Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

I’m in :) #teamrocker #pennisanescrowwanker #edwardslovesdonkeydick

I can't imagine who wouldn't be #teamrocker. Well, except those edgy kids who think they're cool because they cheer for the heels.

I have no issue with people being very cautious, and to be honest, I even understand people being somewhat defeatist. What I can't understand is the constant arrogance and piss taking towards supporters with even the tiniest slither of hope.

I'm confident because of information I've heard from someone who has direct contact with the buyers. Do I believe this more than I believe some miserable gonk from the forum? Yes, surprisingly.

I love this place and I've been here since the 04/05 season. I wouldn't lead anyone on. If the information turns out to be dud, then I've been had as well.

O0

I'm with you on this one.  I've been kicked in the nuts once with this and it was fucking awful, but I've decided to go shit or bust and get pulled back in.  I really look forward to your updates, keep them coming.

If it comes to nothing then fair enough but I've not read anything credible so far which suggests that this is stone dead.  There's still hope.

You've made your position clear and how you've formed your opinion. It's in public domain to be tore down laughed at etc.

Sometimes other people tear anything down but don't seem to have any credible evidence to suggest otherwise, other than insults.

Put up or shut up Penn basically  :lol:

This could equally apply to Caulkin though. And those who are basing their optimism on 3rd party info coming from Caulkin.

You have a point. If it wasn't me, but someone else posting information 3rd hand, I'd be cautious too.

However, there's being cautious and then there's being a snarky cunt who belittles people at every opportunity (despite having absolutely no information at all).

You've made your position clear and how you've formed your opinion. It's in public domain to be tore down laughed at etc.

Sometimes other people tear anything down but don't seem to have any credible evidence to suggest otherwise, other than insults.

Put up or shut up Penn basically  :lol:

This could equally apply to Caulkin though. And those who are basing their optimism on 3rd party info coming from Caulkin.

They're literally relaying what they are told, Is Penn being told something to the contrary? If so he's been invited many a time to elaborate on his short and sweet posts to let us know why he thinks differently.

He could very well be correct in his posts, but he literally snipes any positivity with the caveat that the fans are deluded and that's that.

He's as elusive as Mr Masters  :lol:

People can slate Penn all they want but the simple fact is that he has been proved to be correct all the way through this nightmare. I remember scoffing to myself at a comment he made back in early May when he said that the deal wouldn't be done by June 1st.

I am on board with the idea that this may yet still happen but I think we have to be realistic. The chances of that are about 5/95 against IMO. I am still in for the 5% because I simply have nothing to lose and this will probably be the last time I am fully invested in NUFC. I have already checked out of football in every other way. Not interested in the game at large whatsoever now and also not interested in any NUFC team news or transfer activity. The only thread I am now checking is this one and a couple of other takeover-related ones on other message boards.

People can slate Penn all they want but the simple fact is that he has been proved to be correct all the way through this nightmare. I remember scoffing to myself at a comment he made back in early May when he said that the deal wouldn't be done by June 1st.

I am on board with the idea that this may yet still happen but I think we have to be realistic. The chances of that are about 5/95 against IMO. I am still in for the 5% because I simply have nothing to lose and this will probably be the last time I am fully invested in NUFC. I have already checked out of football in every other way. Not interested in the game at large whatsoever now and also not interested in any NUFC team news or transfer activity. The only thread I am now checking is this one and a couple of other takeover-related ones on other message boards.

What has he said that has actually been true that couldn't be achieved through guesswork?

What has he said that has actually been true that couldn't be achieved through guesswork?

Doesnt really matter if he was just guessing though does it? At the end of the day that is all that anyone of has been doing. And are continuing to do.

We are all basing our logic on scraps of information and our own personal bias of how we feel this will go.

Redbird capital though  :lol:

Guest Cheesy Beans

I’m not sure why people are so desperate to be right or prove others wrong.

The only important thing is the deal happens.

People are entitled to post what they know or have heard, you don’t have to read or believe it. But arrogant and unnecessary replies just come across like people are desperate to prove them wrong/bitter they haven’t heard it themselves.

Redbird capital though  :lol:

Good point. He was full of shit with that one.  :)

Again, I agree to an extent.

It's the gloating I can't stand. The gloating that something isn't going to happen and the smugness that it brings.

The more miserable people are, the happier these fuckers are. There's being a pessimist (which is all that they are, really) and there's being a cunt. They're not mutually exclusive.

Penn comes in here with the attitude that we are all idiots for ever believing this deal was ever going to happen and mocks people for offering ideas as to what is going on.

What Penn has failed to do on several occasions, is offer an opinion on why, if the deal was so clearly never going to happen, they think the PL has not rejected it outright.

There’s nothing to report now though. Everything is just regurgitated old news. Why would PIF publicly withdraw their offer if they still wanted to buy us? Surely it would still be on the table until the PL made a move???  It’s pretty obvious it’s over.

There’s nothing to report now though. Everything is just regurgitated old news. Why would PIF publicly withdraw their offer if they still wanted to buy us? Surely it would still be on the table until the PL made a move???  It’s pretty obvious it’s over.

Whether you believe what staveley says, she mentioned that unless something changed they'd neither approve nor reject.

Who is to blame to why we are at this impasse is anyone's guess.

You either believe PIF are not making enough effort to be honest or the PL have overstepped the OD test remit.

Until then we are all being played in ways unbeknownst to ourselves.

Bet you're fun at parties

Penn comes in here with the attitude that we are all idiots for ever believing this deal was ever going to happen and mocks people for offering ideas as to what is going on.

What Penn has failed to do on several occasions, is offer an opinion on why, if the deal was so clearly never going to happen, they think the PL has not rejected it outright.

Fair enough. I'm not the defending the bastard, by the way. Just think that, unfortunately, he will probably proved to be right once again with regards to the current state of play.