Liverpool 1-1 Newcastle United - 24/04/21

Disco

There is no moving forward from the Super league until the chairmen/ owners of those clubs are removed. They will just try again in a few years for it.

Edited by Aiston

Not posted in a long while but enjoyed reading through that this morning.

First things first, Stifler, never change.

The assault on ASM has been lost in all the discussion around the end of the game and to be fair its probably not a red at that point on the pitch. Really wound me up though that a near identical challenge by the Ukrainian lass in the Women's Euro playoffs was ridiculed on Twitter with plenty using it to highlight that women's football isn't up to it.

Also, someone made the point about Liverpool getting two corners when Mane was clearly offside. Far too much inconsistency with when the linesman flags and what VAR looks back at. Every tight call on Wilson was immediately flagged and the game stopped whereas Mane was allowed to go on. 

If it’s true that this could be the downfall of dickhead Masters and Hoffman, then that will be satisfactory enough.

Get the Saudi’s in at NUFC and smash the cunts and establish ourselves as one of the competitive clubs in the league. Exactly what they wanted to stop, that would be delightful. 

19 hours ago, Candi_Hills said:

A couple of thoughts:

1. Like most people, I used to like Klopp, but after his Super League cowardice, I now think he's a big shit and hope his team continued to regress. Really glad we took two points away from these arrogant turds.

2. That Fabinho challenge on Max was a red for me. He deviated from his natural path by about two metres and then absolutely clattered him with a high shoulder. Dangerous play all day. It was like something Wynn Davies would do.

People blame VAR, but technology started ruining the game a long time ago. They didn't even show a replay of that?

That Fabinho is one of my most hated players BTW.

Absolute cunt. Robbed us of a point in Rafa’s last home game with his dive. Hope when we next play them someone puts the little rat out for the season. 

Good to see Longstaff and Dubravka coming back into form. Murphy looks like he's found his role too.

Moving forward, Longstaff and Shelvey both lack pace and look liable to lose the ball in dangerous positions down the centre. Ideally, we should only play one of them.

6 hours ago, Belfast Boy said:

Not posted in a long while but enjoyed reading through that this morning.

First things first, Stifler, never change.

The assault on ASM has been lost in all the discussion around the end of the game and to be fair its probably not a red at that point on the pitch. Really wound me up though that a near identical challenge by the Ukrainian lass in the Women's Euro playoffs was ridiculed on Twitter with plenty using it to highlight that women's football isn't up to it.

Also, someone made the point about Liverpool getting two corners when Mane was clearly offside. Far too much inconsistency with when the linesman flags and what VAR looks back at. Every tight call on Wilson was immediately flagged and the game stopped whereas Mane was allowed to go on. 

What made it worse is that it happened twice in the same match, there were two blatant assaults on ASM which wouldn't have looked out of place in the old European games featuring the Butcher of Bilbao. Really cynical hacks which could easily have caused injury, especially that one in the first half by Kavac. 

Guest HTT II
28 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Still in disbelief at Shelvey's 70 yard backwards pass to Dubravka which we almost conceded from. :lol: What the fuck was that

Should have chested it down, did 50 kick ups upon control and then caught it with his hands before throwing it out for a throw in to the other team. Bad goalkeeping really!

On 24/04/2021 at 14:32, Armchair Pundit said:

It's not VAR that's at fault though, it's the dickheads who interpret what they see on the replays.

That is VAR. Ref decisions have always been open to interpretation and what VAR has done is to throw a spot light on every decision. You can't change that with VAR. 

13 hours ago, Danh1 said:

That Fabinho is one of my most hated players BTW.

Absolute cunt. Robbed us of a point in Rafa’s last home game with his dive. Hope when we next play them someone puts the little rat out for the season. 

yeah, i'm still bloody  raging about that.

was a great game with a great atmosphere till then.