significantly better in every respect. But some of their peripheral players, who get a lot of game time, actually are dross, and Hughton's making them look like mid-table stuff easily. As did Lambert before him, to his credit, who imo did a better job than Rodgers last season. The likes of morison, jackson, kane, howson, bunn, bennett, whitaker, johnson, pilkington, turner, martin, barnett however are exactly the kind of players i'd expect to see at a side mired in the bottom three. Yet pilkington, for instance, has 4 goals and 1 assist in his last 10. Signs of a manager getting the very best out of the players at hand - how revolutionary.

Norwich are team same went for Everton last night, like we were last season; currently we're a collection of individuals.

Guest neesy111

I never said they were.

Norwich are team same went for Everton last night, like we were last season; currently we're a collection of individuals.

Have we ever looked like a team this season barring the mackems game?

Guest neesy111

But that's the problem then, it's not easy to find someone good enough to give us quality but at the same time ready to sit on the bench most of the time. At these conditions we could only sign another Williamson  :hmm:

We should be going out to sign a top quality defender who will play alongside Coloccini.  Many clubs have 4 CB's on their books.

Guest hatem garrincha

If all the injured players are fit and if Pardew picks the best team, if he forgets the like of Jonas or Shola, and sticks to one system built around his (lot of) technical players, there's absolutely no reason to fear a relegation battle. That team is too good for that.

We failed massively last time around against "poorer teams". (southampton, westham and swansea games). I hope we can step it up next time around, but im not convinced we will at all. Couldn't even beat Villa at home.

That is absolutely disgusting.

I know it isn't really comparable, but we would be bottom of the Championship form table as well. Huddersfield Town are rooted to the bottom of the form table but have managed to get 4 points from their last 6 games.

http://www.footballformguide.net/form/npower-championship

Edit - out of the 92 professional league clubs, over the last 6 games, only Bury and Colchester have performed worse than Alan Pardew's Newcastle United. We're on par (form-wise) with Portsmouth, currently in the relegation zone of League 1.

Make of that what you will - different leagues I know, but in terms of a team's performance in the league they are competing in on merit, we are easily one of the shittest in England/Wales.

Of everyone down there, we're the only ones playing beneath our capabilities. Surely that must change? Even if it's just a 3-4 win streak at some point, I really don't think we can continue to get these results for another 5 months.

We can only properly gauge that at the end of Jan. If the poor results persist against the lower sides, then in my opinion, things aren't going to change.

The Norwich game will go a long way to telling us.

Quite glad we are playing away next, too tense at home at the moment. Norwich game is pretty huge. We lose that and teams like them are really pulling away from us and leaving us adrift with the hangers on.