Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Mauriss will be in charge before the season starts

Mauriss bid doesn't exist....fiction

I am going to cling onto hope that this deal somehow resurrects itself.

Mauriss will be in charge before the season starts

Mauriss bid doesn't exist....fiction

I am going to cling onto hope that this deal somehow resurrects itself.

Please don’t. It’s time to move on. The club is dead.

I think I'm inclined to believe Amanda Staveley. The only think niggling me about GM's source is that because they are from the LMA, they are part of the game's authorities. They are surely never going to actively blame the PL and it therefore seems to make a little sense to me that they'd choose to deflect the blame to MA.

The problem with this is that it's perfectly believable for MA to have done what has been suggested.  :lol:

He's never disclosed who his source was.

Over the last couple of days no and i accept that I am assuming that it's the same one from his tweets from some months back.

So from this do we think Ashley has asked for another payment to extend the exclusivity? And if that was say £50m, that effectively means they'd have spent £67m without any guarantee of the PL making a decision in their favour so they've thought fuck that?

That's me done with the club completely now. There's no way I'm sticking around for the shit show season with Bruce and Ashley. Honestly man we just cant get anything can we? Still stuck with that fat fucking cunt Ashley, fuming.

Just caught up with the news and that's me done too. If Ashley leaves then I'll be back but for now, it's auf wiedersehen :-X

So, IF the above is true then Ashley must be raging at the PL for costing him £300m no?

I can't believe that Ashley would sink a £300m sale by pissing about at the eleventh hour, like. Something in this for me, I reckon he'll be fucking furious how it's worked out.

Statement released by the three parties saying that the deal is dead and interest has ended and that prick is still saying it isn’t over....aye right.

Devastated that this has happened, for me any chance of us becoming one of the “big boys” has gone now. Even if someone else does buy the club one day, they won’t have the funds and the plans that this lot had. The fact that they donated to the food bank and had plans for the city, fuck sake man it is actually heart breaking the impact that this could have had.

Hopefully Richard Masters takes his face off in a chip pan fire, the smug tosser.

Statement released by the three parties saying that the deal is dead and interest has ended and that prick is still saying it isn’t over....aye right.

Devastated that this has happened, for me any chance of us becoming one of the “big boys” has gone now. Even if someone else does buy the club one day, they won’t have the funds and the plans that this lot had. The fact that they donated to the food bank and had plans for the city, fuck sake man it is actually heart breaking the impact that this could have had.

Hopefully Richard Masters takes his face off in a chip pan fire, the smug tosser.

Spot on. I said from the first time I saw the smug twat piping up full of self importance it didn't look good. To the paranoid delusionals like me, it looked suspiciously like he was in there to protect the interests of the current big boys of the PL. Not consciously perhaps, but like the rest of the country him and his fellow officials must feel the pressure of the Liverpools and Man U's.

I think lots of versions of stories are being leaked.

Why the fuck does Liverpool and Spurs get to decide our future? Were we consulted when Liverpool were bought out?

Its fucking ridiculous, and even though already Stavelys husband has been on twitter with apologies, I'm still not sure it's to do with other clubs not wanting it. There will be a cluster of things, and nobody will give the honest response, just their versions.