Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

:lol: How come, does he hate Carrick?

I've never been that massive on him either tbh but it's a no-brainer on an 18-month deal given our other options, him being local, and his considerable experience.  If we're determined to play 2 central midfielders as we have been then I think we'd see much better results with Anita-Carrick than Anita-Colback.

Would be an improvement alright but don't think he'd have the legs at this stage to be good for a team that won't be dominating possession

:lol: How come, does he hate Carrick?

I've never been that massive on him either tbh but it's a no-brainer on an 18-month deal given our other options, him being local, and his considerable experience.  If we're determined to play 2 central midfielders as we have been then I think we'd see much better results with Anita-Carrick than Anita-Colback.

Absolutely loathes him if I remember correctly. I'd happily have him over Anita/Colback though. Massive upgrade, especially for half a season.

As I say I've never been a huge fan either, I do think he'd slot in well currently though and would bring some much needed assuredness to the side.

It's a pointless discussion anyway, we don't sign players like that anymore but I'm saying we should in some circumstances.

As an aside, it always pissed me off that we let Spurs get Carrick off West Ham so we could sign Butt, apparently at the wish of Shepherd rather than Robson.

As I say I've never been a huge fan either, I do think he'd slot in well currently though and would bring some much needed assuredness to the side.

It's a pointless discussion anyway, we don't sign players like that anymore but I'm saying we should in some circumstances.

As an aside, it always p*ssed me off that we let Spurs get Carrick off West Ham so we could sign Butt, apparently at the wish of Shepherd rather than Robson.

Ahh, how we'd all long for the early Butt days again. (I think).

Was such a daft decision, both players had similar fees and we went for the one that was over-the-hill.  Despite the other being from Wallsend and probably gagging to sign.

Spurs ended up quadrupling their money (or more) after he did a great job for them, while we plodded along with Nicky Butt.  The highlight of his NUFC career was the moment he lost his mind and did an overhead kick in the Championship for no reason, other than that he generally hoofed it out of play every time the ball got near him.

Was such a daft decision, both players had similar fees and we went for the one that was over-the-hill.  Despite the other being from Wallsend and probably gagging to sign.

Spurs ended up quadrupling their money (or more) after he did a great job for them, while we plodded along with Nicky Butt.  The highlight of his NUFC career was the moment he lost his mind and did an overhead kick in the Championship for no reason, other than that he generally hoofed it out of play every time the ball got near him.

It was the way he used to look up, ala Beckham, pick his pass, then boot it out for a goal-kick that used to get me most.

Bournemouth showing all the signs of a club mounting a genuine escape bid...their heads are up despite losing to us(undeservedly)at home and they have since beaten 2 good sides - at least, better than us.

Norwich managed a point against Everton yesterday so all the pressure is FIRMLY on NUFC - we are in my opinion, now the favourites to take one of the 3 relegation places, especially if there is a heavy defeat against Spurs today because morale will once again be rock-bottom.

If we lose at Spurs and fail to beat Villa, my bottom 3 will be NUFC, Villa and possibly Norwich.

Bournemouth showing all the signs of a club mounting a genuine escape bid...their heads are up despite losing to us(undeservedly)at home and they have since beaten 2 good sides - at least, better than us.

Norwich managed a point against Everton yesterday so all the pressure is FIRMLY on NUFC - we are in my opinion, now the favourites to take one of the 3 relegation places, especially if there is a heavy defeat against Spurs today because morale will once again be rock-bottom.

If we lose at Spurs and fail to beat Villa, my bottom 3 will be NUFC, Villa and possibly Norwich.

We are now the favourites for a bottom 3 finish? You do know that Villa are 6 points off 19th already and 7 off ourselves?

We are now the favourites for a bottom 3 finish? You do know that Villa are 6 points off 19th already and 7 off ourselves?

Yeah, and that leaves two spots no?

I thought 'bottom 3' meant that  3 go down....not just one.

Does the fact that Villa are currently 7 points worse off than us make it any less likely that we will go down as well..?

Lose this and to Villa they would only be 4 points behind us. They would probably be still buggered but we wouldn't be far off. Can't lose next week.

;)

Wanna bet

TBH I fancy we will both be disappearing this season, question is who will be joining us imo

Not saying we won't but we can't afford to. There will no doubt be a new catastrophe of our own making.