Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

In the relegation zone by the time we play QPR...

If that happens even a win against QPR probably won't even be enough. You just know Wigan are winning that Villa game. The writing is on the wall for their final two games, defeat at Arsenal and 3 points against Villa. It's all about WBA and Swansea in the next 7 days and a bit.

If that happens even a win against QPR probably won't even be enough. You just know Wigan are winning that Villa game. The writing is on the wall for their final two games, defeat at Arsenal and 3 points against Villa. It's all about WBA and Swansea in the next 7 days and a bit.

Don't think you can back Wigan to beat Villa after what we saw tonight.

If Wigan need a last day win then they'll get it

you think wigan will beat WBA and Swansea? I doubt it.

I don't see why not like, they pushed Spurs close the other day and WBA and Swansea have zero motivation to pull up any trees.

If Wigan needs last day win then they'll get it

Have to fancy that Benteke will absolutely maul them IMO.

Guest bimpy474

Problem is Villa are just as likely to get humped 6-1, they're so up and down. Young players i guess.

I don't see why not like, they pushed Spurs close the other day and WBA and Swansea have zero motivation to pull up any trees.

Well for me, they havent just become a team that can go and gets wins whenever they want. WBA is a tough place to go and they had a great win on saturday. Wigans form is marginally better than ours. Swansea aye, west brom away I dont think so

Just out of interest, what sort of mentality does it take to consign your own team to relegation even before the deed is done? If you were being seen by a doctor in a hospital to find out if you've got cancer or not, would you go in to the consultation room having already played out your funeral and cremation in your head before you'd even heard the prognosis? Or would you maybe wait to see what could actually be the reality by taking things day by day?

Just a thought...

After what I've seen this weekend I wouldn't be surprised if Wigan win all of their last 4 games and we lose 4 nil in all of ours!

Nah but seriously, we should have beat West Brom if we played for two halves, Wigan are looking bettee than us so I'd say they win there. Swansea have only won once - against us - since the end of February, can easily see Wigan winning that.

Well for me, they havent just become a team that can go and gets wins whenever they want. WBA is a tough place to go and they had a great win on saturday. Wigans form is marginally better than ours. Swansea aye, west brom away I dont think so

30 24 March 2012 Liverpool 1 – 2 Wigan Athletic Liverpool [show]

31 31 March 2012 Wigan Athletic 2 – 0 Stoke City Wigan [show]

32 7 April 2012 Chelsea 2 – 1 Wigan Athletic London [show]

33 11 April 2012 Wigan Athletic 1 – 0 Manchester United Wigan [show]

34 16 April 2012 Arsenal 1 – 2 Wigan Athletic London [show]

35 21 April 2012 Fulham 2 – 1 Wigan Athletic London [show]

36 28 April 2012 Wigan Athletic 4 – 0 Newcastle United Wigan [show]

37 7 May 2012 Blackburn Rovers 0 – 1 Wigan Athletic Blackburn [show]

38 13 May 2012 Wigan Athletic 3 – 2 Wolverhampton Wanderers Wigan [show]

I'm not so sure.  They won when they wanted when it mattered towards the end of last season.  We'll see, I hope you're right.

Wigan away felt a bit like that Fulham game in the relegation season with nothing going right and not getting a result. Really hope we can get a win against West Ham because otherwise I think the other teams around us will get even more confidence and we are rock bottom at the minute. Pardew is a complete joke. I try to support the team as much as possible, but for him to field negative line ups each week he is clueless. We might as well go 4-4-2 and play a defensive midfielder and an attacking player behind the strikers. We need to get more service into Cisse so have Ben Arfa supporting him just off the shoulder with Sissoko behind them. I would probably put Cabaye and Gouffran tucked inside on the left and right. Tiote with the simple instruction to break up play in the defensive midfielder role and give the ball to a player in front of him. For the defence we need Collocini back to have a bit of leadership, tell the others where to be and keep the fullbacks in check or support them when they are outnumbered. It sounds really basic, but we haven't been doing it.