Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

We were fine today, the only problem is that it brings the mackems right back into it.

But we're a good team.

Good teams win games.

They mostly do. We know there were extenuating circumstances today.

Even the shite team of the past 5 derbies stayed up.

Did they have 6 points after 10 games?

No, but did they face 6 of last year's top 8 in their first 8? Plus West Ham, who seem to be beating everyone.

I'm not saying we're going to crack the top 10, just that we've had the toughest start out of everyone and that we're starting to improve. If we mess up this good run of fixtures, then it's time to panic.

The happiest thing about this weekends games is that I have watched both Sunderland and Palace and I can honestly see them both going down

Suspect the bottom five are locked in now, maybe one more to join but hard to see who. Thankfully after last weeks win we're not adrift too far but it looks bleak. Thought the one thing that McClaren would improve would be the defence, how wrong I was. It was shit, now it's worse.

I always believe around this time of the season you can add 6 points to your total and look at where that would get you- as there is easily realistically enough games to gain 2 more wins than anyone around you. Of course that works the other way, dont even need to look at what -6 points would do.

The run of fixtures from now til Xmas is huge. don't want to put a number on it atm but the next 7 or 8 games will decide which division we play in next year.

If we're still in the bottom 3 at the end of next month, Ashley will have to take action if we are to survive. Either a change in management or a few January panic buys.

Have to say I wish I could be as optimistic as the "we'll be OK" fans. I've not seen any evidence to suggest we won't be fighting relegation all season. Few teams have looked as bad as us.

Guest neesy111

I always believe around this time of the season you can add 6 points to your total and look at where that would get you- as there is easily realistically enough games to gain 2 more wins than anyone around you. Of course that works the other way, dont even need to look at what -6 points would do.

http://socialinns.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/leonardo-dicaprio-inception-movie-meme-face.jpg

Whoever thinks we are a good team wants their head read. We are a fragile mentally weak pile of shit. 22 goals conceded in 10 games proves that. We concede for fun at around 2.2 goals per game so far. Shit teams can't keep scoring 3 to win

6 points after 10 games means at least 32 from remaining 28. I'll be amazed if we stay up to be honest

Based on the last four-five games, our attack looks mid-table, which it didn't in the first five games. That's not just off the Norwich game btw. However, I'm only talking about the first team, and the backups go from poor to very poor.

Our defence is still bottom three, going back to the Pardew era, and now has Rob Eliot in it.

So, it's going to be a rough season. I think our attack has the required 9 wins in it easily, but our defence and midfield cover are still capable of effing things up for them.

Depends how much that result has killed the players' confidence.  But more importantly, how it has affected McClaren.  I thought we were great first half, without creating too many clear cut chances.  Played on the front foot (fuck you Pardew) and dominated the game, really.  I just hope McClaren doesn't go into his shell and try and change up how we play.  The defence is horrendous, so we may as well keep with the attacking approach.

If we curl up and try and play negatively, the same way Pardew did in the past.  Then I think we'll go down with an extremely low points total.  Keep on like we have the last two games and I think it's 13th-14th and out of trouble with games to spare. 

With current manager a solid 8/9 out of 10. He is proving himself a rapid failure, actually considering his last moths within management, he is just proving that he is a failure.

Change and down to 5/6.

We are a poor side. defensively and in midfield.

With a new manager our chances improve imo, and of course massive, targeted and wise spending in January.

With current manager a solid 8/9 out of 10. He is proving himself a rapid failure, actually considering his last moths within management, he is just proving that he is a failure.

Change and down to 5/6.

We are a poor side. defensively and in midfield.

With a new manager our chances improve imo, and of course massive, targeted and wise spending in January.

What, reagardless of who the new man is? What if it's Kinnear or Carver?

Very tough games coming up. By the time we play Everton on boxing day we'll be doing well to have 15 points. Very well.

The more I think about it the more fucked I think we are- not that it really matters tbh. If going down means Ashley is more willing to sell then let it be.

We're more than quarter of the way through the season now and we've amassed 6 points. We've looked a decent team at times and a total shambles more often than not. Villa will be hoping for a new manager bounce, mackems carry a lot of luck and none of the 3 promoted teams look like they'll flounder the way QPR and to a lesser extent Burnley did last season.

I think we're going down this year.