Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

We need a true purple patch to stay up imo. We'll need to win at least 1 game that we shouldn't. One of the home games against a top 4 side or more likely at WHL where we have a decent record considering how bad we are against other better teams away.

There will be a team that simply falls like a rock. 1 win in 10.  I thought Huddersfield would have a run like that but they haven't.

Another team will win 4 out of 5 or 5 in 7 or something to steer out of trouble. I hope it's us.

For me - we should really aim to finish above 1 of Huddersfield or Brighton. I'm not worried about the rest. If we finish above 1 of those, we'll stay up.

We need a true purple patch to stay up imo. We'll need to win at least 1 game that we shouldn't. One of the home games against a top 4 side or more likely at WHL where we have a decent record considering how bad we are against other better teams away.

We're going to struggle to win at WHL this season

Guest neesy111

It really does emphasise how essential it is to beat Swansea because it's hard to pick out the next win.

Yeap, unlike previous PL seasons this is the most we have struggled to get a win against the top lot.

Swansea (h) - 3

Man City (a) - 0

Burnley (h) - 1

Palace (a) - 1

Man United (h) - 1

Bournemouth (a) - 1

Liverpool (a) - 0

Southampton (h) - 1

Tottenham (a) - 0

Huddersfield (h) - 3

Leicester (a) - 0

Arsenal (h) - 1

Everton (a) - 0

West Brom (h) - 3

Watford (a) - 0

Chelsea (h) - 1

38 points and just safe. By my reckoning. That's taking 3 cumulative points from 3 big teams like and probably goes a bit against our home and away form. We might see a win at Palace or somewhere and losses at home vs Chelsea, Arsenal or Manchester United.

We'll win a couple away from home

It’s always a struggle but luck has been on our side.

Woosh.

whoosh :lol:

It really does emphasise how essential it is to beat Swansea because it's hard to pick out the next win.

Despite Burnley's great season, I would be disappointed if we didn't target that for a potential win.

whoosh :lol:

'kin hell :lol:

Start of the season: All that matters is we stay up

Win a few games: Oh, we should be going for mid table

Losing run: All that matters is that we stay up

Easy cup tie after just getting out of relegation zone: Risk it all for a cup run, we never take them seriously

Guessing next is:

Go out of cup next round: All that matter is we stay up

:lol:

(Look i understand the excitement of people wanting to do well in cups after sacrificing them for so long, but one more season wont matter once we have the squad capable of competing on a few fronts not just surviving in the drop, well hopefully)

Jesus [emoji38]

As someone mentioned earlier, us staying up will require another purple patch similar to the one we had earlier this season.

With a little bit of luck as well (unexpected win / draws here or there + results going our way), that will see us through. Going by the amount of teams potentially in it, no way the required points will be 40..

Guest firetotheworks

I reckon 34 points may be 17th this season. 37 to make certain.

I'm starting to think it'll go the other way and we'll need a higher points total because it's so competitive. Hopefully Swansea and West Brom start to get properly cut adrift.

I'm starting to think it'll go the other way and we'll need a higher points total because it's so competitive. Hopefully Swansea and West Brom start to get properly cut adrift.

Highest totals to be relegated (last ten years) are 39 followed by 37 (us 2016). Usually 3-5 points lower.

Guest firetotheworks

Highest totals to be relegated (last ten years) are 39 followed by 37 (us 2016). Usually 3-5 points lower.

I feel like this is an unusual season tbh.