Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

7.  I'm still worried we'll throw away all our good recent work and lose to Villa.  If we beat them, then I think it's more like a 4 or 5.  3 wins on the bounce and pretty much finishing off one of our relegation rivals in the process, would be huge.

fully expect some of the mid table sides to hit the buffers at some point over the winter- squads start to feel the strain etc- so its still all to play for ,for everyone in the lower half of the league.

Was hilarious reading Mackems claiming they were down last night after our result- WTf,  how?

An important thing that is overlooked is that so far Bournemouth have had a good set of results, now it's unlikely to last and things will probably get back on top of them, but the thing that is overlooked is that so far we have matched them. Everyone is talking about Bournemouth getting two excellent results, and they were, but in that time we have got two excellent results ourselves and kept with them. The focus is mostly on Bournemouth, and we have been able to go under the radar a little. If we can keep the pace with them and when their results stop still be grinding out results (even draws) then we have a major advantage. Over the two weeks we could have been cut adrift, Norwich have even managed to pick up a decent point away to Everton.

fully expect some of the mid table sides to hit the buffers at some point over the winter- squads start to feel the strain etc- so its still all to play for ,for everyone in the lower half of the league.

Was hilarious reading Mackems claiming they were down last night after our result- WTf,  how?

Swansea, WBA, and I have a funny feeling about Stoke will all drop off. Stoke for their performances have got a decent amount of points on there, but if they continue to play like they did against us then they will fall down the league. I think Leicester and Watford will fall away as well, I think Stoke, Watford, and obviously Leicester already have enough points to be able to have a bad 2nd half of the season. The others though, I wouldn't expect them be comfortable for a little while.

An important thing that is overlooked is that so far Bournemouth have had a good set of results, now it's unlikely to last and things will probably get back on top of them, but the thing that is overlooked is that so far we have matched them. Everyone is talking about Bournemouth getting two excellent results, and they were, but in that time we have got two excellent results ourselves and kept with them. The focus is mostly on Bournemouth, and we have been able to go under the radar a little. If we can keep the pace with them and when their results stop still be grinding out results (even draws) then we have a major advantage. Over the two weeks we could have been cut adrift, Norwich have even managed to pick up a decent point away to Everton.

One thing people always seem to forget is the fact it is up to the teams below us to out perform us by way of obtaining more points that us. I know that sounds simple but for every draw/win we get above the 3 teams in the relegation zone and the other below us - then the bigger the gap and the harder it becomes to bridge that gap.

There is no point as to be saying we need this or we need that - so long as we keep a trying attitude, and the teams below us get fewer points - the onus will be on them to win, and by which more pressure will be brought to bear and some teams, if not already, will crack, as I think Villa have - and i don't think Garde has the ability to change it at present.

One thing people always seem to forget is the fact it is up to the teams below us to out perform us by way of obtaining more points that us. I know that sounds simple but for every draw/win we get above the 3 teams in the relegation zone and the other below us - then the bigger the gap and the harder it becomes to bridge that gap.

There is no point as to be saying we need this or we need that - so long as we keep a trying attitude, and the teams below us get fewer points - the onus will be on them to win, and by which more pressure will be brought to bear and some teams, if not already, will crack, as I think Villa have - and i don't think Garde has the ability to change it at present.

Pretty much what I was trying to say. We haven't let Bournemouth get away from us (so far), because of that both us and Bournemouth have put ourselves in a much better position. This is the reason why the likes of Villa are must wins for us, because in 1 game we can kill two birds with 1 stone. If we beat our relegation rivals then those wins alone should be enough to keep us safe, you can then look at any points you earn of others, say the likes of Everton as bonus points.

Can see big Sam using his contacts in January and putting a poor technically but solid squad together, they will no doubt scrape by and stay up.

When's Johnsons trial?

Surprised he hasn't snapped up Nolan. In fact it's a surprise Nolan hasn't got at least a Championship club yet.

17th placed teams from last 5 years:

14/15 - 38

13/14 - 36

12/13 - 39

11/12 - 37

10/11 - 40

Taking the lowest of 36, if we beat Villa on Saturday, they'll need 30 points from 21 games.

How to get 30 points from 21:

7 wins, 9 draws, 5 losses (not gonna happen)

8 wins, 6 draws, 7 losses

9 wins, 3 draws, 9 losses

From 1 win in 17 to needing 8 or 9 in 21? Surely they're pretty much down already?

Can see big Sam using his contacts in January and putting a poor technically but solid squad together, they will no doubt scrape by and stay up.

When's Johnsons trial?

Then, the same again next season when they sack BSA 2 games before the derby game, they beat us and he goes on to say how he could manage Madrid.

17th placed teams from last 5 years:

14/15 - 38

13/14 - 36

12/13 - 39

11/12 - 37

10/11 - 40

Taking the lowest of 36, if we beat Villa on Saturday, they'll need 30 points from 21 games.

How to get 30 points from 21:

7 wins, 9 draws, 5 losses (not gonna happen)

8 wins, 6 draws, 7 losses

9 wins, 3 draws, 9 losses

From 1 win in 17 to needing 8 or 9 in 21? Surely they're pretty much down already?

Over a season that'd be top 6-8 form.  Can't see them doing it personally, would be a massive turnaround.  Their only real hope is that another three teams have a huge collapse in form.