Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

I can't see Newcastle staying up with Bruce as manager. He is out of his depth at this level then there is the fact a solid defence last season is now leaking lots of goals, there is not enough quality in centre midfield and there is not enough goals in the team as well. Even if Newcastle sacked Bruce this week they would probably just replace with someone like Moyes who was someone Ashley wanted I think when McClaren was sacked.

If the club does get relegated then I hope its one of those humiliating relegations like Villa a few years ago because the last two relegations have been close run things where then some people point at missed chances like de Jong against Villa years ago as to why the club got relegated.

Guest chopey

If Bruce stays in charge relegation is a formality, however I still think Ashley will be sensible and turn to Houghton but it wouldn't surprise me if the King returned

For me it's us, Watford & Brighton that are going down. Spurs just gifted them goals in that game.

I’d be very surprised if Norwich survive.

Bottom 3 at present going to have to go some to stay up. Norwich struggling like mad to keep players fit and can’t defend. We’re utterly s**** as are Watford. Sheffield Utd will be there or thereabouts too as they look pretty toothless.

Watford are the most likely of the current bottom 3 to stay up just because I think the quality of players they have in midfield and up front.

Ray Houghton is done at this level  ;)

Ashley won’t turn to Hughton and Hughton wouldn’t come back here after what Ashley did to him. Not a chance.

The King more likely but I don’t think even he would come back after being found out and hounded out by us.

IF Bruce gets the boot (which I think he won’t, even if we get relegated) I’m betting it’ll be another PFM like Fat Sam or Moyes. That tit Nolan was up to something too so I wouldn’t be surprised if he turned up along with Fat Sam.

Ashley won’t turn to Hughton and Hughton wouldn’t come back here after what Ashley did to him. Not a chance.

The King more likely but I don’t think even he would come back after being found out and hounded out by us.

IF Bruce gets the boot (which I think he won’t, even if we get relegated) I’m betting it’ll be another PFM like Fat Sam or Moyes. That tit Nolan was up to something too so I wouldn’t be surprised if he turned up along with Fat Sam.

I’ve seen this theory spread several times and it’s just plain bizarre. Like a bird who has fucked you over

I’ve seen this theory spread several times and it’s just plain bizarre. Like a bird who has fucked you over

I know. I don’t get it either. Just cannot fathom the logic to it.

I know. I don’t get it either. Just cannot fathom the logic to it.

Hughton was too close to the fans for Ashley's liking, and wasn't bullshitting us as he would like. So Ashley got Pardew, the master of bullshit in. I can't for the life of me either see why people keep saying he'll be back.

There’s two possibilities with Bruce. Either they’re thick enough to believe he could keep NUFC up this season, or they don’t care about relegation. In the latter case they might just keep Bruce in place.

I'd go for the second option. Plus Ashley wants to get one over the fans again. He hates us and another relegation is a small price to pay to keep the club suffering.

Ashley will have been sold the idea that Bruce is a good Championship manager so will assume he'll bring us straight back up after we go down.

Whoever sold him that idea is probably the same clod who told him he was a good manager in the first place. If Ashley is dim enough to stick with that belief, it will cost him an awful lot of money by the time the penny drops.

Ashley will have been sold the idea that Bruce is a good Championship manager so will assume he'll bring us straight back up after we go down.

Whoever sold him that idea is probably the same clod who told him he was a good manager in the first place. If Ashley is dim enough to stick with that belief, it will cost him an awful lot of money by the time the penny drops.

Fingers crossed.

Around 6 again. Thought we’d go into the international break beginning to get cut adrift. Instead we’re right in the middle of all the shite rather than looking up at it. More proof today that if he doesn’t fuck about too much and sticks to the formula Benitez left that he might get enough wins to keep us up. Just over 50-50 to me.

• 3 weeks later...

The bottom 5 starting to take shape now, as per we are in it.

We criticised the Mackems for stinking out this league, we are doing the same year in.