Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Potential crumb of hope at the end statemented but don't understand why Amanda says they had to issue one??

Explaining the crux of the problem, she said: “The piracy issue was not an issue but we tried to resolve it anyway.“They [the Premier League] tried to make the state of Saudi a director. The PIF had agreed to become a director.“Do we give up now? I don’t know, there may be a way forward, but we have had to put a statement out.

Wouldn't take anything she says as serious mate. She was the one feeding Caulkin nonsense throughout "remain positive, almost done etc"

Staveley never mentioned Ashley though. She lays the blame firmly at the door of the PL and "other clubs". So I'm not sure I believe this above statement.

If she wants to come back again as was mentioned earlier she may not want to piss off Ashley

This does stink, I am just numb and my optimism died a while ago.

People shocked that the premier league listens to the clubs in it need a reality check though. The clubs in the league act as stakeholders and are essentially considered to own the league aren't they. Of course their opinions carry massive weight with the league. It of course stinks this means that they will tend to resist any big takeovers though, I would have thought the money and exposure benefits all of them in the long run.

Feel most numb for loss of investment in the area. This seems the most sly way too. I would have some respect if they had come out after a few weeks and said no chance they pass fit and proper that would be one thing.

I will wait and see how much of this is some Ashley thing, know people trust Golfmag but hmm. If he did kiboosh it and refuse to sell hope it comes out, because if people were annoyed with him before.

If that Mauriss sweeps in I will somehow be even more annoyed cos Edwards will be fucking intolerable.

Staveley never mentioned Ashley though. She lays the blame firmly at the door of the PL and "other clubs". So I'm not sure I believe this above statement.

If she wants to come back again as was mentioned earlier she may not want to piss off Ashley

but she's perfectly okay blaming the premier league who she'd need approval from and to deal with if she got the club anyway?

If its true about Ashley being Ashley, and trying to move the goalposts at the last minute again, and renegotiate the price, its unbelievable how can he get away with that, especially with £17m that he can just keep, if they walked away??

Kinda wonder if the buyers legal team have been answering all thd questions (hence their ongoing optimism) but Ashleys legal team had been delaying them getting to the PL, hence them saying the buyers weren't answering everything.

The ongojng delay then lets the contractual deadline pass, and Ashley 'does an Ashley'.

If she wants to come back again as was mentioned earlier she may not want to p*ss off Ashley

but she's perfectly okay blaming the premier league who she'd need approval from and to deal with if she got the club anyway?

The Premier League can't refuse deals because of personal dislike though, Ashley can

So it's not like the bid got rejected for moral reasons, it was just the other clubs didn't want it to happen?

Seems like the delay was down to piracy mainly, we don't even know if it was rejected yet

Funny how other owners of dodgy reputations and morals are fit and proper to run a club, wonder if there is claim against the premier league

they don't have the piracy issue which is ultimately what sunk this and sad as it is the human rights abuses, yemen etc were never a factor

Guest reefatoon

Masters is Keys mate. Im sure they've cooked something dirty together.

The only dirty thing they have been cooking up is massive chods to drop on each other. Mucky cunts.

A fan of another club on another forum posted that this was a good thing. I bit...

“It’s fucking dreadful news. The American linked with us is a Qatari-sponsored Stewart Donald in a cowboy hat.

Liverpool, Spurs, Qatar and the PL have fucked us over.

And now we’re stuck with Mike Fucking Ashley, Steve fucking Bruce and a patronising media that tells us to be grateful every season we aren’t relegated.

Well fuck that. I’m finished with football“

PIF have been investing left right and centre during Covid, they’ve invested in Carnival Cruise ffs and Disney. The statement about financial uncertainty caused by Covid and about when the season will start, training etc is bollocks. That’s a face saving statement. This acquisition was part of their 2030 vision. I feel they’ve made a bollocks of this. Watch them buy Roma now.

A fan of another club on another forum posted that this was a good thing. I bit...

“It’s fucking dreadful news. The American linked with us is a Qatari-sponsored Stewart Donald in a cowboy hat.

Liverpool, Spurs, Qatar and the PL have fucked us over.

And now we’re stuck with Mike Fucking Ashley, Steve fucking Bruce and a patronising media that tells us to be grateful every season we aren’t relegated.

Well fuck that. I’m finished with football“

gonna be interesting next season see how many turn up once the corona pop issue is over with.